canthandlethat

DeletedUser

tbf the dude does sound alot like Nest. Not saying he is Nest, but until he stops hiding under an alias like a pleb, it's completely fair game to highlight the uncanny similarities between that dude and Nest.

THE MURPH ALL CAPS

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
From stalking those forums at the time, I'm sure I remember TEA being the OP tribe that was taking everything out, and BIP being the underdogs, so if anything OBEY = TEA? And you were the bloody duke with TREX and I didn't see you complaining there

We were kinda OP but the issue is we smashed every tribe including WET and all the other top tribes fairly simultaneously.

If TEA was on this world it’d be close and I think it could go either way but this world is lacking top tier competition. Besides Obey in my opinion are probably stronger than BiP and there’s less competition.

The issue TEA had was it was fighting two very competitive tribes who were able to stall TEA the whole world. Obey doesn’t have that here and everyone is afraid of them.

DeletedUser117534

Again i'm not nest, i just don't want to trigger someone into looking negatively at my account for criticising his tribe, reason why i'm using an alias is because i've had this happen in the past.

CantHandleThat stop pretending you're not me :D

But to be serious, Al is having some fun and you took his bait, why would you even bother arguing with him about this. Keep up the good work and post more good stuff as we all love it. I don't have any time and won't be doing any analysis this year.

Last edited by a moderator:

richiefingers

Murph if you hate obey so much and find this world so boring why do you care so much ? why not leave and join another world?
Or why don't you try to get everyone organised here and fight them no one is invincible and if enough pressure is applied they could crack.
If they don't and they win then they have earned it.
Everyone will have a better game experience even the losers.

One Last Ride

Skilled Soldier 2017
Reaction score
From stalking those forums at the time, I'm sure I remember TEA being the OP tribe that was taking everything out, and BIP being the underdogs, so if anything OBEY = TEA? And you were the bloody duke with TREX and I didn't see you complaining there
TEA was carried by a select handful who were the only ones who would cap in OPs and take sits ect... Unless Obey has a core of players 5-10 deep then sure Obey = TEA. However the fact that Obey is made up of many players that were in Infamy and BiP I would not call Obey, TEA. GG W90 winners another merge to win to beat the power couple of Jake and TreX. (clap) Oh and a (clap) for you too Jasper... Who could forget about that glorious maneuvering called Aligned Movement...

DeletedUser

woah woah woah. I dont like Obey just like your crew doesnt. but Aligned Movement was great. You kinda just sound sad now. sorry things didnt work out for you that world, but move on mate.

Apathetic h0llygh0st

Consumer of Beverages
Reaction score
TEA was carried by a select handful who were the only ones who would cap in OPs and take sits ect... Unless Obey has a core of players 5-10 deep then sure Obey = TEA. However the fact that Obey is made up of many players that were in Infamy and BiP I would not call Obey, TEA. GG W90 winners another merge to win to beat the power couple of Jake and TreX. (clap) Oh and a (clap) for you too Jasper... Who could forget about that glorious maneuvering called Aligned Movement...

Clap to you as well for managing to always perform well on the War aspect of TribalWars Trex :)

DeletedUser117803

woah woah woah. I dont like Obey just like your crew doesnt.

Serious question, asking for a serious answer:

Just why does everyone seem to hate OBEY so much?
I get it if some of you have past relationships, past vendettas, past disappointments, past betrayals, but some of us in OBEY have never met most of you who are feeling no love for us.

Makes me sad. :(

DeletedUser92554

I get it if some of you have past relationships, past vendettas, past disappointments, past betrayals, but some of us in OBEY have never met most of you who are feeling no love for us.

Many don't like them because they are so overpowered (so to speak) for this world.

They're a pre-made of players many of which have won a world (or several), many accounts are coplayed, with some having 3-5 co-players (meaning the average solo TW player just can't compete on any level), some players who use a lot of PP (regardless of if they got it farming or buying, PP use is looked down on by most players) to outgrow the competition. All are perfectly legal things for sure.

This world is a lot like putting a professional sports team up against a college sports team and everyone pretending that the college team has a chance. Sure, the college team has a few good players that are (or will be) professional level athletes, but the team as a whole is made of many people who are not top tier skill wise. You could even get enough players from different college teams together to make a professional level team, but that requires getting all of them together. In this world, many of them are just too spread out to all join (if you could even get all of them working together) and fight OBEY.

