Church Question

DeletedUser

I have played one more Church World some years ago.

But now I'm confused. It says in the Wiki that if you attack any villa outside your Church influence, your troops only fight at 50% strength. But when I check my Morale on the map for that villa outside my church influence, it says 100%?? When you send an attack to such a villa it says fighting power as attacker : 100% ??

Also, how do I simulate the Church effect in the simulator ??

Thanks in advance !

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser112594

it either the "religious" check box or the church checkbox.
i don't use it much for churches
churchsim_zps80e3f68a.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
image is from Casual server if any difference in simulator layout.

DeletedUser59417

Churches

The church gives your troops a God to worship in the town they live in. When your troops worship a God (TW God of war) just a guess. They feel good and think they are invincible. Thus, they fight harder. So, the first church covers 6 squares out in all directions. if you take another town in that area of influence the troops from the other town can still walk 6 squares a day to worship their God.

However, if a town is 7 squares away from the first church or a church they lose hope, lose faith and just die in battle. Whats the point of fighting anyways right.

Troops can march 6-7 days away or more with out losing faith. So long as their home church is covering their town.

So, what does all this mean, you ask?

Well. you need to have a good spread of churches so all towns can send their troops to church to worship.
If you cluster your towns maybe 2-3 churches can cover 8-9 towns.

For example:

I started with a first church and my main town is religious and fights with 100% attack power.
Then i nobled 2 towns outside my influence.....these towns outside my church area fight at 50% attack power

Solution noble another town right in the middle of the other 2 outside my church area.
This third town fights at 50%

Build a church in that 3rd town.

Then all 3 towns now have another church and all those towns fight at 100%

Meaning all 4 towns now have 2 churches covering the whole area.

It's always best to build defensive troops in church towns. As to protect the church. Now you don't need to have an academy in these church towns just a maxed out market place to move resources, in fact most of the time you only need a few academy towns a few church towns and a good way to move resources and troops around.

if you have a 100 town cluster only 11-13 churches are needed to make the towns happy and religious.

Starting a new cluster you want to pick a place that will have a lot of towns close together. ennoble in the middle of the area you want. build church and support with defensive troops. build offensive town and nobles and oom nom nom the area.

Church placement is key. your always constantly expanding out side your church influence.

Over lapping
What a waste of population.
Lets build 100 churches for 100 towns. /facepalm. your troops are either religious or not. i don't think troops can be 200% religious so one town being in 4 different church zones is not going to help.

DeletedUser

Thanks guys !

I now need to know how to Simulate the Church effect in the Simulator.

DeletedUser

click the button that says religious.

If I am attacking a villa out of my Church range, my Troops will not be religious but the enemy troops will be, right? Untick my Religious box and tick the enemy Religious box?

DeletedUser112594

If I am attacking a villa out of my Church range, my Troops will not be religious but the enemy troops will be, right? Untick my Religious box and tick the enemy Religious box?

1st question: depends if there is church in THAT town or THAT town is in "area of influence" of church from another of their town.
2nd: yes

DeletedUser

Easiest way to explain churches is the following:

Attacking villages use the religion of the village the attack originates from, not the target village.
Defending villages us the religion of the village under attack, not the village the support originates from.

That means defensive villages CAN be useful while not under a church, just as long as you only use the troops as support and don't try to defend them. It also means offensive villages can attack, and noble, outside of your church area at full fighting power.

Religion also isn't classed as morale. You can have 50% morale on someone, and on top of that take an additional 50% penalty from attacking with a village not covered by a church.

Doubling up a church radius can be useful, but is not advised in most cases. A religion count of 2 does not power up your troops, it just means that village will still be under a church radius if one of your churches is demolished, catted, or nobled.

Hope this helps and is less confusing than the above posts.

-Vash