Bullying of new players

DeletedUser

So it's not a game? Or we are not here to have fun? :icon_neutral:

DeletedUser

We are here to have fun. Have you ever made anyone go gray? The first time you do it the feeling is pure bliss. It's a high both power and pleasure combined. And so you attack others trying to get that feeling again.

I can't help it if I attack other people, I have a disease!

DeletedUser20

Senty said:
We are here to have fun. Have you ever made anyone go gray? The first time you do it the feeling is pure bliss. It's a high both power and pleasure combined. And so you attack others trying to get that feeling again.

I can't help it if I attack other people, I have a disease!

You have problems...

New players will always get bullied unless they make a stand.

In a related way think about crusades on this game, its because others are so much more powerful and have the power to bully them with ease. People made the crusades and also the council and im sure many others as well so that they wont be consumed by these bigger, more powerful players. Unite as one and crush your foes!

DeletedUser1082

That sounds corny. So, new players, just make a stand, and you'll have fun.

DeletedUser20

Well if you are getting "bullied" then id rather make a stand than roll over and die. However i know alot of people do choose to roll over and die.

Your choice people. Corny reminds me of corn...

DeletedUser

Senty said:
Have you ever made anyone go gray? The first time you do it the feeling is pure bliss. It's a high both power and pleasure combined. And so you attack others trying to get that feeling again.
Yes, I did that once. And I felt bad and somehow guilty afterwards, even a little bit dirty.

So how far will you go? You attack other people to get your kick, and you need to attack more and more to get the same kick?
What if it gets out of hand and in the end all you have left is aggression? That can't be the goal!?

DeletedUser1082

Oh whatever. Farming gets you resources. You call aggressive players bullies, but it's just a style of play. And it should be obvious that not all of them will see your protestations as they don't check the forum and even those that do will continue to attack.

DeletedUser

Greenlantern said:
Yes, I did that once. And I felt bad and somehow guilty afterwards, even a little bit dirty.
Don't worry, that's normal
browsmiley.gif

DeletedUser1185

i have made villages go grey and it did not give me Bliss?i have also sent defensive troops to grey Villages just for the pure pleasure of watching a resource raid attack just to die from my troops lieing in wait but this also does not give me Bliss but now when i tackle a village the same size as me and crush them mercilessly now that gives me bliss. :icon_twisted: :icon_twisted:

DeletedUser

I made someone go gray recently and yes it was a bliss like feeling. I wouldn't say I bullied him for pointing out that he wasn't active enough for our area and should go elsewhere. I didn't make any unreasonable demands or ask for stuff other than that he accept my good advice and leave the area.

This isn't bullying. In the case of the people in my area though they have been there as long as I have and I tend to leave the real new ones alone for a bit. This is a war game though and there would be nothing wrong with flattening them right away. Don't come out of protection without good defenses and a decent tribe.

You don't actually need enough to defend yourself from an all out attack necesasarily because if you make it a hassle many players will go away but don't have next to nothing to defend yourself with and then cry bullying.

There are ways to fight back. One poor soul who shall remain annoymous decided to leave his one man tribe for a 20 person tribe just yesterday. I nicely warned his tribe leader not to help him but they didn't heed my good advice. I made an error in judgement and as a result I actually lost people to somewhat pathetic support. That's how he fought back and while getting support is a good idea in this case it is just going to lead to bloodshed I guess.

Racerdude

Hi, i'm a new member to the game, i just joined last night. I do have experience with these games, so i'm not a total noob. But i could see where the thought of bullying can come from. It's a hard and lonely feeling when you pass the noob protection and it seems the world is crashing down around you, even if you do have powerful friends. If one sends all his/her resources for the protection of his/her village, then they cannot grow or expand in nature any more. There is a fine line between fun for ourselves and fun for everyone, it just depends on the circumstances.

DeletedUser

I made someone tipp their king over in chess and I felt really good. Is it bullying when i surround a weak player and leave him no option other than quitting? In chess you say it isn't but it is in tribalwars?

