Closed Discussion Community Improvement

Status
Not open for further replies.

One Last Shot...

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Hello, Tribalwars Community!

It is time for another Thinktank. This time, we'd like to have a discussion about the community aspect of the game for new players.

There are lots of ways that new players can get engaged with the game in different ways, whether it is through discovering the external forums and the tools there and self-learning, or through relying on the mentoring system and those players who are able to provide valuable and fair advise accordingly. Personally, I have always found that being part of a tribe, experiencing the community aspect of the game that comes with it, is by far the best way to enjoy the game and be more likely to remain in a world or even playing the game itself.

It is the community element of the game, especially (but not only) relating to tribes, that we would like to explore today. We would like to receive players' experiences, opinions and suggestions that could help in improving this aspect of the game.

When responding, we'd appreciate it if you think about this from the position of 'how could we help newer players', those who don't have the contacts, previous world friendships or reputations that can be very useful at times in the game for getting into an already established community within the game.

We would love to hear your thoughts on this matter!

How easy it is to make new friends in the game? What are the issues you find with this? How could this be improved within the game?

What challenges are there for new players in finding a group or tribe in which to join? When a new player joins a tribe, do you feel they part of a community? How could this community aspect be encouraged or improved from a game aspect?

What adjustments, improvements and alterations could be made that might help new players get 'in' with and engaged with the community?

And...anything else that you feel has relevance to the theme of the ThinkTank :)

Thank you in advance for any and all opinions, suggestions and ideas put forward!

Frying Pan Warrior

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
Super easy, I just mail everyone around me a hello. Problem is not many players are introverts like me, and won't want to bug the players around them with a mail. We need a way to break the ice and make things more social.

Asuna

Reaction score
Making new friends is easy when both people want to, like Frying Pan Warrior said, I have tried to talk to my neighbours or even just other players so many times just to be ignored. Not sure how this could be improved but I think new players would have a better time if the players around them would talk to eachother more.

I also think there should be a push to use external services for tribes like discord/skype because the internal forums are ok, but they don't help build connections in a tribe, they only make plans clear. People will definitely stick around if they feel like they are playing in a group that like eachother/want to work with eachother than just a group that don't talk other than asking for support etc.

The best times I've had on this game are when I'm part of a tribe with mixtures of experienced and new players, and it definitely encourages them to stay and learn. I've tried getting loads of my friends to play before, but a lot of them give up because they get instantly farmed. That's part of the game though so I don't think there's a realistic solution to that, it happens to everyone when they begin they just have to go through it.

The mentoring system is a bit meh, I sign up for mentoring every world I play, half the time I don't get any and most of the rest are players who don't engage with it at all, when I'd gladly help them learn. Maybe some leaders could label tribes as for new players, but that would just mark them as easy targets lol. Maybe even make a tutorial world or something that new players could play on that has specific settings that simulate stuff happening so they can learn, for example having trains sent so they could learn about sniping etc - almost like a test world that could be messed around on or something. Idk just some thoughts.

Last edited:

Frying Pan Warrior

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
I think new players would have a better time if there players would talk to eachother more.

Interesting idea Asuna. New players can be placed into areas with players that have a high mail send rate!!! (Aka, the friendly players : ) )

Asuna

Reaction score
great, if they implement that I can just spam mail people to get easy food :D

Well yeah that's why there's no perfect solution to it people are always going to abuse something that gives an advantage, but if every new player is consistently beaten so hard that they quit, then inevitably the game will die

Arcward

Master Commander 2019
Reaction score
The core question that must be addressed here is this:

What challenges are there for new players in finding a group or tribe in which to join?

The ability to make friends and feeling a part of the community comes with finding a group you can really click with. I don't think there is any way to force a change in the community in regards to accepting new/unknown players. It's something that the leader must value, coming from the top.

