Club House.

Deleted User - 4669627

which contender tribe has done more recruiting than no? no offense ;)

Jobless

Offemse to who? xD If you mean our high tribal swaps then I have to say that since we got cry me a river as a recruiter we have barely recruited anyone.

kekua

Offemse to who? xD If you mean our high tribal swaps then I have to say that since we got cry me a river as a recruiter we have barely recruited anyone.

Whats the point of recruiter if he is not recruiting? o_O

Well morales and goals look all good on paper, but there is so much that can and will go wrong with it, starting with activity - quitting and inactivity is the most harmful thing to tribe, no tribe is secured against it, no tribe can be secured against it. If any top tribe lost there top 3 players, tribe would be in danger, at this stage the rest would have to start playing safe again, but this is nothing new, only difference thees days worlds are so small that top players are not really replaceable.

kekua

Meh early game we didn't realy followed the recruitment one. But since i have taken over and we got the right players anyway we do live up to those standards.

Well I do look on this a bit differently, call me wrong, but I think recruitment is part of this game, a major part. I do agree recruit to win is wrong, how ever tactical recruitments as spoils of war are acceptable and if you don't take in best of what your enemy had, then with that war you gained nothing, the rest of world will just pass over you and eat you up.

On W87 I was general of enemy tribe, trusted right hand of duke, how ever duke left, tribe split and at that situation I had to find right place for my men, to get them to safety and to get them to world end (where most of them did get as winers). We joined our enemy, tribe that took us in with me as front-liner took out 2 more K's and worlds core, thus ensuring victory - I don't consider our recruitment as recruit to win, it was tactical move to gain control and players that can bring tribe to the end, loyal, skilled and active players.

So if you can get world end contender players, that are loyal, skilled and active, letting them pass is not honor or some other high ground, but pure tactical mistake in my book (If STD had to fight my crew on w87, world could have ended differently).

DeletedUser120871

The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting. However, all warfare is based on deception.

TP, Duke of SunTzu, making a return to TW for the first time since finishing up on W39 with A-21 and W42 with ModWar (although I was duke of Bio! for a little while). Yep, it's been a while. I see I am not the only one from W42 around these parts.

EDIT: I've been thinking about it and seem to remember the name Kekua from W39

Last edited by a moderator:

kekua

The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting. However, all warfare is based on deception.

TP, Duke of SunTzu, making a return to TW for the first time since finishing up on W39 with A-21 and W42 with ModWar (although I was duke of Bio! for a little while). Yep, it's been a while. I see I am not the only one from W42 around these parts.

EDIT: I've been thinking about it and seem to remember the name Kekua from W39

Don't seem to find your tribe, and well I have played allot of worlds, starting from w2 and upwards. :)

Don't remember 39, could be my tourism world. How do you remember me, was I nasty, as I should be nasty around that time, was 17-18 year old arrogant kid back then (arrogance never left me, I guess). :D

DeletedUser120871

Don't seem to find your tribe, and well I have played allot of worlds, starting from w2 and upwards. :)

Don't remember 39, could be my tourism world. How do you remember me, was I nasty, as I should be nasty around that time, was 17-18 year old arrogant kid back then (arrogance never left me, I guess). :D

I myself was quite young when I last played, a foolish 14-15 year old. I've never been that great at early game, although I did become quite renowned for my mid-late game abilities (and by abilities I mean being a typical 15yo spending 12+ hours a day on my computer - made me an expert in nobling, sniping, faking, etc)

Our tribe should come up when you search for it. Or you can try this link (sorry for the long linktag isn't working for some odd reason): http://www.twstats.com/en94/index.php?page=tribe&id=2244&utm_source=en&utm_medium=tribe&utm_campaign=dsref

I
don't remember you exactly, just the name that seems familiar. Or maybe you were on W63 forums, although I quit the game shortly after I started on that world and only returned 2 days ago.

DeletedUser120871

welcome back, modwar was a beast in 42 & bio

A really great group of guys and gals. Sadly, many of them quit after finishing up there but I do still keep in touch with a couple. Might be able to convince them to make a comeback or something

Deleted User - 4669627

rumour has it...

w100 will be a comeback world for old school players

Deleted User - 4669627

Well I do look on this a bit differently, call me wrong, but I think recruitment is part of this game, a major part. I do agree recruit to win is wrong, how ever tactical recruitments as spoils of war are acceptable and if you don't take in best of what your enemy had, then with that war you gained nothing, the rest of world will just pass over you and eat you up.

On W87 I was general of enemy tribe, trusted right hand of duke, how ever duke left, tribe split and at that situation I had to find right place for my men, to get them to safety and to get them to world end (where most of them did get as winers). We joined our enemy, tribe that took us in with me as front-liner took out 2 more K's and worlds core, thus ensuring victory - I don't consider our recruitment as recruit to win, it was tactical move to gain control and players that can bring tribe to the end, loyal, skilled and active players.

