Can we finish this?

DeletedUser25470

It's easy to have purpose, just attack something. Challenge yourself. Do something exciting. I don't think sitting about being half active is a good way of doing it. How about we shorten your categories: All the people who a mooching around can delete. Then everyone else can get on with playing the game they enjoy. Also yay good to have a huw back on the forums.

DeletedUser

Well... that's what I asked 2 weeks ago in my own tribe. The people who just stay in the game doing nothing should delete. That will help more the active ones. But this is not the main problem of this game.

I hope you realize that even in most optimistic and easy wars your tribe had... I don't think the tribe took 2000 villages in one month from the enemy. But let's assume that you took 2829 (the number your tribe nobled last month) in one month and the enemy is taking nothing. In how many years do you think you'll finish the top 5 tribes without some hugs?:)
Now... make calculation again considering that the tribe you attack is taking non-stop villages from inactive people, small tribes, barbs. Also take into calculation long-range wars. You have a large border now with your enemies...

My solution is somehow peaceful but implies a war between people like you and people like me.

If players can't see that as doable in the next future, then we need some changes anyway.
Removing barbs from the map, lowering time for sat accounts. These are good options for all players. Continuing the game as before take us nowhere.

Game creators assumed that will be 50000 players all the time, they were wrong. The problem is they did not changed anything. When you lose players from 50000 to 400... not on a single server but on more than 20, the game has a problem, it's obvious... can't be that hard for people to realize that.

I asked for solutions... attacking like mad ex-allies or friends is just stupid and childish.

lt181

Well... that's what I asked 2 weeks ago in my own tribe. The people who just stay in the game doing nothing should delete. That will help more the active ones. But this is not the main problem of this game.

I hope you realize that even in most optimistic and easy wars your tribe had... I don't think the tribe took 2000 villages in one month from the enemy. But let's assume that you took 2829 (the number your tribe nobled last month) in one month and the enemy is taking nothing. In how many years do you think you'll finish the top 5 tribes without some hugs?:)
Now... make calculation again considering that the tribe you attack is taking non-stop villages from inactive people, small tribes, barbs. Also take into calculation long-range wars. You have a large border now with your enemies...

1. My solution is somehow peaceful but implies a war between people like you and people like me.

2. If players can't see that as doable in the next future, then we need some changes anyway.
Removing barbs from the map, lowering time for sat accounts. These are good options for all players. Continuing the game as before take us nowhere.

3. Game creators assumed that will be 50000 players all the time, they were wrong. The problem is they did not changed anything. When you lose players from 50000 to 400... not on a single server but on more than 20, the game has a problem, it's obvious... can't be that hard for people to realize that.

4. I asked for solutions... attacking like mad ex-allies or friends is just stupid and childish.

Point by point:

1. You do understand that your solution doesn't address the problem right? Reorganizing people whatever tribe they are in to a bigger (member wise) tribe doesn't even address the issue. And it doesn't matter if you are organizing members based on whether they want to write their names on the Tribalwars wooden door, or whether they like vanilla or chocolate ice cream. Your end result will still be groups of people that are not in the same tribe, that will need to fight a battle that is not unlike the one you have commented on earlier in your post. So, what's the point?

2. Changing fundamental aspects of the game, such as removing barbs, is not a power that TW grants to players. So, again, why even bother asking about it? It's not going to happen.

3. I don't think the game creators were obtuse to the fact that people would leave as the game grew older. This world is, what, 4 years old? That's pretty old. It's bound to change.

4. Attacking former allies is childish? We must play different games. If you stay in your tribe long enough, your current allies will become your former allies and current enemies. I've extensive experience both here, and on different worlds, and I've never seen a tribe that hasn't found a reason to war a neighbor when it suited them. Randomly pick a different world forum. Go ahead. I'll bet you can find a post on there about someone backstabbing someone. Further, and I hate to bring this up, but YOU FORMED YOUR CURRENT TRIBE TO ATTACK YOUR FORMER TRIBE. So, like, huh?

flpt

Just disband Kw lol you are bored because you are losing and your tribe doesn´t do a thing xD

DeletedUser

1. the answer here is complex and I think I explained well enough in the first post why I make that choice (mainly because game creators came with nothing to repair their game). My solution will not repair the game, of course, but will end it faster (1-2 years faster).

2. If players are united and ask for changes, they will listen(they changed price for noblemen, they can make many others changes). If I'm talking alone or maybe sustained by 1-2 members they will just ignore the problem.

3. I'm sure that they didn't expected to have only 300-400 players on some servers. Now... of course they expect world 46 to have 400 players only, in 2 years :D, but at the launch of W1-W4... they didn't. They just prefer to launch new servers...

