Changes

The Great 1One1

Dunno how successful this will be, but I thought I'd give it a shot at making another thread.

=RedFox= is a n00b! I quit!

Ok, what I want you to do in your replies is to make 1 change about the world at some point in the past, even if you would not have had a chance yourself in influencing it (it doesn't even have to involve you), and discuss how you feel it would have impacted the world or your own W24 experience.

Also, if you feel like it, recall one decision made by yourself that changed the world or your W24 experience that, looking back, would have made things worse at the time had the decision not been made.

I'll start it off :)

If Kriid never returned to W24 after he originally quit, that would have been the best thing ever!

It would have been interesting had BOOTY never merged into S²ORM. Don't get me wrong, I loved every minute in there and the people are great, but I still would have been mightily interested in the events that would have occurred otherwise.

For one, there would have been the war with V-V-V. I was looking forward to it. But I think had we not merged (I was told this like a month ago), BOOTY and =III= would have had a fake war to put off V-V-V from declaring (they were known to honour 1 v 1 wars). Then we would have had time to prepare and BOOTY/=III=/Garuda would have teamed up and warred V-V-V. This would have also brought in S²ORM to declare on BOOTY. =Res= and =TTD= would have also likely to get involved at some point. Most of the north would have been at war.

In the south, meanwhile, Manic and XP were already at war with DLV and Kings, if I have my timeline straight. I believe that because Manic didn't have the war with V-V-V, as well as the fact that they still had MANICO behind them, they would have cleaned up DLV and both they and Xp would have destroyed an inactive-hit Kings. Kings would probably have merged into Garuda at some point anyway and Manic would have probably declared on Garuda (or Deus) which would have put them and Xp on the S²ORM and V-V-V side. Then that would have been the first world war.

In the meanwhile, everyone has forgotten about Kinky as they regroup and then strike when they're ready. Being allied to V-V-V and Manic, they would probably have ended the war with S²ORM and continued their fight with Garuda.

It is getting a little too far-fetched now, so that is as far as I am going to go with my own what if analogy.

Please post your own :)

DeletedUser

Well as leader of s2orm i was bombarded with many choices. Our council was constantly racking our brains on what we should do next. We had so many choices to make it was probably the only thing that kept me here. If we never merged h20 and merged booty first? was one of the first choices. i was in contact with marc and rob in the begingin and we thought about a merge back then before booty became booty. But with deadsocks being rdy to go and booty unsure, we went with h20. we knew full well that kinky would declare if we merged, but didnt really care as behind closed doors already knew gzed was planing his war dec. Another turning point was with V vrs manic war. V was falling faster by the day, their moral was very low and ours was very high. DH came to me asking for me to take a few that he had selected and let the rest decide where to go. We thought about this as this would put us closer to manic, and support would have to bve shifted. Also we knew deus was slowing down in their war with XP. We merged, and things became a mess with mass new players joining, many of them not knowing the old memebrs. time went on, and manic continued to war alot of tribes but seemed to fade off on their attacks on us. They did spam alot of nukes at us, but KG had his own ideas where the n00bles should go. And the last big desicion for us was the deus war. We had planned on cleaning up the south, but due to the fact that we had heard rumors of deus doing talks with manic to merge into them.. or as kk will tell you a "select few" that this could be worrysome. I knew that our members worked their butts off in this war, and to lose this territory to another tribe would become very frustrating. After many bad meetings with RS and KK things got heated very fast. I told the council after our last meeting to prepare for war. And that i would give them 7 days notice before we attacked. 2 days went by, we stacked a few fronts, and started to move in res. As soon as res landed, deus started to attack them. I knew we needed to act fast. I told council 1 hour before the tribe found out that we would be going to war in 24 hrs and that even though unprepared we were it had to be done. We took action and the war started and things unfolded as they may. But i wonder what would this world be like if storm and deus never wared right now? I wonder if storm and deus signed a peace treaty for a few months how boring this world would become? you decide.

wIz.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I sometimes wonder what it would have been like if Squizz and Moosey had come to Kinky with me. >_>;

And what would have happened if Xtil hadn't taken me under his wing quite so much.