To run a successful tribe you need a core team of veterans who know what they're doing, who can pave the way for others and set an example of what is to be expected. But as a leader, you should always be looking for strong additions to your roster, regardless of their experience. A player who is willing to learn from others and puts the work in daily is always welcome - but these traits are rare.

I'll give an example from my experience.

I had a new player mailing me daily, asking questions about farming efficiencies and strategies during startup. "What should I be doing to close the gap without having to spend a ludicrous amount of PP? What is an ideal build path at this stage? What scripts are you using, and how can I utilize them? How are you farming, and what is the best method?" etc. This player constantly put himself out there, asked for the resources needed to improve, and put the work in to truly learn about the game. We monitored his growth, farming and scav stats and eventually made the call to recruit him and another of his friends, winning together.

New players need to put themselves out there, and "elite" players need to get over their bias of wanting world-winners to join their tribes. Hell, more than half of the players with wins on their profiles are highly overrated and stuck in their ways, unwilling to learn. Taking a chance on a new/rim player who is doing the right things can pay off, with just a bit of investment.

Reflecting upon that experience, should a new player truly NEED to mail a top account to learn how to play the game effectively? I think this is a major flaw in the game environment, and as was touched on in this Thread - there is a need for some supplemental education on the actual mechanics and more advanced strategies of the game, endorsed by the game. Expecting a new player to come to the external forums and dig through guide after guide (of potentially even outdated info) is just illogical. An overhaul of the mentoring and quest system is truly needed for a new player who isn't outgoing and willing to ask questions to learn.

Mintyfresh

Skilled Soldier 18 & Master Commander 21 & 22
Reaction score
Firstly, i find this thread somewhat insulting considering that one on a very similar theme was done last year and literally nothing has changed since that point in time from any perspective.

Alright you could say that well that thread is closed and you want to reopen it to a fresh debate but im kinda confused to what exactly are you expecting to hear new here which hasnt already been said at some point.

But enough of that, personal problem not technically related to the topic at hand i guess. I'll post some of my thoughts but without the constraint of having to be 'neutral' this time.

I'ma take some time to explicitly play devils advocate for a moment to put down some of the potential extreme opinions on this topic.

I'd like to raise the following question: What is in it for me to improve the community? Given that i cant think of a single time in the last few years that there has been an Inno driven change towards improving the game for new players community-wise (please correct me with references if wrong) why is the burden now being passed onto the community to come up with a solution to a problem not of their devising?

If i reach out and take the literal hours/days of my personal time to try and improve the gameplay and experience of new players what do i personally benefit from it?

A) A potential new friend/ally to work with

As everyone knows todays ally is often tomorrows enemy. Opposite is also true. Why would i try and 'train' up a new player to only have them potentially come back after me in the next world?

B) It feels good to help people

Not being funny but if i wanted to 'help people' then i would go down and volunteer at my local soup kitchen or support centre. The only reason people help other people in a game is to experience their own easy and low-effort feel-good dopamine hit.

C) We were all new players once so you should be considerate of others too

Irrelevant if looking at extreme devils advocate position.

D) If nobody helps new players then the game will die out!

Again, how is that my problem? People have been saying the game will die when world 2 was launched and yet its still ticking over. Easy to dismiss as fear-mongering.

So basically you can easily say that as things stand there is literally no tangible benefit for me to reach out and improve new players community experience from a purely selfish and self-serving perspective. From my own experience, i personally at times reach out and create 'noob tribes' with the goal of helping people who want to learn the game and i can tell you that it is very hard to get people interested in the game who are not already pre-disposed to want to be interested in the game. I can drag a noob to water but i cant make him drink it. I'd say that like 80% of the new players i speak to dont log in again after a week. Lets be honest the game takes a very long time to actually be engaging and entertaining for a lot of new players. Contrast that to candy crush esque games that give you instant results after 5 minutes its no wonder player retention is so difficult.

Obviously a lot of the above isnt my personal thoughts on any of this but i feel like explicitly laying out things like this hopefully highlights what i feel the underlying problem is. There is no point applying potential band-aid fixes when the real problem is that Inno provides no support structure at all for the community. No i dont mean the monthly competitions and contests which are a hilariously pitiful token investment i talking meaningful effort. We have community managers (aka crowd controllers) which do a fine job at keeping things under control for the most part, but where are the community involvement managers?

If the game is hard to get into and hard to learn perhaps flattening the learning curve would help with that. Or you know putting a system in place to help new players when they get stuck. How about an SOS 'chat' button that new players can use to ask for (near) instant help from designated veteran 'helpers' when they dont know what to do. Kick out the outdated and laughable mentoring system that looks like it was designed in 2005 and put in something up to date with what people expect in 2020.

Now if i as an un-trained and non professional random joe can put together a potential workable/rough idea like that in 5 minutes imagine what an actual paid/trained professional community involvement manager could do.

Essentially my thoughts are that if Inno wanted to improve the community experience for new players in meaningful ways they could pry open their wallet and actually hire someone with money to make that their primary job role. In fact if they do that they can even have the suggestions i mentioned numerous times both publically and privately for free with no charge.

Finally i would like to highlight the irony of a thread asking essentially how to help new players join tribes for the community engagement when there are 'high profile' tribes out there right now that wont let coplayers into the tribe unless they have references or people to vouch for them. This is like the farce of seeing entry level jobs require 5 years work experience. Bit hard to take threads like this seriously when you take that into consideration.

Basic TLDR:

If inno wont pay for shit, dont expect shit to happen.

HotLikeDat

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Depends what you're after, and what inno is willing to do, as the blokes above me have pointed out tbh. Here's a few thoughts:

Quickish fixes:
1. Update the abysmal quest system which has been in place for absolutely ages, and teaches a very weird (and objectively bad) game-play to new players if they follow it strictly. Use the new system to Explain scripts, PP, tactics, actual good start-up ideas, the value of teamwork etc. as well as direct players to the externals, discord, friendly tribes who are willing to help new players, guides etc. I would be happy to spend time writing a new and up-to-date guide (with other players if necessary to gain some consensus) if inno supported it and it was made readily available and viewable to new players. Rather than buried on here where new players rarely go looking.

2. Scrap 'open' tribes. This leads to new players joining dead tribes and getting stuck there, not seeking to look for one that is actually active.

3. Update the mentoring system - have actually active new players paired with actually good and experienced mentors. There's large portions of 'mentors' who are pretty terrible players, and then put no effort in to helping their new guy, or just pass on their terrible advice. There needs to be a much better vetting process, and sure it is really difficult to actively mentor say 3 or 5 or 8 guys at once. Also a large number of the people I have been given to mentor were just inactive/never logged. This then takes the place of some active new guy who actually needs and would benefit from the help.

4. Increase the relocation time for new players. Give them longer to find a good tribe/some friends and then relocate to a good position. This basically puts a time-window on new players to find a good tribe near them. After the relocation goes, they're stuck and if they don't happen to be in a good position, they'll get mauled.

5. A global chat? I know we have a discord, but very few new players make it onto there. This might be unmanageable, I'm no programmer, but I know from my brief time playing clash of clans this was a pretty handy way of popping on, talking to people who were online right then, and then making friends/teaming up from there.

More nitty-gritty stuff which will probably never happen (not that the above will xd).
1. Even the playing-field in regards to PP (some kind of balancing to give new players at least a fighting chance of surviving if they're near to a PP whale).
2. Liaise with older players who are willing to help-out, by enabling them to more easily, and on a larger scale, assist and communicate with new players directly. Number of times I have personally offered help and been ignored/shut-down is pretty awful. Just trying to help!
3. Support teaching tribes?

Additional thought - may be extremely unpopular, but a world with no relocations, just random spawning? Force tribes to no-longer be premades but look for players once the world opens? Tough one as there is 2 sides to the coin. Forces people to make new friends etc.

H

Last edited:

One Last Shot...