So if you can get world end contender players, that are loyal, skilled and active, letting them pass is not honor or some other high ground, but pure tactical mistake in my book (If STD had to fight my crew on w87, world could have ended differently).
you will appreciate these couple of examples ;)

in w59, we started 19 accounts spread across 5 continents, with 0 diplomacy :eek:
we sat each other to make sure accounts were at max activity & took top ranks in each k
we recruited 1 player (raghu) in first month, then officially opened recruitment a week later...

w94 began 1.5 months ago tomorrow
you can see we had 50 tribe changes in first 1.5 months (in a MUCH larger world)
pnut has 67, t-c-o has 63, we could have recruited a dozen more & still had less than any top 10 tribe

in w64 you see similarity...

Then on 17th & 18th

Screenshot_2017-06-27-12-51-11.png

o_O

some folks tried to argue that I mass-recruited on both world's lmao
having the lowest amount of tribe changes of any top tribe kills that argument though
besides, I didn't approach a tribe & say "merge your top 20" lol
I spotted potential recruits weeks before we opened recruitment, followed their progress, chatted with them, counted slots, consulted maps
I recruited individuals I had considered for weeks
when we open recruitment, every slot is already accounted for & there is a wait list lol

so yeah, recruitment is absolutely a vital tool which should be used tactically
best tactic I can recommend for keeping tribe changes down while building a powerhouse, a proven 1, is don't recruit before the top players in the area begin nobling, there is no need, yet that is when most tribe changes take place lol

in each of those MUCH larger worlds, I had less tribe changes than any w94 top ten tribe in the same period
the difference is the amount of players recruited before they or anybody near them could noble

:rolleyes:

Deleted User - 4669627

I am thinking to open a PP Skype Chat for trading, debate, instruction

a lot of old players could benefit from discussion on the topic
a lot of pro pp "abusers" could benefit from a chat with other big time players on the markets
atm trading is pure chaos, a little order could be a huge payoff for those with the "insider" information
too much order might kill it. idk, things to debate.

pp has become the economics of tw
economy is always the biggest issue
this aspect of tw deserves it's own chat

I will post a thread soon with details

Deleted User - 4669627

I have another reply to kekua's post coming later

kekua

I am thinking to open a PP Skype Chat for trading, debate, instruction

a lot of old players could benefit from discussion on the topic
a lot of pro pp "abusers" could benefit from a chat with other big time players on the markets
atm trading is pure chaos, a little order could be a huge payoff for those with the "insider" information
too much order might kill it. idk, things to debate.

pp has become the economics of tw
economy is always the biggest issue
this aspect of tw deserves it's own chat

I will post a thread soon with details

Yes, I completely agree you on PP system and market, I myself have been using it as PP and res gaining ground, never loose anything, just gain stuff, how ever it has no order, it is random, and I don't like that, that could be changed, with few more good players in that area!

About recruitment, well all you told was right, how ever recruitment in general is not about taking in random good players, but rather assets, so at start no player outside your own circle can really be asset, in later games when you have seen what player do and say, you can see who is asset and who is not.

Recruitment is art, and as art it has many different angles and techniques, as long as you fallow your style and think about what and why you are doing, your recruitment will be good and will bring succes, bigger or smaller, but still.

Recruitment is part of this game, big part, but there are allot more things to take in consideration, and recruitment is not even on top of them.

What about diplomacy, world I won, my tribe played no diplomacy at all game, and won, I kind of like the idea, any thoughts?

DeletedUser

Yes, I completely agree you on PP system and market, I myself have been using it as PP and res gaining ground, never loose anything, just gain stuff, how ever it has no order, it is random, and I don't like that, that could be changed, with few more good players in that area!

About recruitment, well all you told was right, how ever recruitment in general is not about taking in random good players, but rather assets, so at start no player outside your own circle can really be asset, in later games when you have seen what player do and say, you can see who is asset and who is not.

Recruitment is art, and as art it has many different angles and techniques, as long as you fallow your style and think about what and why you are doing, your recruitment will be good and will bring succes, bigger or smaller, but still.

Recruitment is part of this game, big part, but there are allot more things to take in consideration, and recruitment is not even on top of them.

What about diplomacy, world I won, my tribe played no diplomacy at all game, and won, I kind of like the idea, any thoughts?
I like the idea but it's taking the hard way. Just depends on what you want as a tribe in whole.
No diplomacy at all should not be a problem for our tribe at this point since we only have little front-line with other big tribes like nn pnut and Bold.

However, when the game progresses further those will be the only tribes left (some may get replaced but you get the idea).
This means all tribes will have huge front lines which his hard to handle if enemies use diplomacy and you don't.

So its not impossible but its a hard thing to do i would say.

Regarding recruitment since i took that over at our tribe pretty much no one came in. This is because we got a good roster at this point in time and position is good. This means that if you wanna join you have to be a great player and don't block to much noble space of other members which is hard at this point in time.

Ev0L

Reaction score
Oh hello there gentlemen,

I was just walking by and spotted this nice lil place so i was curious what was inside, nice to meet you all, i see you got the whiskeys out, yeah sure, but before we start boys lets make the connection on another level
w6N9k_s-200x150.gif

Last edited: