Coming to an end...

orionlukas

Well there are TDH! members left, so they will be creaming their undercrackers with all them big fat juicy barbs on offer!

Well one of the lasting legacies of PamP. Her guys are still standing strong (more or less) and in unenviable position of being one of the last nominal resistances to ModWar. Hats off for that, I guess.

For the last holdouts still remaining the fun is derived from denying victory to ModWar for as long as possible. But how long can you do that for without losing interest and feeling like you're not wasting your premium points on a hopeless action?

DeletedUser

Sorry to see Nyuk die, damn good tribe, and I'm sure we would have been able to thrash ModWar.

Targas out.

DeletedUser91907

Well one of the lasting legacies of PamP. Her guys are still standing strong (more or less) and in unenviable position of being one of the last nominal resistances to ModWar. Hats off for that, I guess.

For the last holdouts still remaining the fun is derived from denying victory to ModWar for as long as possible. But how long can you do that for without losing interest and feeling like you're not wasting your premium points on a hopeless action?

They aren't original TDH and they are not standing strong they are standing in line to be eaten we are eating them at a furious pace, just a matter of getting to them with so much food all around. I've worn out 2 new sporks in the last week alone :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

Sorry to see Nyuk die, damn good tribe, and I'm sure we would have been able to thrash ModWar.

Targas out.

The way I see it is Modwar played it smart by holding strong on Nyuk's border while expanding all other directions. Nyuk had several really good players, but nowhere to expand. They really should have stayed at war with KTA instead of throwing a tantrum because Modwar started warring KTA. That would have given them the room to expand and grow larger. When Nyuk stopped all wars except the one with Modwar, they really began the start of the end for them.

DeletedUser

Congrats ModWar. I knew you guys were trouble when you only had 2/3 Ks of dominance. I was one of your victims, granted I was not too pleased as too how I became a victim but nevertheless, Congrats.

And a big shout out to all former tribe mates who are sharing in the glory. I know they earned the position in the tribe. Just wish I coulda been one of them. *sigh

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser94483

Seen some old names here...Congrats btw scuba...and druid you talk of people coming out of the wood work in your own woodwork post :p

DeletedUser85711

Congrats, I suppose. I wanted to stay off this forum but some how managed to find my way into it. Nyuk has basically been ran by less than 10 people since before Dos X crumbled. I rage quit, Core moved and only had a little laptop that couldn't keep up with all the villages, and the ones that remained couldn't keep the tribe afloat -- which I can't really blame them.

Ruey - Parz never had anything negative to say about anyone. He works long days, something I could prob say you know nothing of. Care to enlighten us to who you really are now that shit is done?

As far as NAPing KTA and not being able to grow goes, it wasn't my decision and was made in my absence, but that wasn't the problem. We've hardly grown since we warred wick3d and never really got the war spoils since then. I think we gained like 2-3 K's since we warred them which obviously wasn't enough in the long run. Feel free to check out some old maps if you care to -- the increase in size on our end was depressing.

Anyway, have fun noobs <3

orionlukas

Well... it looks like there is some sort of a last ditch anti-ModWar resistance organizing itself with these YEP people.

We have 68 players (or better say accounts) remaining in W42:
31 one of them are in ModWar
24 in YEP and
13 sitting on the sidelines.

Can these 24 holdouts really stop the inevitable?

DeletedUser91907

Well... it looks like there is some sort of a last ditch anti-ModWar resistance organizing itself with these YEP people.

We have 68 players (or better say accounts) remaining in W42:
31 one of them are in ModWar
24 in YEP and
13 sitting on the sidelines.

Can these 24 holdouts really stop the inevitable?

In a word ....hmmmmm.....NO! :icon_wink: 2 months , 3months even 4 doesnt matter they will succumb to the will of Mod Corp.

Green
Vice President in charge of nothing
Mod Corp

DeletedUser

Well, the shared Happy Holidays forum turned bad real quick. It's funny how those getting demolished are so quick to spurt rude comments.

DeletedUser87877

Well, the shared Happy Holidays forum turned bad real quick. It's funny how those getting demolished are so quick to spurt rude comments.