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Relating to the mentoring system, one idea I personally have thought a bit about would be that the player wanting to be mentored has to fill out a text box explaining why they want to have a mentor. This could then be reviewed by players (with the mentor requests being anonymous) who could offer to mentor the player by responding to their post.

The player and mentor would both get some say in the choice of who to mentor, based on people who show a willingness to be mentored and a mentor who is willing to provide the best support for that individual.

At the moment it's a quest-and-forget setup, and players are 'given' people to mentor who have no intention of actually engaging with it.

This could then connect to some sort of (small) reward system for those players mentoring these players, perhaps dependent on the player being mentored providing a 'mentor rating' of the player which then provides something.

As an example (although by no means am I saying that this is the best option, merely how I'm visualising it in my head for clarity) having a 0-4 rating, where whichever number is given as a rating would be the level of flag gained (eg 0 would be nothing, 1 would be grey etc...) by the mentor.

valtheran88

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
I was planning on doing a lot of quotes and maybe a power point but I think I am just going to stick with a simple set of replies.

I think replace the mentor system with an in-game mentor position paying in premium. You apply to the position similar to an in game mod. Interview with an in game mod for it, then get assigned a world, from there newer accounts would be assigned your area as they load into the world. Only if a new account...if the account shows an x growth curve auto relocates to another area. For this to work worlds would have to be pushed to their older sizes with a similar barb distribution...not the 4 barbs for 50 players it currently is. The trainers on the world would form a tribe out of players they get to join who show merit of being new. Once a player joins a trainer tribe the trainer would submit their information to mods who would comb the account/ip information as they would for multi accounting except over all worlds to confirm that the new player is new...if they are new they get locked into the tribe for 3 months and if they show they are not they get kicked out and moved on.

Having more then 1 of these training groups per world would allow the trainers to train their players in wars against the other training tribes. This I feel would be more somewhat of a drastic change, though it would once rolling be more organic to the flow of how the game would work if you are not part of a premade tribe. It would also keep pp whales away from the newer players and provide an incentive to train. Go into a world and train a tribe of new players, earning pp and pp farming at the same time.

This would also have to warrant with some sort of grading system on a curve to keep the trainer actually training people up. If the tribe once locked in does not hit x mark and each member puts in a bad grade after a few weeks the trainer would be reviewed by in game staff...After the world has left early stage open that section of the world up like you would for leaving bp.

Basand

Senior In-Game Staff
Tribal Wars Team
Senior
Team
Speed Admin
Reaction score
Touching on what was said before, I really think that having an "SOS Chat" so to speak would be a brilliant move, provided the people responding have been vetted. Just think about how much time people are spending on these accounts and there is often down time that I am sure many of us would be willing to spend helping others if we just had an effective medium by which to do so.

As was said before, the "tutorial" is very... dated. Telling someone to build something doesn't help. That person needs to know why. I also think that the mail that is being sent out to introduce players to the game needs some... rethinking... "Hi this is TW, GL" is the TL;DR of that mail. Why not add some forum links to specific resources etc.

The mail gives a link to the forum (but no guidance), Facebook(go figure...), and the wiki. The wiki is great if you know what you are looking for.... but what about knowing to look for advanced strategies? Why is there no staff-made intro to the game that actually tells you some of the advanced strategies?

Something along the lines of "Hi, this game is complicated to learn in the beginning, massively time consuming and may cause you to lose your significant other, job, family, etc." and then proceed to list out of few advanced guides (maybe farming, timing, general village growths/builds) that they can click on to move to them. I firmly believe that many people will take the time to learn a game better than they know it now IF given the opportunity. If not, they will get annoyed and disappear.

I think implementing those two ideas alone would drastically increase quality of life for newer players and that is what will get them to stay, learn, and develop into crazed, TW-obsessed idi people.

DaWolf85

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
There seem to be a lot of suggestions about improving the mentoring system. Does anyone have any examples of other games with mentoring systems that could help us all see a bit better how something like that might work in practice?

