Change to HP & Classic - Feedback

JawJaw

Awesomest CM Ever
Reaction score
Please post it here.

Full announcement:

Deleted User - 10770065

So basically HP is now p2w and "Classic" is the old HP.

Also, @JawJaw will this "multi village" start mentioned before be on the HP or Classic or both?

Last edited by a moderator:

Arcward

Master Commander 2019
Reaction score
I believe I understand the intent, but could this not have been solved with just a release of one "normally" planned world as a faster/doubled speed like HP - 4.0 or 5.0 if you want a quicker PP-oriented server?

Personally, I would rather see these "inter-market Championships" occur on the Classic servers. As this would truly be the test of game skill without supplement of PP, surely it makes sense to market this title as the world to compete for. Else this just caters to the lower level HP players finally being able to compete for victory by spending.

In current state, I only see this splitting the HP community between HP and Classic servers, missing the intended mark.

Aretas

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Seems like the desired goal here is to kill off HP (I guess now called classic) and replace it with a similar version that allows pp abuse.Yes I know you will have both, but do we really believe that current HP worlds have enough people to split between 2 worlds at a time? No. In reality it will just kill off HP worlds so that inno can say in a couple worlds that they won't be doing HP anymore due to a lack of world size, and now they won't have to do pp less worlds and be able to make more money off the few of us left. How sad. HP worlds were already quite small, when compared to normal world sizes, and this just looks like it will split up the small HP community over 2 worlds instead of 1 world. If you want to have faster speed pp worlds, why can't this be done occasionally for "normal" worlds, and just have it be a part of the world settings that differ every new world? Seems more like that the goal here is to slowly kill off the last worlds that tw has that are not p2w with premium abuse. Won't p2w tactics be even worse and more unbalanced over a faster world? Honestly a fast paced world (speed 4-5) with pp doesn't sound all that fun as big spenders will just jump out to an outrageous head start, on a small world, and likely not even have to work for a win. Lastly why would we want to have "championships" on a server were pp abuse is possible? isn't the point of a championship to crown someone champion or the best? And can we really say people are the best simply because they can abuse pp. People will likely just mass save up pp for at least the first of these so called "championships" and make the whole thing a joke with the amount of pp they spend to get a head start, and then we will be forced to somehow call them good? In this case it seems to be were HP (high performance) will really just be longer speed worlds with little to no advanced skills needed. And that the new classic will actually be the "high performance" server.

JawJaw

Awesomest CM Ever
Reaction score
Also, @JawJaw will this "multi village" start mentioned before be on the HP or Classic or both?
It could be done on on both. Both of them will get the more exceptional settings, the only difference being that HP will also have the new features (so things such as WT can be expected). In reality, HP will just be a fast regular world, but with a few combinations we wouldn't usually run on a regular world.

Personally, I would rather see these "inter-market Championships" occur on the Classic servers. As this would truly be the test of game skill without supplement of PP, surely it makes sense to market this title as the world to compete for. Else this just caters to the lower level HP players finally being able to compete for victory by spending.

This is something we can consider indeed when these championships come up. For now, it's not scheduled for before June. Which world exactly we will be using for it will depend on which of the two is available, but will likely be more 'classic'-like, and not have all the premium features. For now I have placed them under HP, as Classic will (to my expectation) run more often and longer than HP (so I expect the HP world to be more available for this, but it doesn't mean that it would have non-classic settings).

It might have been explained/understood incorrectly in the announcement, but the championships are entirely separate from the 'usual' HP settings with premium. It is just the world we would use for it. Noting, settings and premium features are set up on a per round basis, it is not related to the 'enc2' or 'enc1'. If we run a championship, we still have full choice on which settings and features to enable, regardless of on which world it will run on.

All in all, the High performance as you know it is unchanged besides a name change to 'Classic'. The only real 'change' here is that those do want 'regular' worlds at a higher pace (and yes, they exist), now have the possibility to. This is from a technical point of view not possible to do on regular worlds (such as en113/114), because of how we organize worlds internally. If we want to do this, it needs to be on a enc world. This is the only way we can arrange this kind of settings for our community.

