Christamas story from Hompsu... think about it.

hompsu

About 2000 years ago, a man bornt his father was a Joseph and his mother was Maria... the guy was extraordinary, ahead of his time.
Time when the world was brutal and violent, more than a these days, or not.
i didnt live on those days so i cant know..

He lived as normal child and youngsters,
but when he grew up, he saw the world was dark and evil place to live.
Evil corrupted and greedy men was leading the world, killing each others.
as they do at the present day.

He made up an idea, to love and help each others, to give not to take.
He stared to preach his ideology, to love, give and help....
The man got some follower, peoples who stared to listen him,
stared to spread his thought, stared to spread the love the greatest thing on the world.

But the evil men, didnt want to lose their power, money or anything what they got.
so they used humanitys greatest vice, the greedy...
they lured one of his followers to catch him, whit money and promises of greater
living, the guy took it and followed orders of the evil men,
and catches the guy, who talked about love and good will..

After that the guy get killed, crossed from his arms and legs like a bad criminal... was this end of love and good will, maybe...
people are still killing, hating and tyrannize each others,
people are still taking... not giving.

treat each others like you want them to treat you.
- jesus

do not only love those peoples who love you,
love your worse enemy as you love them who love you.
- jesus

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

this is only my thoughts... if you dont belief it,
you dont have to.
you can belief what ever you want,
people are different as they always are...
so let them be different ;)

Let him who is without sin cast the first stone.
-jesus

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Jesus = big cheat who only saw power in capturing the real jesus, rubbing himself on him each morning, and then being able to use his powers to make gold :icon_wink:

DeletedUser4989

Jesus = big cheat who only saw power in capturing the real jesus, rubbing himself on him each morning, and then being able to use his powers to make gold :icon_wink:

That was totally uncalled for. Enough said.

macstillisthebest

thats racist to christians, and im a christian so stop it

DeletedUser

I'm going to say this straight out. The church takes offense toward not capitalizing the words God and Christ. If you are going to attack people for making fun of Christmas and Christians, at least don't do it yourself. At least show respect for the religion that you are proclaiming. Further, Christianity is not a race. Criticism of it therefore is not 'racist'.

Now, further, it is against the rules of this site to attack an individual for their religious beliefs. Taking pot shots at a religion itself is not. Every poster is entitled to their beliefs and can express their beliefs as long as it is on topic. Just because you disagree does not make it inappropriate. The staff simply aren't about censorship of non-Christian ideas.

If anything, this thread is simply in the wrong place. If you aren't complaining about that, stop attacking an individual for his beliefs. If it bothers you enough, set that individual on ignore.

Bl4ckn1ght1

Only had to glance over this topic to realize it was inappropriate and uncalled for.

Lokodemon

thats racist to christians, and im a christian so stop it

Did you know that Christ wasn't born on Christmas day?

In pre christian origins, there was still a christmas. It was more of a winter festival, and was traditionally the most popular festival of the year in many cultures. Reasons included less agricultural work needing to be done during the winter, as well as people expecting longer days and shorter nights after the winter solstice in the Northern Hemisphere.

The Christmas celebration was created by the early Church in order to entice pagan Romans to convert to Christianity without losing their own winter celebrations. Certain prominent gods and goddesses of other religions in the region had their birthdays celebrated on December 25, including Ishtar, Sol Invictus and Mithras.

I laugh at your holiday :lol:

timelimit

Did you know that Christ wasn't born on Christmas day?

In pre christian origins, there was still a christmas. It was more of a winter festival, and was traditionally the most popular festival of the year in many cultures. Reasons included less agricultural work needing to be done during the winter, as well as people expecting longer days and shorter nights after the winter solstice in the Northern Hemisphere.

The Christmas celebration was created by the early Church in order to entice pagan Romans to convert to Christianity without losing their own winter celebrations. Certain prominent gods and goddesses of other religions in the region had their birthdays celebrated on December 25, including Ishtar, Sol Invictus and Mithras.

I laugh at your holiday :lol:

Ye i knew that lol

hompsu

its soon again time to celebrate this dude... not because he is "son of god"... but because he tried to change the world...

PS... forget the red coca cola santa... thats not the dude to celebrate when holidays...

DeletedUser

Can we please use this opportunity to discuss a christmas truce. I suggest 24th Dec-1st Jan inclusive.

I brought my 2 year old daughter to see Santa but she was absolutely terrified of him. I think she may be suffering from CLAUSEtraphobia.:icon_eek:

DeletedUser

its soon again time to celebrate this dude... not because he is "son of god"... but because he tried to change the world...

PS... forget the red coca cola santa... thats not the dude to celebrate when holidays...

I don't see no Jesus giving me presents.

dalesmckay

This is a spam thread and should be closed immediately.
It has nothing to do with world 12.

DeletedUser

Dales, you are replying in the wrong topic...

Btw, Santa or Christ? What is the difference? Both fictional anyway... One made up by some desperate people needing some kind of faith in an afterlife, the other by big capitalistic companies.

dalesmckay

Dales, you are replying in the wrong topic...
You have nothing to offer in the way of an intelligent debate/conversation.
I offered you material to discuss and you turned it into a personal attack.
I see no point in continuing the conversation since it will simply turn into a slagging contest.

Btw, Santa or Christ? What is the difference? Both fictional anyway... One made up by some desperate people needing some kind of faith in an afterlife, the other by big capitalistic companies.
Actually have to agree with you here.

DeletedUser

I feel a wave of flaming by Christians coming, so I'm out! Peace W12 See you Next week!

:)

*hops out of the world and enters into the bowels of W25*

DeletedUser

You have nothing to offer in the way of an intelligent debate/conversation.
I offered you material to discuss and you turned it into a personal attack.
I see no point in continuing the conversation since it will simply turn into a slagging contest.

Dude, seriously, give it up. I understand that this is your only way out, but there are 2 people saying the same as me and again, you started with the personal attack. Just admit you were wrong and don't try to weasel your way out of this, it is sooo lame.

And this is getting really old as well. People go into an argument, see they will not win, get personal, get a personal attack back and start complaining with a reason like yours. You know you are wrong, you know you started with the insult. How hard is it to admit you lost the argument, fair and square?

slinkiestwizard

And this is getting really old as well. People go into an argument, see they will not win, get personal, get a personal attack back and start complaining with a reason like yours.

WOW i cant believe it talk about the pot combing the kettle black!

Therin

Contributing Poster
Reaction score

The existance of Jesus is kind of hard to dispute, I think it was put as the existance of Christ was nigh irrefutable, leaving the option that he was either "Mad, bad or God." This idea although alot older, was mainly popularised by CS Lewis on BBC radio.

For the record, I'm an Agnostic with a tendency to disbelieve.