Changes in Community Management

JawJaw

Awesomest CM Ever
Reaction score
Dearest Community,

As you may have noticed, morthy and Aliyah have recently left the Community Management team in order to be able to focus on their other duties. We want to thank them both for their years of dedication and hard work.

This also means that as of last week I, JawJaw, have taken over the role of Community Manager for Tribal Wars International after having done community management for 3 years on another market of Tribal Wars.
Together with Jirki88, Co-Community Manager for our Forum, we will be building on a quality team, a lasting and fun community and overall a better game!
We are confident we'll achieve success at this task.

In light of this change multiple other changes will be taking and have taken place within the community and the Tribal Wars team in order to improve the way things (such as ideas, suggestions and feedback) are handled and to improve the services our team provide.

One of these changes is the implementation of our fresh "Research and Development" section on this forum. This forum has been reworked to make sure your opinions and thoughts are heard! We value your opinion and, as players, you know best what is needed to make this game more fun.
If you have an idea, make sure to let the community know by creating a topic in the ideas section! After a while you might even see your suggestion ingame! (Make sure to check the information topic first!)

Next to that we will be reopening the High Performance-world soon, to add an extra challenge for the players that are seeking it. High Performance, for those that do not know, is a world that is played at a higher speed and usually has some additional challenging settings! We will be making a public post in the High Performance forum soon to involve the community in the decision of its settings! So make sure to check regularly!

Furthermore we will be investigating the possibility to reopen our speedworlds. We strongly believe that Speed can provide a solution to players who do not have the time to play Tribal Wars for months. Together with our Senior Team we will be looking at the possibilities to reopen these worlds. You will be informed as soon as we have reached a final decision!

Finally we will be recruiting new moderators, for both forum and In game. By hiring new moderators we hope to improve our services further, in the means of improving our response times and the quality of support we provide. Next to that we will be actively working on promoting our Forum in-game to attract new players and to make the Forum a fun place to be and to talk with other community members! Make sure to check out our application page if you are interested in joining our team!

Should you have any more questions or feedback about the above points, let us know in the discussion topic!

Kind regards,
Your newest Community Manager,
JawJaw

Last edited:

a.K.a elmoo

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Good luck for you all. I hope that connection between players and HQ will be better, considering feedback more serious. Some speed servers would be nice, we had so much fun back then during International Tournament

JawJaw

Awesomest CM Ever
Reaction score
Good luck for you all. I hope that connection between players and HQ will be better, considering feedback more serious. Some speed servers would be nice, we had so much fun back then during International Tournament

Thank you!
Personally I believe the feedback that the players provide is extremely important to make the game more fun to play, so we will be taking it seriously and make sure the feedback and suggestions end up in the right place! :)

DocJunior25

My suggestion is and has been since world 85 is to bring back the classic setting worlds. Every other world or once every three or four worlds. No hauls limited hauls full hauls with no enhanced premium. Classic pally weapons and that sort of thing . Bring back and retain the older players. Also offer that world as recommended world for new players. You might be amazed at the amount of players that would like the older settings. After all they were the settings during this games heyday

bobertini

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
tenor.gif

JawJaw

Awesomest CM Ever
Reaction score
My suggestion is and has been since world 85 is to bring back the classic setting worlds. Every other world or once every three or four worlds. No hauls limited hauls full hauls with no enhanced premium. Classic pally weapons and that sort of thing . Bring back and retain the older players. Also offer that world as recommended world for new players. You might be amazed at the amount of players that would like the older settings. After all they were the settings during this games heyday

Heya!

Thanks. That is certainly something we will be looking at for HP. It might be more difficult to do on our regular worlds :(
If you have a suggestion about settings for HP, make sure to let us know on that forum!

Mintyfresh

Skilled Soldier 18 & Master Commander 21 & 22
Reaction score
My suggestion would be not to just throw the doors wide open for anyone to comment on gameplay changes/improvements (and getting 99% garbage suggestions) but rather reach out and contact members of the community who have indepth gameplay knowledge/experience and get actual quality conversation about what could be done to improve the game

Because otherwise you'll just get the same old tired out nonsense and screeching from people about "old school settings"

DocJunior25

Heya!

Thanks. That is certainly something we will be looking at for HP. It might be more difficult to do on our regular worlds :(
If you have a suggestion about settings for HP, make sure to let us know on that forum!

Some of the players do not have the time to do HP worlds as they require more attention than the regular world. Also wouldn't be that difficult to do W100 proves that. Even with you guys starting w101 so soon after it still has a fair amount of players and is the most active world on externals than any other world in recent history. If you advertised and pushed a world like 100 you might actually bring more old school players back. Also they might make you some money as some of the player wouldn't have the time or be bothered to play premium enhanced worlds to farm PP so they may actually spend money to buy LA AM and Prem

Zalinor

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Welcome to .net. Your post certainly sounds promising, I used to pop on speed during my breaks from TW. Just wondering were you ever a player on your home server like Jirki many moons ago or did you start on the management side of things?

JawJaw

Awesomest CM Ever
Reaction score
Welcome to .net. Your post certainly sounds promising, I used to pop on speed during my breaks from TW. Just wondering were you ever a player on your home server like Jirki many moons ago or did you start on the management side of things?

I have been playing Tribal Wars for a little over 9 years now (including breaks), of which 3.5 on .net :)

DocJunior25

My suggestion would be not to just throw the doors wide open for anyone to comment on gameplay changes/improvements (and getting 99% garbage suggestions) but rather reach out and contact members of the community who have indepth gameplay knowledge/experience and get actual quality conversation about what could be done to improve the game

Because otherwise you'll just get the same old tired out nonsense and screeching from people about "old school settings"
Well I have been playing since world 18 led world winning tribes and seen all the changes. So I think I qualify as someone who has in depth knowledge and experience. As far as quality conversation I believe I did make a good argument but hey it was just screeching to you

DeletedUser104262

Heya!

Elaborate.

DeletedUser122015

Elaborate.
Running worlds with no monetary gain is running a world at a loss. The more they do, the more it cuts into any sort of money they're making from the game. Business side of things, it makes sense.

DeletedUser

Most people think they have "indepth gameplay knowledge and experience" though.

DeletedUser

Personally, I think it's time to let the game die a dignified death whilst we still can.

Lyon

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
change was needed in like 2015 or 2016 if not earlier.. this game need mods with ambitions to make it better and actually listen to players.

Good Luck!!

DocJunior25

Yeah i can see that, Doc proved that point very well lol
Yep your right I am just a noob that doesn't know anything. But I think a lot of people you know would disagree with you and as a former tribemate I am hurt LOL

mch123

Personally, I think it's time to let the game die a dignified death whilst we still can.
And what of the community? Are they supposed to just let go of the game that has created many friendships, a sense of belonging, a form of escapism from real world issues in their lives and a platform for them to build skills they wouldn't get elsewhere (such as leadership, communication, teamwork - to name a few)?