Cohesive Delirium

DeletedUser100410

Going through tribe stats i saw CODE that still has a good amount of OD from the past.

The i saw their former members and found lots of actual OHYEAH players.

As i am quite new to this world and this forum, can someone fill me in on the history of this tribe?

Were they attacked by MoM and disbanded? whats the story?

thanks in advance

DeletedUser

CODE collapsed under the threat of a MoM attack and disbanded. Some joining OHYEAH, some joining MoM sparking the MoM-OHYEAH war. Once MoM was ganked the MoM code fled to OHYEAH, sparking the -MM- - OHYEAH war.

DeletedUser95593

As far as im aware MoM never threatened to attack CODE. MoM had plans elsewhere, it was just CODE leadership being overly paranoid.

DeletedUser

As far as im aware MoM never threatened to attack CODE. MoM had plans elsewhere, it was just CODE leadership being overly paranoid.

Fair enough. CODE fear of a MoM threat of attack caused them to collapse.

DeletedUser

CODE fell because most original players had quit like me because of RL before even S-D war

DeletedUser

Total and complete tribal leadership failure in the OHYEAH war, a war Code should have easily won with competent leadership and activity. Though I cant keep myself entirely blameless, I was a marginalized part of the leadership, though I did do my job and worked up the only stuff in that war that worked.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

why every tribe you are a part of its leadership fail nemesis :D just asking.....

DeletedUser

This is very popular statement: when tribe fails it is leadership failure. Generally leadership does very little in
comparison to the rest of players, in the other words they can only make life more difficult because of leader
personality complex. Very rarely you have exceptional players who are able to homogenize tribe during war,
design exceptional tactic and succeed.

Look moms for instance - 17 players still around not because of leadership but because they are ALL good
individuals. What so called leadership did to MOMs had only negative impact - so that many good
players left tribe, which is not surprising if tribe had 12 (if i remember correctly) barons (read alter egos).

Did anyone take down ALBANIAN when he was in stand alone mode (eg not part of MOMs) ? Not really.

So in nutshell, leave the leadership thinking that they are leading something. If you are looking for success
become a skilled "point whore" with 600 villages and everyone will stay away.

Total and complete tribal leadership failure in the OHYEAH war, a war Code should have easily won with competent leadership and activity. Though I cant keep myself entirely blameless, I was a marginalized part of the leadership, though I did do my job and worked up the only stuff in that war that worked.

DeletedUser

This is very popular statement: when tribe fails it is leadership failure. Generally leadership does very little in
comparison to the rest of players, in the other words they can only make life more difficult because of leader
personality complex. Very rarely you have exceptional players who are able to homogenize tribe during war,

Look moms for instance - 17 players still around not because of leadership but because they are ALL good
individuals. What so called leadership did to MOMs had only negative impact - so that many good
players left tribe, which is not surprising if tribe had 12 (if i remember correctly) barons (read alter egos).

Did anyone take down ALBANIAN when he was in stand alone mode (eg not part of MOMs) ? Not really.

So in nutshell, leave the leadership thinking that they are leading something. If you are looking for success

Strong leadership is crucial for the long term success of a tribe. They are in charge of diplomacy, recruitment, ops and the direction the tribe will move in and all long term goals. They are also responsible for maintaining a good level of activity amongst the members. Without proper leadership, you have tribes like OhYeah who were sitting around like lost sheep when MoM first launched on them. Even when MoM was gangbanged, they just couldn't get it together.

MoM's turnaround came from a very crucial decision made by their Duke, Carlini. He did whatever was necessary to ensure his tribe's survival.

You make it sound like being a leader is some ego boost. It's only those who have never been a true leader for their tribe that will speak like you. A true leader must dedicate endless hours, troops, etc to their tribe and then manage their own account on top. It's a LOT of hard work, not just extra dots near your name in the members' list.

As for "skilled point whores", they are killed with ease (for example, some of the ex-Tag players and KT). The only reason Alb was not killed is because tribes were trying to recruit him. Had he been a useless nub, he would have been dead long ago.

DeletedUser

Codelol..

Didn't they drop their NAP with us when we were warring 2? Other tribes... Arrow sent a few nukes to their front and the NAP was back in no time.

DeletedUser

If a tribe fails it is the leaderships fault. The leadership make the decisions that affect what happens. If it is a player revolt it is how the leadership handled the players. If a tribe declares on them, it is how the leadership treated them etc.

Believing everything you read on the forums is a pretty stupid move. MoM never had 12 barons. If you think leadership does nothing then you have not had any experience of it or have had some pretty awful leadership in the past.

MoM always knew he was coming home so why would we.

Being Duke is all about making the hard unpopular decisions. It is easy to make the calls that everyone wants. You do what is best for the tribe no matter what.

DeletedUser

One of our "so called" leadership left to to W2V.

MoM's leadership right now is as solid as it's ever been.

DeletedUser

Ask gregoun too, don't think his always part of the leadership though :p

No, I've been part of leadership on every tribe on this world - and every tribe other then MoM has died :p

Though to be fair, just won w36 and W49 ending in about a month :icon_cool: And no, I'm not in leadership on either of those two tribes lol :p

I just think that the area of the west where I am is so volatile. We had Haul/Evolve/Ohyeah, loads of tribes here. We've had so many tribes come and go and collapse around the k52-54 areas (Balls, etc).....
It's just a really bad area :p

One Last Ride

Skilled Soldier 2017
Reaction score

Kimmy ... (facepalm)

Strong leadership is crucial for the long term success of a tribe. They are in charge of diplomacy, recruitment, ops and the direction the tribe will move in and all long term goals. They are also responsible for maintaining a good level of activity amongst the members. Without proper leadership, you have tribes like OhYeah who were sitting around like lost sheep when MoM first launched on them. Even when MoM was gangbanged, they just couldn't get it together.

MoM's turnaround came from a very crucial decision made by their Duke, Carlini. He did whatever was necessary to ensure his tribe's survival.

You make it sound like being a leader is some ego boost. It's only those who have never been a true leader for their tribe that will speak like you. A true leader must dedicate endless hours, troops, etc to their tribe and then manage their own account on top. It's a LOT of hard work, not just extra dots near your name in the members' list.

As for "skilled point whores", they are killed with ease (for example, some of the ex-Tag players and KT). The only reason Alb was not killed is because tribes were trying to recruit him. Had he been a useless nub, he would have been dead long ago.

very true

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Kimmy ... (facepalm)

surprisingly, I wasn't one of the paranoid one's about MoM ;-) we all thought they "might" attack one day, but that wasn't our issue. our main issues were internal ones.