Can we liven the Forums for NOOBS?

Kanade24

anime-punch-gif-12.gif

DeletedUser

That song may well be the best thing that has ever come out of the W93 forums.

DeletedUser

Do think the whole BGR for master commander is silly. IMO, given what I know about W93, if you are a commander yet you aren't winning W93, you don't deserve to be nominated. I think morale boosting and being a nice dude alone doesn't make you Sun Tsu.

Fleezus Clyde

Forum Personality 2017
Reaction score
I know what these forums need, an internals watch and a domination countdown! I really enjoyed reading when regime did those.

I'm pretty sure I already made one of those :p but you are kinda right haha - although I think dominance is important to track .... just internals are overkill :D

DeletedUser121537

I think morale boosting and being a nice dude alone doesn't make you Sun Tsu.

I think mass-recruiting and threatening to internal anyone who doesn't do exactly what you want doesn't make you Sun Tzu either.

(Obviously what I hear might not accurately reflect what Solo is like, just like "being a nice dude" covers only a fraction of what BGR does for Noobs. For all I know Solo spends his weekdays curing cancer and his weekends saving puppies...)

The only criterion I can apply to master commander is this: knowing what I know now, would I follow this player into battle again? For most of the players in Noobs, the answer is a strong yes on BGR, and at best a "no idea" on Solo.

That's why the votes are likely to follow tribal allegiance, making the whole award a bit silly.

DeletedUser

I didn't say that Solo- necessarily should get it either, only that the prerequisite should at least be winning the world. It is not just about W93 afterall. I suppose it is somewhat because I have a reasonable enough idea of the capabilities of Screw, that I question the abilities of BGR and wonder whether someone else in his position would do better. I really hope he does prove me wrong.

Yes, the award is a bit silly though and ultimately means nothing, win or lose so vote as you wish.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser117267

Its not hard to be unbiased when writing reviews of people. As far as OTD goes, there is a reason why i came to play W93 with him having played against him on another world and that is, regardless of how he talks to people, he can actually play the game. Do I think if he left to play an account in noobs they could have a resurgence, yes i think they could. Does he think the same of me, pretty sure he would say yes. You can be a nice guy, sit numerous accounts etc but there is a lot missing from BGRs game before I will give him any respect for being a good player or leader. Just go look at 74 if you want my own personal experience on that.

All in all, rumfast, super and birds. Only 3 players i have come up against who have shown they can do anything other than stack and cross their fingers. Remember, it is not hard to hide behind stacks. To be classed as good you need to be holding onto those villas that are constantly being leaked once a village is cleared. I certainly wouldnt allow that to happen on my own account.

And as for the capabilities of players in screw and expecting that BGR could do better, think its just turned into end world. People lost interest because there is no real fight from noobs, when that was lost then you look for the internal rank fights but those are also non existent.

OTDDeathAwaits

I think mass-recruiting and threatening to internal anyone who doesn't do exactly what you want doesn't make you Sun Tzu either.
rs_330x373-160927121901-deb-10.gif

Who are you referring to? How many people have NOOBS kicked and internalled and given no explanation to? Anyone I internalled knew why and had forewarning and it didnt matter how big or small they were, you guys just pick people off for a bit of food to munch on.

FACT CHECK:
NOOBS tribe changes = 303
??? tribe changes = 432
(there were others too but meh whatever these 2 tribes alone prove my point)

SCREW tribe changes = 303

DeletedUser121537

From what I hear, Solo not only tells people to participate, but tells them how, when, etc., and that failure to comply with all these requirements will result in being internalled. Inactives get internalled in Noobs too, but people don't get told how to play and don't get bullied into submission.

As for your 'facts', tribe changes don't mean much if many accounts in the tribe are simply a revolving door of ever-changing account owners.

Heck, all this might get you the world win eventually...I simply have a hard time finding it inspirational or awe-inspiring ;)

As I said above, I have no way to determine if what I hear is true. Maybe the 75% of Screw I don't regularly talk to have different experiences and couldn't be happier. I do find one thing intriguing though: your response included a gif, a strawman argument, non-relevant facts...but no denial.

Mintyfresh

Skilled Soldier 18 & Master Commander 21 & 22
Reaction score
rs_330x373-160927121901-deb-10.gif

Who are you referring to? How many people have NOOBS kicked and internalled and given no explanation to? Anyone I internalled knew why and had forewarning and it didnt matter how big or small they were, you guys just pick people off for a bit of food to munch on.

FACT CHECK:
NOOBS tribe changes = 303
??? tribe changes = 432
(there were others too but meh whatever these 2 tribes alone prove my point)

SCREW tribe changes = 303

303 tribe changes in 7 months is pretty extreme though

DeletedUser121537

303 tribe changes in 7 months is pretty extreme though

Agreed, especially since the member cap isn't extremely high and the world is only 16 Ks large. I was kinda surprised to see both Screw and Noobs score that high.

Do you think this says something about W93 as a whole?

(My last world was 5 years ago, so I can't really judge if this is simply what TW is like these days...)

OTDDeathAwaits

From what I hear, Solo not only tells people to participate, but tells them how, when, etc., and that failure to comply with all these requirements will result in being internalled. Inactives get internalled in Noobs too, but people don't get told how to play and don't get bullied into submission.

That isnt realistically possible, unless you mean assigning targets and landtimes in op's? :) Thats how a winning tribe...wins! Its called co-ordinating :D

As for your 'facts', tribe changes don't mean much if many accounts in the tribe are simply a revolving door of ever-changing account owners.

Account owners changing does not contribute to this stat. 1 point for an account recruited and 1 point for an account leaving. Its funny how you put 'facts' in inverted commas when your explanation is incorrect 'fact'.

Heck, all this might get you the world win eventually...I simply have a hard time finding it inspirational or awe-inspiring ;)
I will win. If you are inspired or not is no skin off my nose. I have my own tribe to inspire and motivate without having to do the same for NOOBS.

As I said above, I have no way to determine if what I hear is true. Maybe the 75% of Screw I don't regularly talk to have different experiences and couldn't be happier. I do find one thing intriguing though: your response included a gif, a strawman argument, non-relevant facts...but no denial.

Irony when you call my fact a strawman argument. Go and ask someone who actually knows how TW stats work that you 'speak to regularly' to reconfirm my explanation of the relevant Fact that highlighted your tribe has gone through at least twice as many people as SCREW - still between your two tribes have a combined total of 77 members (compared to our 46) on top of those numbers I posted previously. So mass recruitment, take a look at your own tribes inner working before tossing accusations.

Mintyfresh

Skilled Soldier 18 & Master Commander 21 & 22
Reaction score
Agreed, especially since the member cap isn't extremely high and the world is only 16 Ks large. I was kinda surprised to see both Screw and Noobs score that high.

Do you think this says something about W93 as a whole?

(My last world was 5 years ago, so I can't really judge if this is simply what TW is like these days...)

Somewhat

http://www.twstats.com/en88/index.php?page=tribe&id=4709 - #1 tribe 65 + 110 changes from a disbanded previous tribe
http://www.twstats.com/en89/index.php?page=tribe&id=2637 - #1 tribe 368 changes, interestingly enough it has very similar if not identical settings to w93 so could be something related to that?
http://www.twstats.com/en90/index.php?page=tribe&id=157 - #1 tribe 161 changes
http://www.twstats.com/en91/index.php?page=tribe&id=60 - #1 tribe 180 changes
http://www.twstats.com/en92/index.php?page=tribe&id=182 - #1 tribe 304 changes
http://www.twstats.com/en94/index.php?page=tribe&id=3107 - #1 tribe 60 changes
http://www.twstats.com/en95/index.php?page=tribe&id=1884 - #1 tribe 31 changes, none of the top 3 have more than 100 changes

DeletedUser121537

Account owners changing does not contribute to this stat. 1 point for an account recruited and 1 point for an account leaving.

Which was exactly my point. This stat means nothing since it does not take account ownership changes into account. Given that you understand how the stat works and how little it means, there really is no valid reason for you to use it.

I will win. If you are inspired or not is no skin off my nose.

Clearly it is, given how bent out of shape you are about this. Also, don't you mean "We will win"? ;)