4. I'm a bit lost here... we formed KW to attack who? (my history is quite short... in words, but long in time... started in a pre-made tribe... Stache, got kicked for inactivity, joined BoB after STACHE deletion, fighted SIN in the same time HIRE did, merged with A~Sin=KW (like HIRE did) and after that stayed loyal to Sin. I did not attacked BoB or any ex-tribe/allied I had, just nobling inactive players from those tribes in the worst case. Or did I...? I'm confused now...)

DeletedUser

Hire individuals seems confident :D

yeah we are:d

about your idea, i'd suggest 1/4th priced nobles, this way we'd noble our enemies faster.
and we still got some people to rim before we get a view at the end of the world

DeletedUser

Just disband Kw lol you are bored because you are losing and your tribe doesn´t do a thing xD

You may have not realized but Cracu was one of the few active/best player in KW. Along with maybe mmcguire, but he could have given me a harder beating if he was more nearer to me. Not sure about some other players such as Manoka, never faced him, but some say he's good, some say he's bad at time frame. Who knows.

Xangyia

DeletedUser

This post got me thinking and I believe there is something to the thought of reducing the number of barb villages. I realize that this change would require some program changes and could not happen over night.

TW allows barbs to grow on some worlds to help the initial build of the world. Why couldn't the opposite be true once a world reach's 100% cap and have barbs be slowly destroyed. A loss of 5 - 10 % of the villages’ size could occur weekly. In my opinion this is realistic as an unowned home will not be properly maintained and possibly vandalized over time.

Barb's would still be available to those who enjoy that style of play, but they would need to move quicker to avoid costly and time consuming repairs. The number of built out villages would decrease over time and promote real fighting which in turn would keep interest in the world alive longer.

TW has shown in the past that they are willing to make changes to an existing world to improve game play as long as there is a significant percent of that worlds players voting in favor of the change.

Just my 2 cents....

Mick876

If you want the world to end, please please just delete, so the active ones can target the ones left. If you want it to end then obviously you do not like this world, so gtfo it and stfu.

DeletedUser

I'm looking at this from a Business Point and well for InnoGames I think the smaller world are better for them then new worlds Why?

1) On a new World due to everyone having 1 or 2 villages less people will see the need to buy Premium which means less revenue. However on older worlds like 1 - 4 and 6 more people have premium accounts as its a must have.

2) A New world had higher costs as with more people playing the world uses up more space and bandwidth on a sever compared to a world with 500 players. So the smaller the world the less costs

I think this idea is flawed and overall RAT will not support it as we want more wars and fun then tribal hugs

Cav

DeletedUser

2) A New world had higher costs as with more people playing the world uses up more space and bandwidth on a sever compared to a world with 500 players. So the smaller the world the less costs

Not really, the space is mainly taken up by village data, on world 6 theres 330,000 villages+, thats 330,000 database entries including village name, troop counts and building levels.

DeletedUser

If I tell you that I liturally yawned whilest reading this, Will you understand how I feel about this tribe hugging idea?

DeletedUser

We are a little far from what I started here and obviously some of the readers are too obsessed of "HUG" term. I'm sure that hugging a bit and splitting world in 2 sides with large borders and very clear objectives will bring a bigger war compared to what you have NOW. You call Hire vs ~Or.D~ a war? I mean... a good war? Maybe HIRE will say yes, but from outside, looking at stats... it's active vs inactive.
FEAR vs KW is somehow slow and most probably will be slower, at least from our side, we have not enough active members and those who are active, are far from the border.

Do you know any other BIG war? I mean a war between 2 good tribes that are both active and powerful? Can you name a single war in last year?

Now... as this thread evolved I added some ideas, that excluded any HUGs or arranged wars or whatever. It seems that people go crazy when they see "HUG" word and ignore everything else :)
We have to get rid of those floating inactive players, oceans of BARBS and also SAT accounts.

Try to imagine a world without inactive people, without barbs. All those noblemen should go against active people... so you'll have your WARS.

DeletedUser

I mean, it came be done but it would take another year for that to be seriously accomplished in my prediction. Eating barbs and inactives means, everyone has to be motivated to do it. But the question is, who is motivated? Another question is, how many are actually really reading this thread? It's taking my guys more than a 4!! months, just to eat rude dog and their still not done..... If they can't even accomplish the simple stuff, how can they accomplish bigger tasks?

DeletedUser

this is an interesting topic, i was in world 6 until 1.3 million points, where it got boring :p, yes that early... i can imagine your frustration... but your saying the game is badly planned? tell us, what is your expectation of a perfect world?