Army of 2

Reaction score
There were a lot of suggestions in the earlier posts that came to my mind as well, so I won't be repeating those, although I might highlight some parts.
One Last Shot... said:
It is the community element of the game, especially (but not only) relating to tribes, that we would like to explore today.
When responding, we'd appreciate it if you think about this from the position of 'how could we help newer players', those who don't have the contacts, previous world friendships or reputations...

Both, experienced and new-to-the-game players cannot be forced into joining a particular tribe, nor should a duke/leader unwillingly offer guidance and tutoring to players that are inexperienced and not introduced to the basics of this game. There are those who will replace their less-experienced members with "elite" players, in order to "strengthen" their tribe and dodge the scenario in which he/she helps a novice learn how to play this game. It's just the way it is.

Asuna said:
The best times I've had on this game are when I'm part of a tribe with mixtures of experienced and new players, and it definitely encourages them to stay and learn.
Arcward said:
To run a successful tribe you need a core team of veterans who know what they're doing, who can pave the way for others and set an example of what is to be expected.
Arcward said:
I don't think there is any way to force a change in the community in regards to accepting new/unknown players.
But, what if there is?
Imagine a world with settings of "x" number of members per tribe, while 50% (or less) must be new players. The other half (or more) must be experienced players/veterans, call them whatever you like, but tribes in a world with this setting will be forced to educate their less experienced members and teach them the fundamentals of the game in order to perform on a competitive level.

How to know who-is-who?
Initial thought in my mind was, the account's in-game Years of Service achievement. A raw idea, the gold badge indicates the veterans, while bronze/silver marks a less experienced player. Maybe three levels of "experience" (bronze, silver, gold) and make a different proportion in the tribe's membership structure than what I proposed approximately in my previous paragraph/question.

While simultaneously writing my comment and reading other people's comments, even from the previous thread, I found a similar suggestion, which had a more detailed (if not, more evolved) approach regarding account's experience/rank, so this might be used as well, while figuring the best course of action:
Bjorn Ironside said:
1) Rank system - from 1 to 10 each player would have his own rank due to his gameplay and his achievements. For example new accounts would be rated with rank 1 since they didn’t play any world yet.

Veteran players, new accounts?
Yes, the flaw that everybody will notice is that a new account can have a veteran-player as an owner and that would, once again, allow a tribe to have 100% experienced players in the team.

Is there a way to prevent this?
Asuna said:
Well yeah that's why there's no perfect solution to it people are always going to abuse something that gives an advantage
New accounts won't even have close to how many flags an "old" account has, I see that as a disadvantage. If people are really going to bother with the creation of a new account, just so that they can "fool the system" (aka deceiving)... ironically, hats off to them.
I don't have an answer/idea on how to prevent veteran players from creating new accounts, but someone might have, feel free to add your thoughts.

DaWolf85

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Imagine a world with settings of "x" number of members per tribe, while 50% (or less) must be new players.
I think the question you have to ask with this is whether a tribe will deem it more valuable to play with new players or experienced players, straight up, without flags or inventories. That's all this does - it puts experienced players on the same new accounts that new players would be on.

And we can see from the days back before flags and inventories, tribes preferred experienced players even then. This is an admirable idea, and I wish it could work, but I strongly doubt it would do anything to solve the problem you're trying to solve.

Aretas

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Have a tribe member limit setting on a world. Have another setting where tribes can have 3-5 "additional" members who come from the current mentoring system. Thus tribes taking on "new" players gives them the advantage of having more members, and gives experienced players in said tribes more reason to actually actively teach, as they are in your tribe. To prevent "old" players on new accounts abusing the system, have the "new" players be assigned randomly via mentor system. Perhaps have the mentor system automatically relocate people who join this so that people can't just join near the tribe they want to join. New players who are joining with friends and want to join a specific tribe shouldn't need the mentor system, as they have friends to teach them, and "old" players on new accounts wouldn't want to risk the random part just to try and cheat the system. Allow every tribe the option to either take on "mentor system" recruits or not.