I guess the world would have been more fun if Moosey stayed.
And things would have been very different for V-V-V I guess if Squizz never went there.
And I probably wouldn't have ended up going to V-V-V if Squizz hadn't of been there.

And if Xtil hadn't have taken me under his wing, he probs would have rimmed me before I nobled my second village.

DeletedUser

I wonder what it would have been like if I never started playing this silly game.
Today I might have qualifications, a career, and a GF.

The only thing I can think of, is what if Johnman and I hadn't disbanded TRIT and gone to VG. If that were the case, I would never have gone to Manic, would not have quit when Manic went to W42, and would likely have been allied to, and probably a member of, Deus now.

So everything would have been the opposite of what it is now for me. I wouldn't have met all these great people (although would have probably made friends in the Deus camp), and would likely still be playing my original account out on the SE rim.

I think I made the right choice.

DeletedUser

Pfft. What do you need a girlfriend for when you've got a wife. :icon_cool:

Oh and I wonder what would have happened to Storm if Togo hadn't talked Wiz in to recruiting me.
Because obviously I'm the best thing that ever happened to them. :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

ermm,Il go for 2

1-I would had love to have manic war during longuer,Its ended up pretty quick and on a bad note,at least in my eye.

2-I would had loved to have CC next to me in L35,fighting alongside with him while we was both manic used to be a wonderfull experience,so..I kinda miss him in the current wars:icon_redface:

slowdowntubby

I wish I had never merged BOOTY into Storm. TB didn't want to do it and I should have listened to him. And we still had so much work to do finishing off ASBO.

We would have had a great war with VVV. And probably storm and res too. lol. I disliked VVV so much. All they ever did was try to bully us. For months! And I know now we could have beaten them. We might not have been able to beat all three, but we did have the III/Garuda alliance ready to activate as gopie mentioned.

But I made the safe choice instead. Because I wanted to give my players the best chance of being able to make it to the end of the world. And I trusted wiz a whole hell of a lot more than gzed. With wiz I always knew he was being upfront with me. My dealings with gzed, while full of intriguing possibilities, just left me wondering what percentage of it was lies. I could tell he was trying to play all the angles. I guess wiz was just better at hiding that :p

DeletedUser

I wish I had never merged BOOTY into Storm. TB didn't want to do it and I should have listened to him. And we still had so much work to do finishing off ASBO.

We would have had a great war with VVV. And probably storm and res too. lol. I disliked VVV so much. All they ever did was try to bully us. For months! And I know now we could have beaten them. We might not have been able to beat all three, but we did have the III/Garuda alliance ready to activate as gopie mentioned.

But I made the safe choice instead. Because I wanted to give my players the best chance of being able to make it to the end of the world. And I trusted wiz a whole hell of a lot more than gzed. With wiz I always knew he was being upfront with me. My dealings with gzed, while full of intriguing possibilities, just left me wondering what percentage of it was lies. I could tell he was trying to play all the angles. I guess wiz was just better at hiding that :p

there is always alot that could have been. Just like if when i brought you guys in we could have went to war with III and garuda and left v and manic. I know many in the north were not happy to join a new tribe and fight so far, and we both lost players becuase of it. But like you say, we try to do whats right for the tribe rather then make a few happy. I think things could be hugly differnt had you and the garuda alliance happened. Which would mean, V would never have gone after manic, we would have warred booty with V-V-V manic would have killed kings as kings would have been alone, unless gzed would have went south to help them vrs manic. Either way we look at things, alliances we made in the begining most of us stuck to them, which is a nice change form most worlds. Garuda and v did stab kinky in the back, but with due cause. Kinky treated both allies like crap. Kinky did prefer ESL and F the rest. So all tribes played as they saw fit. TBH marc i think you made the right choice, it allowed you to meet new people, and still fight in some glorious wars.

wIz.

slowdowntubby

We lost a fair few players when we merged. Guys who didn't want to noble long range, etc. Those guys would have quit eventually either way but it certainly hastened it. But most importantly I think what we lost was our sense of self. Don't get me wrong. The large majority were very happy in storm and many excelled there (and continue to by all accounts). But we went from a smallish group of very close knit players, in charge of our own destiny, to a cog in the mighty storm machine.