Oh, I see, the difference must be that you invest more time here at tw, but then thats exactly why you are bullied. You haven't invested enough. All those stupid (thanks lord death for pointing out that we all are stupid except you) children who never see the sunlight, all those jobless, all those ugly people without friends and a real life just have a lot more spare free time and so this is their game, where they are better than you. Maybe you even believe that when you quit and feel better...

DeletedUser660

I can kind of understand where you are coming from Kaline, but take it from me sometimes you just get handed a raw deal. This is as it has been pointed out a War Game and as such there are going to be people, and probably a lot of them attacking to better their own position in the game. I for one have restarted, I felt then and now, that it was the best thing that I could have done. In my case I was surrounded by much larger villages or ones allied to my tribe, or that had NAPS with us. I could also see that those of us who couldn't grow fast enough were going to get farmed or worse taken over. That was just the way it was, so I decided to just ship off what resources I had to friends and restart knowing that my friends would ship them back to my new village. It worked like a charm. I am now out on the rim, my village is growing better then it did the first time around and I am in a better place where I may be able to build up. I will also have to start attacking soon, just to get the resources I need to continue to build, this is not bullying, but simple necessity, that's how the game is played.

You have also been handed some very good advice by others on this post. Now I will add my own. These are things that I have done and they seem to work well.

1) Keep as much of your resources in your market. example: say you have 3000 iron, put it on the market like this: Offer 3000 iron for 999999 wood. No one will be able to bid for it nor will you loose it to attack.

2) Send all troops you recruit to an allied village: Keep them there until such a time as you have enough to defend yourself.

3) If all else fails and your unable to over come your current difficulties, do what I did. You'll be better prepared this time and should put yourself in an area where everyone is about the same level as you are.

Hope this helps some,
Gil

DeletedUser20

Ilyan said:
I made someone tipp their king over in chess and I felt really good. Is it bullying when i surround a weak player and leave him no option other than quitting? In chess you say it isn't but it is in tribalwars?

Oh, I see, the difference must be that you invest more time here at tw, but then thats exactly why you are bullied. You haven't invested enough. All those stupid (thanks lord death for pointing out that we all are stupid except you) children who never see the sunlight, all those jobless, all those ugly people without friends and a real life just have a lot more spare free time and so this is their game, where they are better than you. Maybe you even believe that when you quit and feel better...

This guy speaks the truth...You're all ugly, jobless vampires with no life!!!

DeletedUser1089

GilOSullivan said:
1) Keep as much of your resources in your market. example: say you have 3000 iron, put it on the market like this: Offer 3000 iron for 999999 wood. No one will be able to bid for it nor will you loose it to attack.

This is incorrect. Those resources will still be plundered. The only way to use the market to keep resources safe is to send them away right before the attack and cancel the sending directly after.

DeletedUser660

Omnitank said:
This is incorrect. Those resources will still be plundered. The only way to use the market to keep resources safe is to send them away right before the attack and cancel the sending directly after.

Hmmm I did not know that, perhaps I misunderstood, perhaps my tribe mate just meant that they would not be detected by scouts. Not sure if that's right either.

Gil

DeletedUser1082

Just start recruiting the max number of troops in barracks, and then cancel the training after the attack hits.

DeletedUser

Malreaux said:
Just start recruiting the max number of troops in barracks, and then cancel the training after the attack hits.
And lose 10%. :p I'd rather send them away and cancel, if I had to choose.

DeletedUser

mr_luc said:
And lose 10%. :p I'd rather send them away and cancel, if I had to choose.

but in order to do that, you have to have a big enough market. I'd rather just annihilate the attacker ;P

DeletedUser

There is plenty of merit in having a friend destoy your village before abandoning it. Denying your enemy the fruit of his/her victory is a common strategy used throughout history. Razing your own fields in advance of your enemy has historically been used as a way of slowing down their forces. The tactic has succeeded in turning back several armies.

Destroying buildings, bridges, etc. to prevent them from falling into enemy hands has always been a legitimate military option.

So he was provided with a perfectly valid military option and someone calls it dishonorable? Sounds like the victor is the sore loser - not the defeated.
:swordsman:
:villagers:

Last edited by a moderator: