Comment & Critique my Latest

• Thread starter King Mat the 1st
  • Start date

DeletedUser

Looking to improve so anything constructive welcomed!! Here are my latest attempts...

kyle3.jpg

orphanage5.jpg

orphanage4.jpg

orphanage2a.jpg

5. (Done by following a tutorial)
orphanage3b.jpg

Tillyboy

1: Not good enough for me to waste my time 2/10

2: The girl in the hands was very poorly out out, I can still see the circle mark left by the eraser >.> It is quite bland but the text is decent. (3.5/10)

3: Average text, a little crowded but it is the sig's only saving grace. (5/10

4: Very monotone, the text is better but the layer beneath it is at too high of an opacity. (5/10)

5: Very crowded (Left side) and overall not difficult to make. Good concept but poor execution. (2.5/10)

Overall: 3.6/10

DeletedUser

Hmm, ok well I'm a beginner so wasn't expecting great things. But I don't find any of your comments very constructive nor encouraging for someone that's looking to learn.

E.g. I realise that that sig is 4 is monotone... Is a monotone siggy always a bad thing then?

And for the record that's not the cut of the girl... Maybe I deleted a bit too much of the background flashy-light thing. But I didn't want too much of a light that side of the girl. I put the girl (who's got a circular curvature in her spine) alligned to the ball of the hand, which probably accentuated the deletion of the light... Didn't notice it until you pointed it out tbh, but I don't think it's a disaster and destroying the sig as a result.

I think it's safe to say I will be looking for feedback elsewhere in the future lol. Somewhere where people are more interested in helping rather than bashing! :lol:

Tillyboy

The second one is a great concept, it's just that your background is a plain C4d.

The first one has too many focal points, something that ruins most signatures. Try only having one focus point.

The third, never use that type of background unless you are going for a total grunge signature. The lighting and text are good though, don't get me wrong.

The fourth is your best, even being monotone it is still very well blended.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Well the background for 1 is mostly done with brushes...

Here is num 1 without the only C4D I used... (can send you PSD if you do not believe me!)
kyle3withourc4d.jpg

I think too many people get caught up in the only one focal rule... I dont think it's ruined the sig in this case, but it's my little baby so am obviously going to think that :lol:. Hence why I still need to make posts like this to take off my blinkers!

What I don't like about the first one is the text, couldn't find anywhere decent to work it, probably because it's a bit more of a picture rather than a siggie.

Will keep your comments about the third in mind for future, although I must admit that one didn't come out exactly as I hoped, was going for an icy magic mist type thing :lol:

DeletedUser

Erm, yeah sometimes... What's wrong with that :icon_eek:

Sometimes I will use filters/smudging...