AuroraMoon

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
with how the games set up its hard to tell which players are actually new to the game
and which are secondary accounts made by experienced players for pp farming and what ever else reason they come up with.

as for tribes for beginners and the mentoring system in general
wouldnt both be a perfect opportunity for the mods/staff to get involved and nurture the new players a little
teaching them the skills needed that the quest system doesnt touch on
instead of relying on "the community".
you could even give the new accounts a few scripts and a premium account to start off with for a few worlds - so they dont have to find them or be given them by a nice player

now im willing and usually encourage members of tribes im in to ask questions and voice anything they have to say
and honestly its rare for them to actually speak up and ask questions to improve their experience in game
and its that lack of interest/communication that leads to bad experiences all round

as for keeping them around longer then a week - remove the aspects that give vets an advantage
*remove the pp exchange for the first month of a world (or 30days after joining a world if account is experienced) so new players aint demoralized seeing players 20times there size
*bring co-playing into the game officially like the account sitting system so activity is more balanced

lastly actually make changes (theres been plenty of suggestions by the community) rather then adding extra features and fluff with a pp hook attached

Deleted User - 848885670

How to know who-is-who?
Initial thought in my mind was, the account's in-game Years of Service achievement. A raw idea, the gold badge indicates the veterans, while bronze/silver marks a less experienced player. Maybe three levels of "experience" (bronze, silver, gold) and make a different proportion in the tribe's membership structure than what I proposed approximately in my previous paragraph/question.

While simultaneously writing my comment and reading other people's comments, even from the previous thread, I found a similar suggestion, which had a more detailed (if not, more evolved) approach regarding account's experience/rank, so this might be used as well, while figuring the best course of action:

Veteran players, new accounts?
Yes, the flaw that everybody will notice is that a new account can have a veteran-player as an owner and that would, once again, allow a tribe to have 100% experienced players in the team.

Is there a way to prevent this?

New accounts won't even have close to how many flags an "old" account has, I see that as a disadvantage. If people are really going to bother with the creation of a new account, just so that they can "fool the system" (aka deceiving)... ironically, hats off to them.
I don't have an answer/idea on how to prevent veteran players from creating new accounts, but someone might have, feel free to add your thoughts.
I like some of Army's points, but I did want to address some potential issues as well as offer a few suggestions of my own.

I do agree we need some way to differentiate new from veteran players. The Years of Service achievement contains a flaw in that it only marks those who have been at least somewhat continuously active over the course of years. Personally, I've just returned after a 6 year break from the game. Prior to that, I played roughly 6 years from 2008 to 2014. I was gone long enough and didn't think I was coming back ever, so my account info was deleted from the system. I've played start-up numerous times, been rimmed, rimmed others, won worlds, been rank 1, led tribes, won and lost wars, and played on many different settings. However, the system would still flag me as a new player. I know many players start new accounts for new worlds as well. I always thought it was particularly fun when joining a pre-made to choose an account name to match tribe theme. Those accounts would also get flagged as new.

On the flip side, the Years of Service achievement does not necessarily denote skill. I'm sure you can find players who've been here 10+ years that you may not want teaching newer players.

I saw early that an application process could be used. I would second this, with an added step of requiring a set number of recommendations from other players in the community. Generally, I feel that the player base has a pretty good handle on which players are consistently good. This could also help with identifying the players who are both good AND would be good teachers. I know I've met more than one player who was good at the game, but couldn't hold a simple conversation without starting an argument.

How to keep veteran players from abusing the system using new accounts? Remove anything abusable. This would mean that the only reward for going through the mentoring system would be knowledge. If you start adding a reward at the end like pp or flags, then you're going to have those who seek to abuse the system. Make it so that there's no real point for a veteran player to sneak into this mentoring system, unless they themselves really want a refresher and maybe a new look at how to approach the game from another vet.