Last edited:

Aretas

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
All in all, the High performance as you know it is unchanged besides a name change to 'Classic'

Don't really see how you can believe this is true, unless perhaps inno just hasn't thought through yet another game update. Unless inno plans to break from their norm and actually do some decent marketing to gain new players, then the player pool for tw is pretty much a very limited resource. With the introduction of a new "HP" there will now be 3 world "servers" for this limited player base to be stretched over instead of the previous 2. HP (classic) is already small worlds and is now going to lose players to the new HP server, as you will be splitting the people who want to play faster paced worlds over 2 worlds now instead of just the 1 world. And someone can tell me if I'm wrong, but HP worlds are already much smaller then normal ones, and realistically probably can't afford to get much smaller as is, without significantly changing game play and the overall experience of playing a "full" world. If the real goal here was to offer a faster paced world with "newer" settings, then why not have the occasional HP world have new settings? Or why not have the new HP still be a "no premium exchange" world, as HP has always been?, since its is supposed to be "high performance". Its pretty obvious thus that inno really just wants to start making fast paced worlds additionally p2w, as they have done with regular worlds, and is only further trying to push out any worlds they have to put on that do not have p2w features so they can try and squeeze more money from their decreasing player base. This will also have a negative affect on the current normal worlds, as they will likely also see a decrease in player base as people from "normal" worlds join this new HP. This will be the pp whales that are absent in current HP worlds do to not being able to use pp to get a head start. Wasn't the whole point of the closure of multiple regional markets and merging them into the .net server to try and increase and save a rapidly dying tw community, to try and counter the smaller world sizes of recent times. This seems like it will only further shrink all world sizes as the stagnant player base is stretched over 3 world avenues instead of the previous 2, hurting the play and enjoyability of all current worlds.

Finally it doesn't really make sense how you can't have a faster paced world be a normal one, such as en113/114, as stated above, when world speed is a normal setting that is often changed for every new world. There is plenty of past worlds that have been speed 1 or speed 2 for instance, and they seem to have been organized internally just fine, as this is still pretty common practice for worlds to have different speeds. Thus if you can have normal worlds with differing speeds between 1-2, how would changing that world speed to 4-5 be any different for organization?

JawJaw

Awesomest CM Ever
Reaction score
I know it is true as it is my own creation, not higher ups' in the company. So, I appreciate your feedback, but not everything that happens is a bad thing ;)
I am simply trying, without other intentions, to accommodate the players that find regular worlds too boring, but are not interested in Classics without premium features. I only wish to give all the players a possibility to play a variety of worlds.

Besides this, it has proven to have very little impact on player bases (across classics and regular worlds), as the only players joining Classic worlds, are the players that specifically want no premium. They don't 'accidentally' join a world like HP.

I really believe you are 'overthinking' a new world type too much and are exaggerating the effect it will have. It is not too uncommon for people to panic about changes, but I ask you to wait it out and see what happens. Besides, the only way 'we' profit of a world is if there are a lot of players on them. Not in total, but individual worlds, so there's no reason for us to 'spread' players even more. The fact is that there simply are 2 types of players within the community - premium lovers and premium haters. Only of of them had HP possibilities, the other only has regular worlds.

Those premium lovers are not ever ever ever going to play a classic without PP, so them switching to our new HP won't have any impact on your classic.

Mr.Paratoner

Reaction score
I would rather slow non-pp world like w100 :p

because of administrator problem we cant play classic world in tr sadly
after last classic they arent listening anyone because they made a lot of mistakes in there

superguy123

When do you expect to have new classic modes up and running?

JawJaw

Awesomest CM Ever
Reaction score
All,

Please be aware that for practical reasons (in regards to PP-events) we have switched the world codes (Classic will be ENC1 and HP on ENC2). I updated the announcement to reflect this.

Kind regards,
JJ