OBEY and the players in it are good- there's no doubt about that. But you're asking all the people who are getting crushed by you how they feel about you. They feel like they have no chance and that they are so outmatched it's not even close. Of course they're not going to like it. The people who play this game like close competition (for the most part). The most fun I've ever had was when I got nobled out of W22. I killed several million incoming troops from tens of thousands of attacks and fought like hell against some really good players for quite a while defending villages, renobling, sniping, back timing, and every other trick in the book. I knew I'd probably lose as my tribe was having troubles of its own, but I had a chance and was able to survive for a long time against the tribe that ended up winning that world. That was fun. There's no chance of repeating that in this world- many of the players in OBEY have enough skill and troops that they could probably take me out in one go regardless of moral.

No hate for you guys from me, but despite a few people saying "OBEY can still be beaten, you never know what can happen," the only way OBEY will lose is if OBEY chooses to lose it and splits up or something. You're double the #2 tribe and with fewer members and an altogether better line up.

THE MURPH ALL CAPS

Contributing Poster
Reaction score

Oh look, as if Obey didn't have a large enough lead they are being gifted free villages inside Escape. Are you going to declare or continue to be boring?

They also recruited Amigos ftw.

Any tough enemy press that recruit button.

Maybe you should leave Obey if you care so much :)

cfd489964377810d235be89676bfcfc6.png

DeletedUser117803

@ loscaldzar

Many thanks for your considered and thorough explanation.

One of the things I read - and I could be wrong - is resentment. And I can see what you are saying; the sports analogy makes perfect sense.

Personally, I do not think I am one of those "elite." Hell, I am not even a college level player, at least not a Tar Heel level player. I learn every world I play, and I still have massive knowledge gaps. Take a look at the W74 forums to see the results of my first world learning curve. I was roundly humiliated.

And I do take your point: it is hard to grow the player base when less experienced players come up against a seemingly formidable behemoth, apparently ordained to take the win. To that I would only say that the world is still new, and there is a lot of play yet to be done. TEA was looked at as sure winners on W90, but that did not turn out, so who knows what will happen?

To the larger point, I do not know any answers for how to nurture new players to get them to become invested in playing the game. I was invited into the game knowing literally nothing about it. But perhaps it was my ignorance that allowed me to be unaware of all of the obstacles I would face.

Perhaps some worlds should bar pre-mades? But then the old players would likely not play.
Perhaps some worlds should be made for players who have never exceeded 100 villages?
Perhaps some worlds should be made for mentors and mentees?

I have no answers, but I appreciate your thoughtful reply. And I am still trying to sift through what feels like personal animosity. Your post helps me add perspective. Thanks.

THE MURPH ALL CAPS

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
@ loscaldzar

One of the things I read - and I could be wrong - is resentment. And I can see what you are saying; the sports analogy makes perfect sense.

Personally, I do not think I am one of those "elite." Hell, I am not even a college level player, at least not a Tar Heel level player. I learn every world I play, and I still have massive knowledge gaps. Take a look at the W74 forums to see the results of my first world learning curve. I was roundly humiliated.

And I do take your point: it is hard to grow the player base when less experienced players come up against a seemingly formidable behemoth, apparently ordained to take the win. To that I would only say that the world is still new, and there is a lot of play yet to be done. TEA was looked at as sure winners on W90, but that did not turn out, so who knows what will happen?

To the larger point, I do not know any answers for how to nurture new players to get them to become invested in playing the game. I was invited into the game knowing literally nothing about it. But perhaps it was my ignorance that allowed me to be unaware of all of the obstacles I would face.

Perhaps some worlds should bar pre-mades? But then the old players would likely not play.
Perhaps some worlds should be made for players who have never exceeded 100 villages?

I have no answers, but I appreciate your thoughtful reply. And I am still trying to sift through what feels like personal animosity. Your post helps me add perspective. Thanks.

TEA were never looking like sure winners. Not by a long way. Now maybe if you gave the example of WIZARD or some other tribe I might have been inclined to agree.
Can you honestly say you're thoroughly enjoying this world though really? The forms are bleak. In-game is not exciting and the lead is far greater to be compared with TEA.

THE MURPH ALL CAPS

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
@ loscaldzar

#Reason48 getting VAPE to hit DS as Obey couldn't make any ground....