Chit Chat

DeletedUser

Generally things flex to the point of breaking. And these two past days seem to be the breaking point.
You arrive and enforce new rules on us pretty strongly. I couldn't care if FnF asked you to or not; that doesn't matter... Your still here and since you arrived I've noticed a difference in the forums, and its a bad one.

When more than one person raises the same opinion you have to accept that they have an angle they are coming from. Whether you understand it or not, whethere you accept it or not doesn't matter; its the fact that they are all united in the same idea, so there must be a reason for it.
Since you started interveining in the W48 forums they have become so much more precious and fragile and it sucks. Quit being such a spoil sport and let us get on with things the way we were before...

You try and make yourself sound innocent but im not falling for it. FnF told me she doesn't like infracting people and she never wanted to be a world mod in the first place. She's slack yes, and she issues infractions where she has to but she didn't do it nearly as much before you arrived. She told me that she's had to tighten up more because your on her back about it, and if she doesn't pick up on something then you will and you'll mention it to her.
Stop making File look like the bad guy here because we all like her... It'd be a shame if our opinions were to slowly change due to the countless infractions she hands out with her name on the bottom; when if anyones it should be yours.

DeletedUser

You've got this "divide and conquer" spiel down to an art, seems like. These two days may be the breaking point, but you're not even arguing any rules any more. You have no examples, and only conjecture. You are arguing for the sake of arguing. You have no idea what goes on behind the scenes of moderation. No idea what my conversations with FNF are like. You have no examples of my "super strict" moderation style. You just have these wild theories that I'm the reason the forums are, as you put, "fragile." It's a nice act, but you have absolutely no information or facts to back up any of what you're saying. And each time one of your arguments is eliminated, you fall further and further back, until now, where you're at this strange place of accusing me of everything wrong in the entirety of w48 forums. But again, you have no facts. So why should I believe you?

You don't have to "fall for it." You don't have to like me. You don't have to like FNF. You don't have to do anything.

But if you break the forum rules, you will be held accountable. In the same way you're accusing me of some ridiculous story, and not falling for it. I'm doing the same to you. You're not convincing me of anything other than that you're afraid that your ability to run wild and be rude and inconsiderate to the other posters might be coming to an end.

Let me remove the doubt: it is. I will not tolerate insulting and namecalling. But if you want me to leave so bad? Then start following the forum rules. It's all in your hands.

DeletedUser

It seems you need it explained to you as simple as possible. We are the ones that play this world, Not you. Let us chat how we chat. If someone gets offended they can click the little button that says "Report bad post". Other then that just leave us to be us.

[SPOIL]
128757125276484254.jpg
[/SPOIL]

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

The problem is that people HAVE been clicking the little button that says "report bad post". I'm not doing this on a whim. I'm not flying in here on some vendetta against you guys.

I'm doing this because users are complaining. Not en masse, but this world has been receiving a lot of reports these past few days, and the majority of them are big issues.

Again I have to stress this fact. I'm not asking you guys to do anything incredible. I'm okay with the amount of off-topic posting here. My biggest issues are the amount of insulting and inappropriate language running rampant on these boards. And I haven't even actually DONE anything here. I've only stated that I'd like you guys to stop doing it.

How is it so much of a stretch for you guys to act with the most base amount of respect towards one another? Others seem to do it just fine. But I ask you guys to simply stop insulting each other and using inappropriate language, and the entire forum is up in arms.

Which is great. It's nice that you guys are so passionate about your forums. They ARE your forums. I do not argue that point. But whether they're the forums you use or not, the rules still need to be observed on them.

Look, I'm not asking you guys to do anything incredible, or hard. Not in the slightest. @bsgreer1 I don't know where this resistance is coming from; a quick cursory look at your posting history leads me to believe that you're not breaking any of these rules, really, regardless. Your posting habits wouldn't even have to change. As best I can tell, you already are following the rules :/.

DeletedUser

I don't think anyone would disagree with the bad language and insults bit but you say they are our forums yet we can't discuss what we want on them. Drifting off topic isn't too much of a problem unless it's being abused.

DeletedUser

I for one agree the forum has been ruined of recent months. I used to love the forums more then the game and now I dont even read them expect for maybe once a day except for lately since we are talking about the rules and such

DeletedUser

It seems you need it explained to you as simple as possible. We are the ones that play this world, Not you. Let us chat how we chat. If someone gets offended they can click the little button that says "Report bad post". Other then that just leave us to be us.

[SPOIL]
128757125276484254.jpg
[/SPOIL]

Dammit Brian where is MY like button?!

Wait a second. You actually mean people use the report button?!
Jesus christ I thought I was playing mostly with adults here! Take comments on the chin and move on. Chances are the guy who insulted you is from another country and you'll never know him so who gives a shit? <censored by moderator> ignore them? D'uhh it's what I do. Reporting is for poofs who run off to their daddys when theres a problem, grow a pair and ignore it.
It's not the insulting on the forum that gets me. Competition is dirty...
It's the constantly being picked up on small things like ever so slightly drifting off topic. Who needs it? Not me i know that much... Its a pain in the ass
And its only been noticable recently... Not saying any names Greenskin but you know what im talking about huh

Last edited by a moderator:

File Not Found

You want to remove that bit Fraser, or do I need to do it for you.

DeletedUser

Why ask when your going to simply do it anyway. At least you've learned something from robin when he said that you should at least say you've edited a post instead of completely removing it. But then again you went and removed his post when he said something like "this isn't china"
But we are making progress.

Sboh

We all have a level of 'banter' lets call it, where we can say cheeky things to eachother and take it in a harmless way, this has been going on for god knows how long in every forum, but now it is being stamped out of here?

I have not yet seen something that oversteps the mark to a point where we have to be monitored and treated like children. All I have seen is semi-structured topics (By that I mean there are a set of questions answered but also semi-related posts too) being told to stay on topic when ever people have conversations.

We have been like this since I joined and there has been no problem, but recently the forums seem to be no fun, just dull on topic crap that I don't really want to read.

It is distancing me from the forums and from the looks of it several others too, Greenskin you can't say there is no reason for this sudden change.

Sboh

how do you get infraction ? Im really curious too see what it is , is it a mail by fnf saying " INFRACTION " ?

also in answer to your question.. I would say post off topic would get you an infraction these days.

File Not Found

Why ask when your going to simply do it anyway. At least you've learned something from robin when he said that you should at least say you've edited a post instead of completely removing it. But then again you went and removed his post when he said something like "this isn't china"
But we are making progress.

I got tired of waiting, it was infractable, it was offensive, and if I left it there, I would have had no choice but to act upon it, as someone would have reported it. So rather leave things to fate, I fixed it, in an attempt to be lenient towards you, as I understand your frustration.

As for "learned something from robin", sure, I can see how you would think that. The issue is, that leaving "<censored>", or "<removed by moderator>", makes it glaringly obvious to everyone, that you broke the rules. This is why it is generally not done. (It would also be against the rules if you put it there yourself, so, theres another reason)

DeletedUser

Well I'd rather you did that than change what I've said and put words in my mouth, ones I could have used but chose not to; so for what reason would I like it that you put them there after I chose not to do so myself?

And sorry for leaving you waiting; afraid I hadn't read your post at the time. My fault I was doing something else :icon_rolleyes: I do apologise.

And I don't understand why you aren't allowed to see that people broke the rules? If you break the rules you should be allowed to tell people about this openly, its my buisness just as much - if not more - than the mods who banned me as it was my post.

Repinski

Well no wonder this thread is dead. Comments are disabled.

EDIT:

WTH?! one goes through and the other needs to be approved?
[SPOIL]
wthu.png
[/SPOIL]

Last edited:

File Not Found

Well no wonder this thread is dead. Comments are disabled.

EDIT:

WTH?! one goes through and the other needs to be approved?
[SPOIL]
wthu.png
[/SPOIL]

Yeah, not sure why, I've not set the thread to do so (not that I have the ability).

Looking over it, yours seems to have been the only post that has happened to.