Evidently I came into it too late and you guys had already "unshared" the forum, so I will post here what I posted there, that was never meant as a place to personally attack people and I for one am not pleased that is the way it turned out, Anybody mad at me in either tribe for posting this...tough cookies, the attacks never should of gotten personal on either side, so here it is

YEP - PamP on 28.12.2012 at 20:14Quote Edit Delete
Boy this went south fast, lol....This was put up all in good fun to wish you guys the best of the holiday season, all of you and to have a little good natured bantering. Basic bottom line is that no matter how we all got here or stayed here....we all deserve to be here to see the world end. We may not all agree with the way we all have accomplished that, but hey you all have to admit, each individual strategy worked lol. And if we all used the same exact strategies, this game would be boring as hell, there have been so many interesting and funny twists and that is due to each of us having individual ideas and personalities, and thats what has kept it interesting for almost three years, Most of us go way the hell back and if nothing else should all respect each other for sticking it out and NOT hitting the delete button like so many cowards before us. I have immense respect for each person left standing on this world, they are the kind of people that i surround myself with in real life, cause they never give up and always have your back. i said it three months ago and i will say it again, I am proud to have played with each one of you. So lets try to keep the bantering fun and enjoy what we have left, lets end the world not only as probably the longest played world but also the classiest end. No personal attacks, please. As far as the comments being directed at Jess, I can personally say, I dont know her at all, have never spoken more than ten words to her, if that many..but you got to give a girl credit, regardless of if she did all the planning and scheming on her own, or if she surrounded herself with a "kickass" council, modwars game and diplomacy have been done almost flawlessly...."girls got game" :p That being said, I would hope you would show us some of the same respect, you have played with us all long enough, you know we are not going to just hand you the world lol...whats the fun in that?

DeletedUser

From the moment i joined ModWar it has always had female leadership, and i have always said if you have sensible female leadership your chances of winning are greater!

Lets look at it:

Dos X had QA in leadership, ok, they got put out to stud, but up till we attacked they seemed to be doing ok.

Nyuk has MonI. Dont know her that well, but from the few conversations i did have she was 1 tough cookie, was loyal till the end, kudos to her for that.

TDH! Had you PamP. Love you or hate you you ARE still around, BUT that is not for being a skillful player vbut merely for running from where you and your tribe were getting pummelled and setting up safe haven in and amongst friends. Clever strategy, but wether or not it will actually see you through to the end i highly doubt that...

ModWar had Jill when i joined. She was and is a tough cookie, but fair. She planned many awesome op's, and for a while pretty much kept the tribe together. Her departing would of killed ModWar had she not seen the good fortune of leaving more than capable leadership in charge. Next we had the mike4599 account and evocablepanic. Both at the time, co-played, and both, at the time had female leadership along with me. It was sad to see fallo leave the Evo account, and for the account to step down as duke. BUT it also gave the chance for jess (once dal left the account) to step up to the board and make HER mark on ModWar history.

It is my firm belief that since Jess took control of ModWar it has slowly healed itself from the damage done before due to infighting and other things. We we stitched up previously by person/ppl we TRUSTED which left us in a precarious position, Jess re-assured us and LEAD us. Jess is a seriously chilled chick most of the time, not alot phases her, not even being pummelled in k's she knows she has little chance of keeping, she will just grind along, put it down to experience and make damn sure no-one else makes the mistakes that she made. For those of you that dont know myself and Jess had quite a heated discussion sometime ago, that could of led to me taking the account from ModWar and deleting or playing with myself (which i do alot btw :D). I was the cause of the argument, i started it, and i pusehd for the actions that were forthcoming even though jess wanted us to wait until certain other actions were put in place.

At no time has jess held this against me, not once. In fact it has made our relationship stronger, i can say what i think to Jess and vice versa, and no-one takes it to heart.

Surrounding Jess was the rest of the ModWar council. devdj, MBM, myself, pawpaw, ovis, eye of the tiger, and others. Each one of us contributing our own ideals and opinions into ModWar and how it was run. Let me re-assure you that ModWar council (and general tribe players) is and always will be a unbreakable family unit.

So, i owe my position in ModWar to 3 ppl.

Firstly i need to say thanks to Jill for having the good grace, patience and balls to let me co-play this awesome account in the MOST awesome tribe this game will ever see. I made her a promise, and i will stick to that.

Then i need to thank Jess for putting up with my emo rage's, my ignoring orders and doing what i wanted when i was bored, but even more so for keeping my account alive when i had my stroke. I fully expected to come back to find i was being eaten, and was so damn happy when i found out i wasnt!

Finally, i owe darkcrusader99 player himself a massive thanks. We got talking when i was in WOH, and during the WOH/~T~ war we attacked each other, BUT no in a malicious "i'm going to take your villages and eat you noob" way, but literally as a bit of fun when we were bored etc. When i lost my net during the ~T~ war i logged back in from a net cafe to find an email from him saying "Hey man you better not have quit" and then asking me if i wanted to co-play him. I have to admit, that he was the only account i would of been interested in co-playing at that time, so im damn glad i made the right decision.

Now to the rest of us left in ModWar on w42, lets finish this, then we can all go back to our lives knowing, despite the haters and the nay-sayers, that we did our best, and as a result, we deservedly won w42!!

DeletedUser87877

Now thats the kind of post I like to see.....GO GIRLS!!!! :icon_biggrin:

And thanks for the kudos (I think, lol) jay, Only thing i disagree with is you saying my strategy may not get me to the end....It already has my friend....We are there!!! Yay! You are correct in saying my skill did not get me here (anyone who has seen one of my trains or tried to teach me to send one knows that.....god bless acbr among many), when I first joined this world, I knew exactly one person when i joined this world (kimkhan), what did get me here was the relationships that i built with ppl along the way. There were a lot of people on this world that would protect me at all costs, that was due to the fact that I proved my loyalty and honesty on many occasions. And yes some of that support in k77 did come from some old mod players :p What my reputation in w42 gave myself and my tribemates was options...each and every time someone tried to take us out, and i took advantage of each of those hands extended in friendship lol. We have each played the game in our own way and taken advantage of our individual strenghs, but isnt that what its about in the end. I think the girls on W42 did damn good for themselves :)

DeletedUser75632

[spoil]From the moment i joined ModWar it has always had female leadership, and i have always said if you have sensible female leadership your chances of winning are greater!

Lets look at it:

Dos X had QA in leadership, ok, they got put out to stud, but up till we attacked they seemed to be doing ok.

Nyuk has MonI. Dont know her that well, but from the few conversations i did have she was 1 tough cookie, was loyal till the end, kudos to her for that.

TDH! Had you PamP. Love you or hate you you ARE still around, BUT that is not for being a skillful player vbut merely for running from where you and your tribe were getting pummelled and setting up safe haven in and amongst friends. Clever strategy, but wether or not it will actually see you through to the end i highly doubt that...

ModWar had Jill when i joined. She was and is a tough cookie, but fair. She planned many awesome op's, and for a while pretty much kept the tribe together. Her departing would of killed ModWar had she not seen the good fortune of leaving more than capable leadership in charge. Next we had the mike4599 account and evocablepanic. Both at the time, co-played, and both, at the time had female leadership along with me. It was sad to see fallo leave the Evo account, and for the account to step down as duke. BUT it also gave the chance for jess (once dal left the account) to step up to the board and make HER mark on ModWar history.

It is my firm belief that since Jess took control of ModWar it has slowly healed itself from the damage done before due to infighting and other things. We we stitched up previously by person/ppl we TRUSTED which left us in a precarious position, Jess re-assured us and LEAD us. Jess is a seriously chilled chick most of the time, not alot phases her, not even being pummelled in k's she knows she has little chance of keeping, she will just grind along, put it down to experience and make damn sure no-one else makes the mistakes that she made. For those of you that dont know myself and Jess had quite a heated discussion sometime ago, that could of led to me taking the account from ModWar and deleting or playing with myself (which i do alot btw :D). I was the cause of the argument, i started it, and i pusehd for the actions that were forthcoming even though jess wanted us to wait until certain other actions were put in place.

At no time has jess held this against me, not once. In fact it has made our relationship stronger, i can say what i think to Jess and vice versa, and no-one takes it to heart.

