Byes

Nyxx

Reaction score
Well, I guess this warrants a forum topic. I already wrote a long text today so I can't be bothered to write another one, so I'll just copypaste the message I sent to PKs:

As you know, we've been on dwindling activity for years. DFB and DL have already succumbed to inactivity long time ago. Signs of creeping inactivity have been showing in PKs for years, and now we're down to ten or so active players. We have several large accounts gone inactive during 2010, starting from 7.dj, sweetcretin who never really got back from his summer vacation, thebettertwin who has been missing in action for a bit over month now. Not to mention frabac and aquarium who went abandoned without much notice. We've at best been able to keep up with some 500 village accounts without owners such as drderf or kursk, some we've had to outright abandon. It is for all practical purposes impossible for us to eat these accounts. It is obvious that PKs has ran out of steam in 2010. We used to have 4-5 people who would always be willing to take any account with any amount of incomings and sort it out to zero losses. Unfortunately that number has come down to practically one (that's me). Even though we still have ten or so active players, each of us lives have changed during the years that fewer of us can commit the time required to be successful in Tribal Wars.

For a year or so I've daily eyed Mattius' profile text and day by day I think more that this guy is correct (as always). There is really only one 'I Win'-button in this game, and that button requires password confirmation. Back in the February when we crushed barbar I thought I'm so done with this game, I've done everything there is to do. I had a long vacation scheduled in April, I thought I'll use the trip to weed myself off from Tribal Wars. Unfortunately, Icelandic volcanic gods disagreed with my plans and I had to postpone the trip all the way until now.

I'll be leaving Thursday 24th. I don't think I will be coming back.

What you do next is up to you. Whether you go out in a barbar-style final insult, or join another tribe, it is entirely up to you.

Well, guess that's about it. I've had great time, had great victories, made great friends and got a great secondary job. I regret nothing :icon_twisted:

DeletedUser

[15:27:15] Kustard King / Garion: NYXX IS LEAVING W5!!! O_O
[15:27:31] Kustard King / Garion: HOLY SHIT!!!
[15:27:41] Kustard King / Garion: Kustard King / Garion goes into a W5 panic
[15:27:48] Kustard King / Garion: W5! W5! :O
[15:27:53] Kustard King / Garion: Nyxx! :O
[15:27:58] Kustard King / Garion: GOING!!! >.<
[15:28:14] Karma (Krama): Karma (Krama) slaps Kusty with a shoe.
[15:28:20] Karma (Krama): Snap out of it.
[15:28:31] Kustard King / Garion: Yessir... =(

Now that I've calmed down... Dood o_O
Maximum respect for you, sir. You were one of the most influencial (and stubborn) players in World 5. Now go and be even more influencial (and stubborn) in real life <3
We didn't converse much, but I'll still miss you in a weird way. Good luck, Nyxx.

*Pats Nyxx on the back*

DeletedUser

holy s**t!!! this is the end of PKs then? can't imagine w5 without PKs to be honest. up till 1 year ago i always "Dreamed" of joining PKs mainly because they were few fighting everybody else. the style of play i love. But then they allied with SCI and i changed my mind lol:icon_razz:

W5 won't be the same from thursday.
But good luck to you and congratz on your victory. Getting out of tw is really a win win situation.

DeletedUser

If this is true, i wish you all the best in RL.

We my not have met on the map nor much dealings IGM neither.
Much respect goes to you and what you kept together for so long.

DeletedUser

Congratulation on your free time. This game is a waste of time, but I'm as well addicted to winning and finishing whatever that starts. I have been in your position as I ran TSE, however I succeeded to get some incredible players and a few who brought their friends with. People leave and return, even if some were bad.

If your lack of owners is what you say, which were quite obvious from everyone going grey. Then we must have sent you a hell lot of work last week.
It was a nightmare to plan, so I always hope it's a nightmare to endure.

Take care Nyxx, Pks were a skilled enemy.

7.dj, sweetcretin and thebettertwin. It seems as we hit the Jackpot.

Last edited by a moderator:

darkraven9

I find this troubling, yet I am in no way surprised.
We will all leave this game in due time.

Nyxx- Good luck in RL and all the best. I never met you on the battlefield, but would have liked to so I could say I did. World 5 wont be the same without you, or PKs, that I am sure of. Congrats on leaving this world undefeated. :swordsman::axemen::swordsman:

It is a good thing that DEATH has formed. We will bring what must be done to this world.

