Championing new players/tribes

DeletedUser

Hi guys, Im relatively new to the externals so i'll go ahead and say hi, I'm bobol8888, I wont claim to be a brilliant player but I know my way around the game and had 1 account dipping into rank 10 or so :)

Anyway, the topic

I'v seen lots on the fourms about helping new players learn their craft and hopefully regenerating the dying supply of fresh blood. I though perhaps I would propose the idea of buddying up with a player, or indeed a whole tribe out on the rim and providing advice for them to help them along.

I think, however, it I important not to sugar coat the game or give an unfair advantage, so I propose if you decide to champion the new players that we, as more experienced players stick to a few unofficial rules:

1) We agree not to boost players with resources
2) We agree only to send support if FAR larger players/tribes pick UNESSERILY on our little babies
3) We agree not to clear targets for our 'champions'.

Now many of you may wonder why I propose a hands off approach. the answer is that I feel the game needs mentors to defend against semi-veterans who find it funny to be unnecessarily mean to others and who kill our reputation as a community.

I know this may seem too far, but we must, as experienced players, play a active role in helping future players, so drop some noobies a mail, you may even find it fun ;)

I'd appreciate feedback of any sort
Cheers
Alex

Last edited by a moderator: