Changing troop return time concept

• Thread starter Gwaihir aka Bluetomahawk
  • Start date

Gwaihir aka Bluetomahawk

so i'm back to TW little over 3 months, and frankly i was never in TOP tier clubs, nor following externals, played only for fun. so excuse me if anyone back in time did thread with topic like this, my bad. so in these boring days, let's discuss this instead of playing smartasses and do troll and flames.

i've thought of this concept back on start of w90, but never had will to propose it... i wont do this the way to explain thouroughly as it is intended to be any sort of guide or help for newbies, but it asks for some experience to understand it.

what do we have now;
we all should know how the backtime works and how troops return. just to give example;

arrival: today at 06:43:21:144
run time: 4:27:47 (axes)
return time: 11:11:08:000

so what do we have is troops travel time, not on full round of 8:55:34, but instead 8:55:33:856. (that particular thing always bothered me, but for some other reasons :D)
now, i understand that everyone is used to this system, but it actually gives attacker a chance to just go and attack if no one closer is capable of backtime and eliminates the possibilty for defender to do anything about it if troop speeds are matching.

what do i propose;
is that inno change system in a way to change return time to make it on full sec later instead of full sec earlier as it is now. in this particular case:

arrival: today at 06:43:21:144
run time: 4:27:47
return time: 11:11:09:000

travel time would now be somewhat longer, 8:55:34:856, which actually prolongues return travel time by 856ms compared to regluar run time: 4:27:47.

why do i propse it;

giving defender chance to backtime attacker when same off units are used (as well as using rams in backtimes later instead of risking only with axes and LCs). he would have to dodge attack and send it from earlier opened tab to properly do it, and he would have in this case 856ms loop for good dodge. also, this way changes in system would be minimal, however it would take some time to notice everyone about it. in later game it really doesn't matter that much but at this early stage of game where w92 now stands (even later till real stackings are possible) it can be really handy to those who can use it.

so, i am gladly to hear your thoughts. also, when i say backtime, i'm always reffering to at least less than 500ms backtime. as i've said, i'm not sure if similar thread has ever before been made so my bad if it was. also if needed i can elaborate it more, but it think general idea should be understood. keep it on topic please :D

p.s. mod, if it is supposed to go in any other forum, my bad.