Changing of the game ethos?

DeletedUser

So I returned to world 76 after a lengthy absence from the game,

During my previous runs in the game there was always been a strong ethos and commitment between players.

When I was on world 14, I went from B2B which merged with Owned (after the failed to conquer us in war :D) to fail, and during this process there was always the strong connection with players you have started with, players you knew you could rely on. players you knew had your back.

One thing that always played the part in my previous worlds was the fact that being apart of a tribe was meaning fill, it had reason and it had commitment.

My question for the forum is has this commitment, trust and ethos within tribes disappeared? Has Backstabbing appeared within their own ranks? Or does in your opinion the tribe still remain the core alliance of the game?

I am just curious for what others think due to talking with some old buddies who have also returned and have seen changes to how things use to be done and talking between us we have seen difference to how things where done before.

Please I am looking for a wide range of opinions

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:

tagzy

My question for the forum is has this commitment, trust and ethos within tribes disappeared? Has Backstabbing appeared within their own ranks? Or does in your opinion the tribe still remain the core alliance of the game?

im from world 11 + 12

still here :)

i still find those friendships + alliances. Early world you need them. If you only find protection in your tribe you are doomed to fail.

Early worlds like this i find i still skype local + distant players to form friendships or NAP's or whatever you want to call them.

But thats just me :)

quick edit:
backstabbing has always been around. Just heard of less because early worlds had SO many more players + tribes. Now you see a top 20 tribe dissapear and you hear what happens 5 minutes later. where in previous wourlds you wouldnt know what happened or who did it because no one cared about 2-3K's over. Only about whats happening in your K.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

One thing that always played the part in my previous worlds was the fact that being apart of a tribe was meaning fill, it had reason and it had commitment.

I am just curious for what others think due to talking with some old buddies who have also returned and have seen changes to how things use to be done and talking between us we have seen difference to how things where done before.

Tribe has, is and will always be the core of the game. It is TRIBAL WARS for a reason. The best players dont always win, but the best tribe compromising of trustworthy and skillful players win.

Now, regarding the issue of commitment,trust and ethos. Everyone has his/her own opinion and measure about it. Everyone wishes to excel in the game and sometimes they do not choose to do the honorable thing.

Backstabbing has always been part of the game. And, yes even it occurs within the tribe as well. Their are various personalities and various thoughts of players present in tribe. It is tough to manage all and keep all happy. Backstabbing is not a new thing in TW. I have seen it happen even before w20. :icon_biggrin:

DeletedUser

^ I agree with this. .In my tribe I try to hold these values with my tribe members, My tribe is doing good and keeping steady. Not a lot of tribe jumpers here. We were a pre made tribe. Some members have changed but not many. I like to build loyalty in my tribe. I do not believe in always trying to get all the top members in one tribe. This seems to fail a lot. I like to stick with the people I have and hope to build the best tribe we can.

setorines

I 100% agree that there is a lot more stabbing going on in TW than there used to be. The thing is over time more and more people got to playing this game, and stabbing people. The more people that got stabbed the more that felt they were justified to stab first and the more stabbers there were. Sadly at this point I have problems trusting most other players, and I feel I am justified in not trusting them. Even in your own tribe it's good to be kind of leery during these early stages.

The people I trust are the ones I've played with on past worlds and stuck with me. I know they didn't stab me last time, and I don't expect them to do it to me this time.

DeletedUser

Only when you are doing it to someone. Not when you are on the other side and in doldrums.

Yeah true, But tbh i still would find it funny that i got played and then try and take over an account and get my own back :icon_twisted:

DeletedUser111495

I only play alongside friends or friends of friends from my previous worlds, not bothered about anyone else unless i make some friendship with them during startup.

Only people i consider friends ill never let them down but everyone else should not trust me.

DeletedUser

this is a void from the original topic post but

what happened to player made maps?