Bullying of new players

DeletedUser1082

They'd have such a grudge though... Unless you delete your account and start one with a new name, then they might decide to take revenge by sending a lot of troops once your protection expires.

DeletedUser

True, but that assumes you are not too far away and that they would care after a week. Besides, war for revenge is seldom productive. They would simply waste even more time and resources.

DeletedUser2067

:icon_razz: thats the point of the game bring all tribes together and Unite them It is a game take it easily

DeletedUser1089

I got bullied by Zanda! WAAAAAAAH!!! :icon_cry: Just kidding. I incited her wrath, and we had a good fight. I like Zanda. However, that ^^^ is the kind of thing smaller players sometimes do though, attack a larger player, lose the battle, and expect not to be retaliated against. Someone did that to me earlier in the game, but he joined a tribe that I have an NAP with, so I couldn't take revenge.

DeletedUser

As a new player of this game, I've been here for five days now, I don't understand the Don't pick on me mentality. Everyone that is now playing the game, started at nothing. They survived either through luck or determination. While this isn't the first time I've played in a game like this, I will have to say this is the first one i've found where the destroying of those arround you is considered to be bullying.

Personally from the moment I had enough troops to start attacking those directly arround me, I jumped on them. Does this mean I'm a bully to? I think not. I think it means I'm playing the game correctly.

:swordsman:Ternith Sjomah:swordsman:

DeletedUser1082

Hmmm. Five days eh? Then your protection must have expired. Lol just joking. I agree with you totally.
Most of these players did not play like you did when they began playing and did not make the best use of that period of protection. Consequently they whine when they are "bullied" by players that did.

DeletedUser

All you have to do in this game is be active, build troops not buildings, and make friends with the people around you. Then you shouldn't have any problems- if you make an effort in the 1st few days you will have a big advantage in the future.:axemen: :axemen: :axemen:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2390

I suggest a good balance of military and economy, emphasis on economy, then work like crazy on military. I just exited my protection period.

DeletedUser493

you should never bully new players. you should give them 5 days to get used to the game. :icon_eek: oh wait, we already do.

DeletedUser2390

Also, the morale of your enemy, and luck, still gives you a chance over the best of armies.

DeletedUser

Morale makes it so that a new player only needs to have a very small army and a wall up to make it not worth the time of a huge player. If people don't get even that much up and then yell bullying I have no sympathy.

DeletedUser

I've just realised that I tried to start a topic on this elsewhere...

Part of the problem with all this advice is that you need to play the game to know it - and I'm not convinced that you can actually give a new player a guarantee that however hard they try they will last a fortnight. I've been account-sitting someone for the last week who's already restarted once and will probably have to restart again. Why would they bother playing if they never get to attack anything but are continually flattened?

The chess analogy someone used isn't too bad, really. Imagine every game you play is against someone vastly better than you who always beats you in 10 moves. How long will you keep playing?

It's a game - I want people to enjoy it and having new people playing makes it better. I don't want them all to give up (I wonder if the admins have any statistics on "player lifetime" vs. start point in a world - and this is why we're getting world 3?)

DeletedUser1082

New players are always joining. And they all have a chance. The learning curve isn't that steep. There is a lot for them to do. If they have some luck, don't incite the wrath of some huge player nearby, join the right tribe, make it unprofitable to be attacked, they might survive.

They can try to get better so that they aren't beaten in a single attack. If they get tired of the game they would likely go join another game more suited to them.

And you said yourself that guy joined wanting to attack someone else. Then someone else would be "bullied". Correct?

DeletedUser599

I'd have accepted the 1000 resource a day for 7 days offer...

DeletedUser

No, I don't think that attacking the other player is the same as bullying - if you enjoy playing war/strategy games you enjoy them most when either a) playing against someone who is so good that they are an inspiration to watch or b) playing against someone of similar skill and strength where you don't know which way it's going to go.

That's from a game-playing point of view - if you just like power and domination you might think differently. And I'm not sure that most starting players will get to see anything very masterful happening to their village. My point is that if someone sends cats against them every two hours it's hardly going to be educational or fun!

I know this is a wargame, I'm just keen that people who like strategy/wargames might enjoy playing this one!

DeletedUser1082

They will look at it like it is bullying. Starting over is a acceptable course of action if you're in a neighborhood that is too tough. You can start over again in a part of the map that is nearer their experience and have a better chance of dominating.
I attacked someone that is still playing the game, who is not complaining nor whining but is joining a tribe that could help protect him. It didn't really help, but at least he's actually making an effort.

DeletedUser

if someones to inexpierienced to to know how to play the game they should read the game rules and build defenses:icon_cool:

DeletedUser

im not speaking as a particularily experienced player.. but im pretty sure that is how the game works? maybe you should of saw the experienced player there.. read the begginers advice... and built many defences...
life is un fair i suppose.