Bullying of new players

Kaline

I have not been playing long, perhaps a week out of protection. I have recently been attacked by a much stronger player who claims to now own my village. When i refused to not build any troops and simply let him farm my village he became abusive in language and send in troops to obliterate my village. I reported this to services but apparently this is perfectly allowable in game? How can they expect new players to enjoy this game when they cannot accomplish anything due to bullying of older players?

As an example here is a recent conversation between one of my clan leaders and the person in question.

krisjan76 wrote:
-->
i know you have read my email. i hope you are considering my generous offer.

you have until 22:00 server time to accept or else her buildings start coming down.

choose your fate.

krisjan

krisjan76 wrote:
-->
we both know your threats are meaningless. i don't know why you are protecting her.

so that you may keep your honor and continue to thrive in this game, i will accept a compromise that will avoid the destruction of both kaline and koh.

1. kaline will pay me 1000 of each resource daily for 7 days; at her resource levels this will be easy and should not disrupt her village's growth.
2. she will change her village name to "Property of ESL" for 7 days
3. during those 7 days she will NOT build troops

these conditions are non-negotiable.

please do the smart thing and accept my offer. i will not think less of you.

whuessex wrote:
-->
my threat still stands!

krisjan76 wrote:
-->
my friend, she is not worth fighting over. does koh really want war with ESL? please, for the sake of your tribe, reconsider your position.

whuessex wrote:
-->
stop attacking now or i will be forced to send in the heavy calvery backed up with lvl 2 rams and catapults!

krisjan76 wrote:
-->
my war with her is personal and with her alone, not koh. she is weak and cowardly and will no longer be of benefit to koh once i am done with her. cut her loose and do not let her drag koh down with her.

regards,
krisjan

Surely this sort of treatment forces people to quit the game, which I do not wish to do.

Kaline

So i have to quit or restart just because 1 player decides to bully me? sounds like the devs need better rules or better protection rules

DeletedUser137

well if you are getting bullied then your village wouldhave been taken over eventualy because you were obviously the weaker, i always make friends with those around me and if i wasnt one of the strong ones in my sector then i would restart as its pointless to go on.

Kaline

308404 said:
well if you are getting bullied then your village wouldhave been taken over eventualy because you were obviously the weaker, i always make friends with those around me and if i wasnt one of the strong ones in my sector then i would restart as its pointless to go on.

he's nowhere near me. So basically what you are saying is you can't start this game if you weren't around when the world began. He's 3 hours away from me to attack.

DeletedUser1089

3 hours away means he's pretty close to you. Anyone within 6 hours or so nobleman journey can be considered a threat. Also, THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS BULLYING. This is called playing the game correctly. You beat people up and take their villages. You should just accept his offer of you sending him resources, assuming he means he won't take you over during that time.

Bumpy

You should build troops and send them elsewhere. until you have enough to defend your village

DeletedUser1747

Kaline, we at ESL believe in peace and togetherness. This is an unbelievable transgression of those values. In this vein, the next troops krisjan sends to your village will bring flowers and greeting cards. Maybe even those little chocolates. They will also apologize profusely whilst they level your village. I hope that in time, this gesture will bring you some sort of closure and let you move on. Perhaps not today, perhaps not tommorow, but someday. Good luck to you.

DeletedUser1618

vpar2 said:
Kaline, we at ESL believe in peace and togetherness. This is an unbelievable transgression of those values. In this vein, the next troops krisjan sends to your village will bring flowers and greeting cards. Maybe even those little chocolates. They will also apologize profusely whilst they level your village. I hope that in time, this gesture will bring you some sort of closure and let you move on. Perhaps not today, perhaps not tommorow, but someday. Good luck to you.

I like you.

DeletedUser1105

Well....you need to protect yourself somehow.
1. Restart
2. Get a good tribe
3. Build up defensive troops and wall.
If you start getting attacked and can't defend yourself:
4. Send your troops out of the base every time a raid comes until you have enough to fight off the assaults.
5. Make your hiding place large enough to cover your warehouse. You are now worthless as a farm.

#5 might have the opposite effect and just get your entire village (resources included) leveled.

Senty

If you really want to get back at him destroy that which he desires. Before you restart get some other big players around you to raze your resources and warehouse.

bobett

IrishPirate said:
Well....you need to protect yourself somehow.
1. Restart
2. Get a good tribe
3. Build up defensive troops and wall.
If you start getting attacked and can't defend yourself:
4. Send your troops out of the base every time a raid comes until you have enough to fight off the assaults.
5. Make your hiding place large enough to cover your warehouse. You are now worthless as a farm.

#5 might have the opposite effect and just get your entire village (resources included) leveled.

yeah, sometimes if a player is really pissing me off, I just own their entire village just to teach them a lesson. and then I forward the reports to all nearby enemies, to show them what happens if they resist:lol:

DeletedUser1089

That's actually a great idea Bobett... I think I'll start doing that.

Shamash

Often in a game, there are losers. Losing well is harder than winning well.

Greenlantern

Bullying new players is a sign of being weak in real life! Let those guys and gals alone, we all want to have fun here!
It's just a game! :icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser1185

i'm trying to see how ESL is even considered a threat they are so puny. :icon_twisted:

matjacks

Dont be forced out!

First of all report him if he begins to swear or be very abusive.

Second.. Try to join a large tribe. This may make him think twice! Also it would be betetr if the tribe had an alliance with his tribe.

On world one I also had this problem. I was constantly attacked by the Tribe oh wait for it! ... TW.. Without a doubt the most unfair tribe on the worlds. Anyway.. I managed to negotiate my way out long enough to pause the attacks until I worked myself into a high ranking tribe which is now a very nice place to be. The attacks stopped imediatly.

Some tribes are unfair and decide to dominate the world. This isnt nice on new or existing memebrs and often forces them to quit.

DeletedUser805

Greenlantern said:
Bullying new players is a sign of being weak in real life! Let those guys and gals alone, we all want to have fun here!
It's just a game! :icon_rolleyes:

Ahhhh ... the true cry of an ineffective player. ;)