BOTG Round 3

DeletedUser

I think a traditional ending would be best also

I had a total of 52 votes throughout the competition, and h@rdcore had a total of 55 votes.

So, rather than changing the rules halfway through the competition, if we keep it with the "bye" theme (so GE doesn't get an unfair bye in a sense) then h@rdcore gets a bye this round, and me and GE battle with the winner vsing h@rdcore.

Would make the most sense to me.

DeletedUser

Hardcore won't be happy seeing this.
emoticon-00127-lipssealed.gif

DeletedUser

I think that will work Harb ;) now we just need a theme :p

I was thinking about maybe defaults for the grand final (I thought it would make a fitting final battle of skill :icon_razz:) so for this one perhaps set stock? With someone neutral (and preferably with an idea of what makes a good "set stock" :icon_razz:) picking it.

I think the final stages should be set stock or defaults personally, I just think it makes for a more interest skill battle. (I'm not great at it myself, but I would like to be. :icon_redface:)

DeletedUser

I was thinking about maybe defaults for the grand final (I thought it would make a fitting final battle of skill :icon_razz:) so for this one perhaps set stock? With someone neutral (and preferably with an idea of what makes a good "set stock" :icon_razz:) picking it.

I think the final stages should be set stock or defaults personally, I just think it makes for a more interest skill battle. (I'm not great at it myself, but I would like to be. :icon_redface:)

I second this. It's more of a challenge. Interesting to see how people come up with thier ideas!

DeletedUser

Defaults is a copout theme ... if somebody has skill they can show it with any theme ... you don't need a particular theme to bring out skill.

DeletedUser102804

If you're doing selected stocks, I can choose a stock for you guys. Literally have over 500MB in stock photos, plus many more bookmarked on the internet.

DeletedUser

Defaults is a copout theme ... if somebody has skill they can show it with any theme ... you don't need a particular theme to bring out skill.

Battle of the graphics should involve at least one round that isn't "battle of the better stock".

And I don't really see how it is a "copout" theme. It's probably the hardest theme given that it's 100% original work. How better to judge a final round than 100% original work? It's also why I suggested the "set stock" round before the final round, so that you have a defaults round of 100% from scratch, and also working from the same stock but showing the skills in a different format.

Kind of to test both elements; original work and stock manipulation. Just my opinion of course, and I'm terrible at both, I would probably have a better chance with a generic sig making contest anyway. :icon_razz:

King Sean04

If you're doing selected stocks, I can choose a stock for you guys. Literally have over 500MB in stock photos, plus many more bookmarked on the internet.

That would be great :icon_biggrin: you can send them to me and I will put them up with the round 4 post. I think 3 will be good.

DeletedUser

Battle of the graphics should involve at least one round that isn't "battle of the better stock".

And I don't really see how it is a "copout" theme. It's probably the hardest theme given that it's 100% original work. How better to judge a final round than 100% original work? It's also why I suggested the "set stock" round before the final round, so that you have a defaults round of 100% from scratch, and also working from the same stock but showing the skills in a different format.

Kind of to test both elements; original work and stock manipulation. Just my opinion of course, and I'm terrible at both, I would probably have a better chance with a generic sig making contest anyway. :icon_razz:

It just seems that whenever a theme needs to be selected it's like "oh defaults is a good theme" and it's really not it just makes us do something we never ever usually do with signatures. So once you choose that theme you are asking somebody not to do what they are good at and have practiced at with using stocks/renders/c4d's etc etc. you're asking them to do something completely different. But if Sean want's to use that as a theme then I'll make something.

King Sean04

It just seems that whenever a theme needs to be selected it's like "oh defaults is a good theme" and it's really not it just makes us do something we never ever usually do with signatures. So once you choose that theme you are asking somebody not to do what they are good at and have practiced at with using stocks/renders/c4d's etc etc. you're asking them to do something completely different. But if Sean want's to use that as a theme then I'll make something.

I never said defaults. I just think set stock would be fun :lol: Let creativity reign free with a set image

DeletedUser

I don't mind either way, I like the challenge/different aspect of a defaults or doing something unusual, but I would personally have a better chance with something normal. Either way is fine for me, but I wouldn't say it's really a bad thing taking someone out of their comfort zone (myself included).

Given that it's meant to be a competition to see who is the best at "graphics" in a very general sense, if we only judged people by their preferred field, it wouldn't be a very rounded competition, would it? I think I would have a decent chance for example if it was a purely smudge competition, but it's not, because that's just one style. It really depends on how you want to consider the "battle of the graphics"; is it battle of graphics in general (implying basically all types of graphics) or signature battles? I always interpreted it as the former.

DeletedUser

Got roughly 7Gb of stocks on my hard drive if you struggle to find any good ones :p

BOTG is as you say harb, battles of all types of graphics. Right now I would say to do the last round as GEvsharcorevsharb, you guys are the final 3, and it would be silly to knock someone out from having the chance to get the top spot now. Just take it as a lesson for the next BOTG: be aware of the number of competitors at the start of the botg :p