Camps?

DeletedUser

How helpful are they.

Anyone wanna brag.
I read about skittle camp that was instantly destroyed. But are they helpful?

DeletedUser

No they only hurt your tribe, avoid them like the plague.

DeletedUser

No they only hurt your tribe, avoid them like the plague.

Wish to clarify your reasoning for this?

As I haven't experienced them yet, I can't really say if they are helpful or not. However, the idea of having troops close to your enemy does sound appealing. The pitfall, of course, is the cost and the fact that troops in a camp don't fight behind a wall.

However, the cost is likely to be offset by a tribe's inactives, so not as many active players have to sacrifice coins to them.

DeletedUser

They are just bad, to be avoided at all costs.

So many dangerous things happen at camps. Murders, Bear Attacks, Snake Attacks, Spider Attacks and of course there are no toilets or internet.

Camping is just bad. Enough clarification?

DeletedUser

They are just bad, to be avoided at all costs.

So many dangerous things happen at camps. Murders, Bear Attacks, Snake Attacks, Spider Attacks and of course there are no toilets or internet.

Camping is just bad. Enough clarification?

Yes. That is enough. Apparently you have no idea why they are bad. Thanks for sharing. :icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser

If you could not tell by my sarcastic answer then perhaps you should familiarise yourself with google.

Plus if you use a tiny bit of common sense you would realise that like all things in tribal wars it is both good and bad. Yes, I said everything in tribal wars is good and bad. Like sweet and sour lollies. But with villages instead.

A good point.

They hold up to 20 armies and if strategically placed can win you wars.

A bad point

They have no wall and if there one purely of nukes it will die pretty quickly.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I haven't experienced them but from what i have read about them, makes me believe that they are one of the best improvements in TW.

They can be used the following ways.

A) Long distance noble.

This is a perfect way to noble behind enemies lines.

You can do it two ways.

1 The conventional way.

The army limits on our world for army camps is 20. You send 2 trains of 5 noble and 10 full nukes or 3 trains of 4 nobles and 8 full nukes. you then have the possibility of nobeling 2 or 3 villages.

Pros:

you can do a long distance noble without the enemy having a huge time to stack his villages.
one person is in charge of 20 armies and so making it alot more easy to coordinate attacks.

Cons

you need a good coordination so that all armies will arrive in the camp within several minutes of each other
the person in charge of the camp needs to be active when the troops arrive
if someone sends even one army too early you can have your camp wiped out and thus all the troops that meant to arrive into the camp will just go back making very long useless march.

2 Noblemen camp

What you do is send 4 trains of 5 noble or 5 trains of 4 noble to the army camp. in the same time you send lots of long distance fakes and nukes at the enemies villages close to the camp. if you time it perfectly, so that the trains from the camp arrive exactly after the nukes hit, you will get up to 4 or 5 villages .

Pros

you can conquer 4 or 5 villages without the enemy knowing what villages will be hit and what not.
one person coordinaties 4 or 5 trains by himself

Cons

Your tribe needs perfect coordination so that not only nobles arrive on the same time but also they hit enemy villages exactly after the nukes land.
the one in charge needs to be active when armies arrive.
if someone sent an army to early he can screw up the entire operation.

B) Support camp

The main idea is to stack the camp with full def armies and to be able to quickly send massive support to the villages that need it.

Once again there is two ways you can do this.

1 Border support

Instead of sending support from one part of your tribes territory to another, you send them to the camp. And when they arrive the person in charge of the camp can then send them to where they are most needed.

Pros

The person in charge of the camp can send a more timed support
If you send support to a village and that village gets nobled then you will just be supporting your enemy, with a camp a long distance support can be better used.

Cons

While they are in the camp armies dont receive any def bonuses, so they will be defending the camp only at their original def value
You willl need good coordination so that the def armies in the camp should be used to the at most of their ability.

2 Support for the newly nobled targets

this method implies sending a well timed def armies behind enemy lines to support newly conquered villages.

Pros

You support villages that were conquered without enemy knowing about it
The support is faster and more massive then sending it one by one

Cons

You need excelent coordination, so that the support can arrive in the shortest time after a village was conquered
You camp can be attacked and destroyed if you are not fast enough.

Summary

This is the way how i see army camps being used, to use it in other way is in my opinion a waste of gold coins.

All things considered an army camp in hands of active and well coordinated tribe can do a lot of damage both off and def, but in hands of a poorly coordinated tribe it will only speed up their demise.

DeletedUser

If you could not tell by my sarcastic answer then perhaps you should familiarise yourself with google.

Plus if you use a tiny bit of common sense you would realise that like all things in tribal wars it is both good and bad. Yes, I said everything in tribal wars is good and bad. Like sweet and sour lollies. But with villages instead.

A good point.

They hold up to 20 armies and if strategically placed can win you wars.

A bad point

They have no wall and if there one purely of nukes it will die pretty quickly.

For someone who wants another person to think about their sarcasm, you sure didn't pick up on mine. :icon_eek:

And, your answer now differs greatly from your first one.

DeletedUser

One of the biggest advantages in it is on a world where you can only support people outside your tribe.

Building an army camp near targets you are going to noble enables quick support.

If said setting isn't active, really its only beneficial offensively tbh - for a short range strike more than anything else.

DeletedUser

For someone who wants another person to think about their sarcasm, you sure didn't pick up on mine. :icon_eek:

And, your answer now differs greatly from your first one.

And who are you?

DeletedUser

One of the biggest advantages in it is on a world where you can only support people outside your tribe.

Building an army camp near targets you are going to noble enables quick support.

If said setting isn't active, really its only beneficial offensively tbh - for a short range strike more than anything else.

you surely meant that it is very useful on world where you can only suport people IN your tribe

DeletedUser

I am me. Who are you?[/sarcasm] :icon_rolleyes:

I'm a beacon of light in a city of darkness. When chaos and disorder rule the world. I work at night against the evil forces. I am a symbol fighting for thew greater good. I'm the hero this world needs.

Suggestion: Get a sarcasm sign.

I prefer to use this one, though it does not apply to this post.

[spoil]
sarcasm.jpg
[/spoil]

or

[spoil]
SarcasmSign.jpg
[/spoil]

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I'm a beacon of light in a city of darkness. When chaos and disorder rule the world. I work at night against the evil forces. I am a symbol fighting for thew greater good. I'm the hero this world needs.

*Is reminded of the Three Amigos*

Just watch out for those infamous people, since they are more famous than famous. :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

*Is reminded of the Three Amigos*

Just watch out for those infamous people, since they are more famous than famous. :icon_wink:

Haha, I was actually hoping you would ask who I was so I could post that.

Three Amigos is awesome!