It's what was necessary for the tribe to continue longer. And that's the reason I pushed for it. I didn't want to be in charge anymore and lacking anyone to step up from within, I wanted to put my players in good hands. I also got the distinct feeling that things were happening all around us that were beyond my control - that other leaders were trying to use my tribe to their own ends. I didn't like that feeling and I guess handing over the reigns was one way to get out from under it.

Hindsight is funny though and all this happened over a year ago. Looking on it now it's easy to think of what might have been had we stuck it out a few months longer and warred the wars we wanted to. Or maybe I should have just let gopie take charge... ;)

DeletedUser

We lost a fair few players when we merged. Guys who didn't want to noble long range, etc. Those guys would have quit eventually either way but it certainly hastened it. But most importantly I think what we lost was our sense of self. Don't get me wrong. The large majority were very happy in storm and many excelled there (and continue to by all accounts). But we went from a smallish group of very close knit players, in charge of our own destiny, to a cog in the mighty storm machine.

It's what was necessary for the tribe to continue longer. And that's the reason I pushed for it. I didn't want to be in charge anymore and lacking anyone to step up from within, I wanted to put my players in good hands. I also got the distinct feeling that things were happening all around us that were beyond my control - that other leaders were trying to use my tribe to their own ends. I didn't like that feeling and I guess handing over the reigns was one way to get out from under it.

Hindsight is funny though and all this happened over a year ago. Looking on it now it's easy to think of what might have been had we stuck it out a few months longer and warred the wars we wanted to. Or maybe I should have just let gopie take charge... ;)

It is funny looking back at hindsight. But also storm was not as large with out booty. Infact booty made us the largest in terms of merges. Was a very interesting move imo, and i dont regret it to this day bro.

wIz.

DeletedUser

I wonder what would of happened if wIzdum never decided to declare the West (HDR/Virgin/Underworld).

Alleo claimed the day before wiz declared on us Virgin had a major op planned against underworld. Considering the players that came through Virgin (alleo and ciries) I think we would of got our asses wooped... but would have been a more interesting war than vs storm... After all they never really "focused" on us.

Also I wonder whether the west would've held without Evil Git's influences... That pompous brit deserves a floggin lol

Repinski

Ok, what I want you to do in your replies is to make 1 change about the world at some point in the past, even if you would not have had a chance yourself in influencing it (it doesn't even have to involve you), and discuss how you feel it would have impacted the world or your own W24 experience.

I often wonder what would have happened if BOOTY had not merged with S²ORM and had actually warred =RES=. I probably would have gotten my ass chewed and spit back out by BOOTY. I was a complete nub, internal nobles and barbs were all that was on my menu at the time. Although mainly internal nobles. I also probably would have learned to fight if we had warred them. That would have been an interesting war for me at least seeing as this was my first serious world and so I learned a lot here.

Also, if you feel like it, recall one decision made by yourself that changed the world or your W24 experience that, looking back, would have made things worse at the time had the decision not been made.

The thing I would have to say I would probably change was leaving and attacking =RES=. I got schooled, no question about it. Then again I had hardly any war experience under my belt. If I had stayed with them I either A) would have continued to noble barbs and internals and just gotten fat enough to be internally nobled myself for not helping in wars or B) been forged into a war fighting machine under S²ORM/=RES= leadership and probably would still be on this world to the day. But in all reality I think A is the one that would have happened.

