Failed Vote Change to Catapult target (Mid-attack)

• Thread starter DeletedUser119731
  • Start date

Do you like this idea?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DeletedUser119731

As the title says.

It's damn aggravating to have attacks going in with your Cats targetting the Wall... only to find the Wall gets knocked down earlier than you were planning for; and you're just killing off troops. I'd like to see a feature where you can change your Catapults target mid-attack. There's enough talk of defenders having too many advantages in TW, and this would be a minor change that would give a slight advantage back to the attacker. From an attackers point of view it allows you to slightly adjust your attacks mid-operation, letting you react to events instead of just being an observer. In my current op, I would be able to switch to HQ which would stop the player building the Wall back up as quickly. And especially satisfying if the target has been blowing PP to get the Wall back up...

Good or bad idea?

The Roman Empire

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
But how are you supposed to give the orders to change this? I mean I understand why you'd want this, but if you can change your catapult target mid OP why can't I cancel my attacks mid OP? :)

streetgutt

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
To be fair its a pretty large difference between changing catapult target and canceling attacks. They are barely comparable with how overpowered attack canceling would be.

seroxy5

Reaction score
How do you propose this to be implemented? If you have 50 (just to not exaggerate) attacks landing the same second, it's not realistic to get a pop up window or something for every attack, asking to switch cat target. My suggestion if this would get implemented would be to add another line when sending the attack where you can choose a secondary catapult target (or priority 2 target) which will be targeted instead, if the primary target is at lvl 0 when attack arrives.

However, I will vote no on this idea because I think it takes away some of the reward of having experience to be able to know what to target with your catapults at what time. It's more skill to leave this idea out and it is less confusing/one less thing to keep in mind for new players trying to learn the game :)

Shinko to Kuma

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
I don't think this is a good idea at all. It will make fangs even more powerfull than they already are to break an accounts backline.

DeletedUser119731

Well, all good and valid points. That's why I wanted it put to a vote....! I'm obviously in favour of the change for my own reasons as outlined, but if the consensus is different then that's fine.

SergeantCrunsh

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
I don't think this is a good idea at all. It will make fangs even more powerfull than they already are to break an accounts backline.

smartest post on the thread, this is a huge stealth buff to catting.

oh did i see a report of a tribemate hitting your farm to 5? well now I can change my target to hq since I dont wanna hit your farm again.

100% veto 100% broken