Buffs

duke nukem

It has come to my attention that some players have been gifted buffs by Innogames, eg Noble Boosters. Not everyone, just some. And they refuse to explain their rationale for doing so. I had understood that W100 was supposed to be a back to basics level playing-field game. But this move by Innogames is counter to that and stinks.

Below is the conversation so far with Innogames.

duke nukem2018-05-16 22:25:09
I have been attacked by a player with a noble boost buff. I didn't think these existed in W100. Whats going on?

Tribal Wars - Customer Support2018-05-16 22:33:38
Hello duke nukem,

Can you please provide the name of the player who attacked you and the time of the attack so we can look at this for you.

Best Regards,

Mellofax
Senior In-Game Supporter

duke nukem2018-05-16 22:43:03
Details provided but hidden from here as sensitive game info.

Tribal Wars - Customer Support2018-05-16 22:46:14
Thanks for that. After looking at the information loyalty suffered a hit of 31 - that is well within the server normal of 20-35

Best Regards,

Mellofax
Senior In-Game Supporter
Tribal Wars - Customer Support2018-05-16 22:48:50
My appologies, it would appear you are correct and that an effect was in place. Please bear with me while I look into this

Best Regards,

Mellofax
Senior In-Game Supporter

duke nukem2018-05-16 22:52:59
Some members of my tribe also have buffs. This appears to be a general problem.

Tribal Wars - Customer Support2018-05-16 22:59:33
Unfortunately I am unable to comment on any specifics due to player confidentiality except to tell you that it was a genuine effect and not a bug and that some players do have this.

Best Regards,

Mellofax
Senior In-Game Supporter

duke nukem2018-05-16 23:03:04
That is completely unfair and contrary to the spirit of this world. It is also outrageous that you won't explain the basis of why some players have this advantage and others don't. I request again that you provide further explanation.

Tribal Wars - Customer Support2018-05-16 23:19:55
Hello duke nukem,

This happened due to an offer that is present under certain circumstances.

The issue has been submitted to the developers for review.

Regards,
Jirki88
Co-Community Manager
Forum Administrator

duke nukem2018-05-16 23:27:42
So it is a bug! Be honest!

duke nukem2018-05-16 23:36:52
BTW I am sharing this conversation with my tribe via the forum.

I am struggling to understand how this mechanism/offer can be fair if limited to just some players, in a way you're not prepared to explain. Unless its a bug. And if a bug it means that a number of players have already been disadvantaged and their playing experience damaged - on a world thats supposed to be a celebration of the game.

I trust I'll have a full, honest and complete answer from you within 24hrs.

duke nukem2018-05-16 23:49:21
Comment from one of my tribemates
No its a genuine offer to returning players, I hadn't signed in for a LONG time and this is why I got it. But yes it is majorly unfair

So its an offer to persuade players to return to the game. Why not just admit that? I'm stunned that you thought that was a good idea and fair to all the players that have kept with the game but not got the offer. Even more stunned at your secrecy over it.

I'm now seriously considering whether you are a company I want to have a relationship with. I look forward to the already requested full response.

Tribal Wars - Customer Support2018-05-17 01:33:33
As I mentioned, it is an offer that is present in certain circumstances. We cannot share any further information on it, to avoid abuse of the system.

The issue have been forwarded to the developers, and that is unfortunately as much as I can say about it.

Regards,
Jirki88
Co-Community Manager
Forum Administrator

dzippe

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
It's not a bug, check your e-mails maybe you got some booster too. But now it's a little bit too late for checking

duke nukem

Even if its not a bug its a 'feature' only available to some, not all, players. So blatantly unfair. And worse Innnogames refuse to provide any information to allow us to understand the reasoning for it.

DeletedUser

is there a limit on the buff? does it expire?

it seems inno is hesitant to remove/ acknowledge it...

duke nukem

So that confirms only some people get it. And it could be argued a loyalty bonus is OK (although I don't think so on this particular world!), so why stay so secretive about it? And btw I've been playing since W3 and received no bonus.

DeletedUser

the account im playing on has the 9 yr award and wasnt offered this bonus...

ReD KhaN

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Same i cant understand why need have bonus when thats not pp world and why onlt few players got advantage lol jirki thats not answer brother. Probably this will make some of us leave tribal wars forever.

Conscience

I think it's just the fact that this world was meant to be the last "old settings" world and to see that a select few have been given this sort of bonus especially the highest loyalty bonus is quite sad. It's something which puts players on a quite significant advantage.

Again like you said players which have been playing for a while did not receive this bonus. So how did they determine who got it?

DeletedUser116724

Too bad I never check my email :(
Expired after a week. Complete and utter rubbish if you ask me. This world should've been a level playing field. Between the mentor system giving 5% resources back on all new accounts, and co-players gifting villages it's very unbalanced.

t7y54p.jpg

dzippe

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Even if its not a bug its a 'feature' only available to some, not all, players. So blatantly unfair. And worse Innnogames refuse to provide any information to allow us to understand the reasoning for it.
It's all on a random Principe ..

The Frog

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
Its like car insurance renewal..the loyal and non stop players get nothing.. and the new get the special offers.. remove all or add to all. as said above keep this world a level playing field or many many will consider it a joke tainted with personal favouritism

Apathetic h0llygh0st

Consumer of Beverages
Reaction score
Same thing happened on W77 where accounts that had been gone for a while and came back, received a 20% Wood production boost item.

Nothing new, I didn't get it either but its not like I'm annoyed by it either. The game has many elements of chance. Location or just pure luck for every attack. If you land in between a premade of 25 experienced players or in between a scattered group of noobs... Last thing on your mind is whether or not you get +2 loyalty loss...

DeletedUser

What loyalty are you at? I'm in the area and want to cap your village off the guy who's nobling you.

DeletedUser99805

You're completely right to be frustrated. I've submitted a ticket about this also and would encourage everyone else to do so.

ALessonInPointWhoring

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
It's shitty, but it's also mostly inconsequential.

I have it, but I'd happily use it right now while I am more than a week from reaching academy to prove just how useless it is.

Last edited:

A14C

It's not that big of a buff but it's still a joke that Inno continues to do shit like this.

Zalinor

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
I like that we occasionally get gifts to claim from Inno, I have had it on multiple worlds, possibly on different accounts returning from "breaks"/periods of non-use.I didn't get it on W100 though.

I back that the mentor boost is far more valuable than something which might let you cap in 3, especially when you choose a friend/tribe member as your mentor so nigh on every building gives you res back

DeletedUser111865

What a load of shit, Grafting our boll**** off staying active, now this....