I am actually glad I did what I did and fought with =RES=, I moved down to the south and struggled my war into Star Gate where a met a great group of people although not the best of players. Then I moved to FS where I learned the values of tribe over individual and often used my nukes to help the smaller members grow as a lot of my friends for ~SG~/~S.G~/forgot the other tag then had (Star Gate) had quit and were gifting me their villages and so I decided to instead of grow uncontrollably like I did in =RES= to use my troops by sending support out to the tribe and my nukes to help the smaller players in the tribe grow.

I got moved to B.O.S. when FS disbanded and reformed, I felt honored to be considered one of the better players out of the family and I do know that I mainly got moved because of my relationship with Mitch (one of the dukes) and Bo-john-bo who was baron. And also for helping out the smaller players.

I suppose I also learned a few things about war while their also, mainly the aspects of long range nukes and nobles and support. My front line war experience is from w33 but that isn't for this world now is it :icon_wink:

Anyways, that is my statement of this topic, I kinda followed what I was supposed to and kinda didn't sorry.

Regards,
-Rep

DeletedUser

I often wonder whether if I had not ended up in =RES= on this world. what if myself and tribaldevon took leadership of my first real tribe =TFC=? We probably would of wared DH and S.A, and win if I might added, before merging actives together to form a powerful tribe.

Who knows? =TFC= could be standing with S2ORM and =RES= against =TTD=, Deus, Cats ect.

Alas, it didn't go that way thanks to some guy who decided to boot tribaldevon and myself because we told him to Get Out.

Oh well, I don't regret joining =RES=, the experience has been great <3

DeletedUser

I often wonder whether if I had not ended up in =RES= on this world. what if myself and tribaldevon took leadership of my first real tribe =TFC=? We probably would of wared DH and S.A, and win if I might added, before merging actives together to form a powerful tribe.

Who knows? =TFC= could be standing with S2ORM and =RES= against =TTD=, Deus, Cats ect.

Alas, it didn't go that way thanks to some guy who decided to boot tribaldevon and myself because we told him to Get Out.

Oh well, I don't regret joining =RES=, the experience has been great <3

To be honest, if the war never went as it did against Deus, and if TFC had warred SA and DH and gotten pretty large, =RES= would have warred them with the backing of Storm.

I doubt we* they would have let a rival tribe grow strong in our* their own territory, it would have been too much of a threat.

*I need to stop reffering to =RES= as 'we'.

On a side note, I wouldn't have let you not join =RES= :icon_razz:

DeletedUser

ermm,Il go for 2

1-I would had love to have manic war during longuer,Its ended up pretty quick and on a bad note,at least in my eye.

2-I would had loved to have CC next to me in L35,fighting alongside with him while we was both manic used to be a wonderfull experience,so..I kinda miss him in the current wars:icon_redface:

quoted for mentioning my awesomeness LOL

sypherr

kinky > fenx merge, i had nearly persuaded jammer0 to war them instead of merging, i planned the operation on fenx also but jammer few days later had came with news that a merge was to come and i had to stand down the op :( , iv always thought its best to war and kill the weak and then merge the strong fighters than to merger a whole tribe thats in trouble.

If kinky had warred fenx i bet the world would of been a different place maybe even garuda would of joined in also or v-v-v

DeletedUser

If the hoc incident never took place, OM would have won the world - without merging =)

DeletedUser

If the hoc incident never took place, OM would have won the world - without merging =)

doubtful, but a possibility. V and s2orm were in plans prior to OM joingin manico to attack OM. If you rember correctly at the time V had warred BOS or some tribe like that in the south to gain a position for the upcoming war with us. but alas things changed drastically in this world and things happned a bit differnt. Had hoc and OM still been around im sure the south wars would have still been.

sypherr

doubtful, but a possibility. V and s2orm were in plans prior to OM joingin manico to attack OM. If you rember correctly at the time V had warred BOS or some tribe like that in the south to gain a position for the upcoming war with us. but alas things changed drastically in this world and things happned a bit differnt. Had hoc and OM still been around im sure the south wars would have still been.

Yea i remember them hmmm, B.O.U because the original neva used to be there duke and i tryed to get them to join kinky lmao