Surrounding Jess was the rest of the ModWar council. devdj, MBM, myself, pawpaw, ovis, eye of the tiger, and others. Each one of us contributing our own ideals and opinions into ModWar and how it was run. Let me re-assure you that ModWar council (and general tribe players) is and always will be a unbreakable family unit.

So, i owe my position in ModWar to 3 ppl.

Firstly i need to say thanks to Jill for having the good grace, patience and balls to let me co-play this awesome account in the MOST awesome tribe this game will ever see. I made her a promise, and i will stick to that.

Then i need to thank Jess for putting up with my emo rage's, my ignoring orders and doing what i wanted when i was bored, but even more so for keeping my account alive when i had my stroke. I fully expected to come back to find i was being eaten, and was so damn happy when i found out i wasnt!

Finally, i owe darkcrusader99 player himself a massive thanks. We got talking when i was in WOH, and during the WOH/~T~ war we attacked each other, BUT no in a malicious "i'm going to take your villages and eat you noob" way, but literally as a bit of fun when we were bored etc. When i lost my net during the ~T~ war i logged back in from a net cafe to find an email from him saying "Hey man you better not have quit" and then asking me if i wanted to co-play him. I have to admit, that he was the only account i would of been interested in co-playing at that time, so im damn glad i made the right decision.

Now to the rest of us left in ModWar on w42, lets finish this, then we can all go back to our lives knowing, despite the haters and the nay-sayers, that we did our best, and as a result, we deservedly won w42!![/spoil]

Jay don't you know that all the people in ModWar are "Arrogant"? :icon_eek:

Given that if the ~T~ war was a month earlier and I was still duke, you probably would have never been admitted. You were that annoying obstacle that prevented us from ending W.O.H. earlier. It was not until Hager and I made Jill duke (Evo at the time as well) that Dark and Jill allowed you to hop on the ModWar train. Unfortunately I came back within a month, but Hagernoob never did.

I was not in favor of you joining, but I trusted their assessment/judgement. Regardless, what I am trying to say is that I was wrong about you and we gained a very valued and eventually trusted member
. Albeit you did give me plenty of reason to doubt you. :icon_cool:

DeletedUser

Hehe, you know you lurve me phil :*

Thanks for correcting me on the facts, wasnt 100% sure how things transpired as my memory isnt what it used to be - old age it seems :O

darkaniken2

They were hardly the only ones throwing insults and rude comments.

DeletedUser94483

Da...What account are you on now? Same one as ever? Also happy holidays to my friends in mod and my friends in yep...Hopefully I get enough time to grow to make my death on this world as interesting as my survival in the early days...

DeletedUser

Can't remember MonI so much, but it was ages ago.

But Thankyou Arith, was always on to help, and set up some great ops. When I was on Targas with that core of people in Nyuk. LG, Arith etc., It was great fun, and one of my most favourite worlds I ever played.

DeletedUser85711

If it wasn't for MonI we wouldn't have made it as far as we did. She never wanted credit for it, but her and I were the ones that would take on a sit and turn it into a brick wall. If you hit an inactive account and all the sudden started getting raped via it, it was a 50/50 chance that it was either her or I. She never wanted the attention so she could stay away from receiving incoming on her own account, but she is the only one I'd trust in taking on an account and having 100% faith that within 24 hours the losses would cease. She is probably the only other person in Nyuk that sat as much, if not more, than myself. Truly an asset above any one else.

As far as being a coward for deleting (or Mod deserving the world for that matter :p), I'd beg to differ but that's neither here nor there. Only came here to say happy holidays to you poor excuses for TW players <3

Hope you guys have/had a great New Year party.

DeletedUser

I certainly do not think of Nyuk as cowards, I personally have never met a tribe as hard to crack as Nyuk, for a long time after you launched I actually thought we would fold. The sitting takes its toll on your morale, I know that through both wars with Nyuk and Dos so my hat goes off to both you and Moni for all the effort thats been put in over the years.

Happy new year to you all, I vowed to finish tw after this world but you will find me on the edge of w66, at least until I get rimmed :p