Change to the Premium Market

Do you like this idea?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ALessonInPointWhoring

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
This is not me complaining about the existence of the premium market or anything of that sort. I simply want to make it fairer for everyone that wishes to buy resources via premium. I believe this will actually increase the game's profitability, not decrease it.

As is, you often have 1-2 accounts per continent that camp the premium market page often either with it open on a monitor of its own constantly reloading, or even sometimes with a bot auto-purchasing resources as they become available.

This needs to change in my opinion. Detecting a bot is difficult, making a bot ineffective is not.

I propose that there is a lengthy cooldown timer of sorts added so that once you buy more than a certain amount of resources in a given time period you are unable to buy any more resources without waiting a lengthy amount of time for them to sit in the exchange without someone else buying them.

By lengthy I mean, a few minutes, not hours or days - this would not negatively affect someone who was the only one interested in buying resources, it would merely give more people an even shot at buying an even distribution of the resources being sold. It would also help prevent scenarios where people have a bunch of their friends tell them beforehand when they are about to sell resources so that they can be the first to buy it every time.

The results of this would be more competitive worlds where a few accounts didn't get massive runaway leads at startup when the market is empty 99%+ of the time, which would lead to worlds lasting longer, more people purchasing resources, and overall a greater experience for the players as well as what I believe would be a more profitable game that sells more premium overall.

DeletedUser120876

My vote is no: Like thath if you want to buy large amounts of PPs you will get banned for some minuts? At the world starts just be always in market and check for buy. Nothing more.

ALessonInPointWhoring

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
My vote is no: Like thath if you want to buy large amounts of PPs you will get banned for some minuts? At the world starts just be always in market and check for buy. Nothing more.

No one said anything about banned, just unable to buy for a few minutes. you shouldn't need to constantly have the market page be open and be watching it in order to have a chance to buy resources. Especially not when people currently do bot it so that they automatically buy res the moment it becomes available.

There'd be no need for this to be implemented past startup, but at startup it'd make the game far fairer. I'd make it only be active if the market in the continent in question had had its premium market emptied recently.

Alternatively, I'd like to see it work like preorders where you can join a queue to buy res when it becomes available when the market is empty and as res is sold it automatically goes to whoever is at the front of the queue. You can join the queue as many times as you like, but every time you get 1000 res you get relegated to the back of the queue.

Last edited:

twenty-five

This problem is much better solved by requiring buying resources to use merchants.

ALessonInPointWhoring

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
This problem is much better solved by requiring buying resources to use merchants.

Eh, I don't think so, then people would just rush market to higher levels and continue purchasing all the res that becomes available. A level 20 market can buy 110,000 res at once. That's more than gets sold in entire days early on in most continents, especially on the smaller national servers.

DeletedUser120876

Eh, I don't think so, then people would just rush market to higher levels and continue purchasing all the res that becomes available. A level 20 market can buy 110,000 res at once. That's more than gets sold in entire days early on in most continents, especially on the smaller national servers.
and why should imnogames do thath? these will just mean less PP for them, they want to put things easy for a normal user to spend PPs at the start of the post the OP says thath what he wants was to dont reduce the PP use, well, with these you will for sure get thath.

ALessonInPointWhoring

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
and why should imnogames do thath? these will just mean less PP for them, they want to put things easy for a normal user to spend PPs at the start of the post the OP says thath what he wants was to dont reduce the PP use, well, with these you will for sure get thath.

I didn't suggest they should do that. Tom did. I said it was a bad solution.

twenty-five

If it's more than gets sold in a day, how are they building that level 20 market with any haste? Those things are pretty expensive early on.

I also never said it needs to be a merchant per 1000 resources bought. That's not how the market works right now, so I'm not sure where you drew that from. It's based on what you are transporting, not receiving.

There's probably a reasonable logarithmic function you could use to determine how many premium points (which is what my alternative suggestion would be based on) could be transported at a time by a merchant. Maybe it could even be constant, as as a world progresses the resources per pp go up, I don't have the data to determine balance.

I don't like your (first) suggestion though, I don't think it properly solves the problem. A lot of the time, because there aren't that many resources sold early on, I don't think the time resources are sold is going to be uniform, and right then and there putting a time limit on it might cause some players much more pain than others.

The queue idea is better IMO. I still think there needs to be a merchant restriction too.