DeletedUser

Bring what's needed? You still got the same enemies that you could have warred all the time.:p

The Roman Empire

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Nyxx,like everyone is saying, we have a great deal of respect for you. You're a great player :)
Good luck in RL :) <3

DeletedUser18695

This is crap, I didnt even get to noble you :(.

Nyxx, its been a pleasure knowing you, talking with you and also playing games on you :p.

I will miss you greatly.

DeletedUser

good desicion mate it is a really good desicion.
I really like playing with u. I was lucky coz I was close to u. That times were my best in TW.
W5 los a good player, leader, defender ( who care what the enemies say. I know how he defended.) and a really good person.
I think ur leaving means the end of W5 come.

I hope best in ur RL.

/Otto

The Roman Empire

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
good desicion mate it is a really good desicion.
I really like playing with u. I was lucky coz I was close to u. That times were my best in TW.
W5 los a good player, leader, defender ( who care what the enemies say. I know how he defended.) and a really good person.
I think ur leaving means the end of W5 come.

I hope best in ur RL.

/Otto

Omg everyone thought you were dead or something :icon_eek:
As Truebluesky went red and was so for weeks till it went barb :/

But I agree with what you say, so I wont go to offtopic :p

DeletedUser8060

I think Nyxx has one of these rare qualities we all seek in players.

He was never to be found in a forum.

I respect that in a player. Forum is where many wars are fought usually from people who don't have much to say inside the game itself.

As I always say: "If you have time for the game forum you don't have time for the game itself".

We have been enemies and we have been allies and neighbors for a long long long time. It is something that grows in you like seeing your wife every morning. Only perhaps not so scary as seeing your wife every morning :lol:

I think you have given a final seminar in bravery: The bravery needed to quit the game you invested so much time into without hard feelings and second thoughts.

The only thing that can make such a decision "easier" is too many friends missing. Too many enemies missing also. Too much spirit missing.

I admit the game is just not the same in 2010. I don't even remember why I fight anymore (when I bother to fight someone) and the nuking/defending is almost pointless since everyone is massively experienced and let's face it there is no element of surprise when you have incomings from 10 days away :)

I think overall what I would like to say is thank you for the good times and thank you for staying in the game for so long and making it count for the rest of us.

This is a special thanks one that the game itself should give to loyal players for their help to keep the game and the community active.

I never really talked to you or met you but I will miss you all the same.

Until we meet again then...Cheers mate and all the best in life. Live like you played play like you live!

Regards,

gogod

DeletedUser

I know how hard it's to sit less active players. Once upon a time, there was a sitter who sat over half of the Sciros front in TSE while it were attacked. That time was not fun.

Lucklily the sitter pushed the work to new sitters and lived happily the whole evening. After that, supportlists were made and then it was time to work again.

DeletedUser

Omg everyone thought you were dead or something :icon_eek:
As Truebluesky went red and was so for weeks till it went barb :/

But I agree with what you say, so I wont go to offtopic :p

me dont wanna go off topic too but sorry about that. Not me but my grandfather dead and in our religion there r too much thing to do after death. I just came back lats weekend.

and GG yeah some people love the enemy like how I love u :D

wow seeing the disband of PKs is really sad :icon_cry:

ateakin

Sad Day

I would like to say to all w5 player it has been a pleasure knowing everyone i did. Nyxx you were an amazing player. I am sad i did not get to know you. as for pks it was an amazing tribe i always dreamed of joining from the very first day i played w5 many years ago.

W5 will change very rapidly now since many will be going barb and inactive due to this. It is sad that the great players and foes over the years are disappearing now. I lost my account many years ago and i have played with a friend since then on his.

I have seen w5 grow into its greatness. I trhink it has finally hit its climax and will slow start to break down into who can keep up the will to fight.

To nyxx and the remaining PKs reading this i wish you all the best of luck in RL and have a great life. I hope to see you in later worlds if you do decided to join. :icon_smile: if you dont we all understand RL comes first. As many of us are addicted to this game we will all return at one point to see if it was a good choice to leave this game. I know i did and i am glad to coplay with a friend now.

As i always say the greatness most end at one point and i am looking forward to new worlds with all of you and hoping to face most of you that i did not face when i played :)

Good luck to all of you and have a great life those that decide to leave and those that decide to start over best of luck.

Long live TSE and W5