Church overlap competition

DeletedUser37628

I posted this a long time ago in our shared forum with Soap, but here it is again, and I figured I might as well post it here so everyone can choose to join in :)

Calculator advised. If you have boatloads of unreligious villages, this process is pretty much a waste of your time, so you can stop reading now.

Let's call a "space" on the map equal to the area taken up by a SINGLE VILLAGE.

Let c_1 be the number of level 1 churches you have, let c_2 be the number of level 2/first churches you have, and let c_3 be the number of level 3 churches you have. Let 'o' be equal to the total overlap created by your churches such that for every space on the map covered by more than one church, o = (number of churches covering that space) - 1. So, if you have 3 churches overlapping on one particular space, 'o' would be 2 higher as a result of that space. This is not a count of total overlapS, but total overlap. You need to look at the map and count individual spaces of overlap, and add them up.

Let t = 48*c_1 + 112*c_2 + 196*c_3

Let r = t / (c_1 + c_2 + c_3)

Let x = (t - r) / o

Post x. The higher the x value, the more effectively your churches have been laid out in terms of overlap.

Obviously, there are other factors that go into placing churches, but this still sheds some light on planning and general thought put into church placement.

I get 55.5, which is pretty disappointing... It used to be above 90 :( But I know why it's gone down, and am not worried :)

Also, I would just like to say... 55.5 might be higher than many of your scores, but have no shame!

DeletedUser100313

The church is an indoctrination machine used to cover up pedophiles.

sathom

Ok so I killed off a bunch of troops and put a lvl 1 church in every village. /amidoingitright?

DeletedUser

ha ha...u people killed the thread before it even began...:icon_twisted:

anyways if its any consolation to Mills...i tried to calculate my "X"....but gave up while counting "O"...too troublesome...any easy way to count the Os ?

sathom

ha ha...u people killed the thread before it even began...:icon_twisted:

anyways if its any consolation to Mills...i tried to calculate my "X"....but gave up while counting "O"...too troublesome...any easy way to count the Os ?

Indeed I did, now why would I advertise this info? It was a good try though. Also as a side note, the math sucks and there wouldnt be anyway I would do it any how!

Warham said:
DINGDINGDING! we have a winner! :p

TYTYVM
D3.gif

DeletedUser62954

could you count my overlaps for me? i will pass you my account sit

DeletedUser97878

Would be nice to turn this into a script of some sort that in overview page can tell. Could be really handy :)

DeletedUser37628

I could do that, I suppose heh... Would probably take a pretty long time to run, but should be doable

DeletedUser37628

I have a script written (for the second time, damn laptop batteries) to count o, if you want to help me test it, pm me.