I would also suggest making the mentoring system a group process, both for the teachers and the new players. This game is, fundamentally, a subjective game based on time and information. There is no one right way to play the game. Being informed by multiple players would do a better job at conveying that idea than learning from a single person about the 'right' way to play. Putting new players into groups learning together could also help foster the community aspect that has been noted many times already as being a major factor that keeps players around.

However, putting new players into these teaching groups should not be automated. Make it a very obvious button on the main screen to join that disappears after a set time (arbitrarily say 48 hours just for brainstorming purposes). Looking at any world, the large number of player villages sitting at 26 points should make it clear how many players register and start a world and then close their browser, never to return. If those players were to be autofilled into teaching groups, you would end up with many groups bogged down with absent players. This should help keep the teaching load manageable for the teachers, while also allowing vets on new accounts to bypass the system if they choose.

As for the quest system, I think it either needs a major overhaul, or needs to be abolished completely. It's a good idea in theory, but I feel like it doesn't go in depth enough to really teach a new player what to do. To do this, the text accompanying the quest would have to be long enough to impart understanding and stress the importance of each step, but I fear that would grow to be so lengthy as to not be new-player friendly.

Having played back before quests were first introduced, I really enjoyed the extra resources and troops awarded to help during start up. They're extremely useful in giving an early boost. After reflecting on this, however, I realize this is because I know what to do with these rewards. Those early spears and swords? Early micro-farming. But a new player has no idea what micro-farming is. With the first quest telling them to attack a barb, they have to wait, sometimes for hours, for a good chance of having a small haul return. Thinking back to when I first started, many people said I should farm, but not why I should farm. I vividly remember that it seemed like a waste of time based on the rate of return. I just didn't know how to do it properly way back then until someone took the time to better explain it to me. Again, we return to a form of mentoring imparting the important knowledge.

My personal opinions, years ago and still today, is that to a new player, the quest system isn't really teach them how to farm and grow. It's teaching them how to grow their village into a nice, juicy farm for someone else. Long after the first couple of quests directing you to attack barbs, the quest system continues to give you quests requiring you to upgrade your resource buildings. I've noted that they've added additional requirements to encourage players to keep building troops, but again falls short on explaining why or what kind. On top of that, if they failed to grasp the importance of farming, their resource income is going to be low, so they're going to prioritize building up the resource buildings before they ever prioritize troops, when it should be reversed.

So, in my opinion, the current quest system gives an advantage to veteran players who know what to do, while also reinforcing some poor strategies for newer players.

Jumpish

Reaction score
I think the problem is in order to chat people up, you need to specifically locate/target a player on the map or rankings and talk to the people.
It requires extra effort when talking to a complete stranger to find a common topic to talk about is already a challenge.

How about letting players talk to each other during an event where people get randomly assigned to a team?
The event is often completely unrelated to the gameplay and people usually get close when there's a common goal.
and honestly, I don't think it's technologically challenging for the Innogames to implement this to give it a try.

At least it's less efforts for the players to engage with other players wayyy further from you to have any effect in the real game.

For example, for the assault event ongoing right now, it would be nice to talk to these players and make a coordinated effort instead of just seeing the 1 player above me and 1 player below me in ranking.

It's like a nice chat roulette in a minigame.

As for the tribe forum engagement, I believe that's completely up to the individual and their willingness to speak up.
People are already engaging outside Tribal Wars (in Discord, etc.).
I don't think we need Tribal Wars to half-attempt being a Discord.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I think there is an easy fix to this.

When starting on new worlds, Player should be set into a tribe already of groups of 20 players where for the first 3 months of the game. They cant leave that group. (Tribe) This will give a mix of experienced and new players in each group. Im sure after the initial 3 month period where those experienced players cant leave the group they have been placed in will end up teaching the new players how to play, If they also want to get passed the 3 month period to be able to join up with their friends, It also gives a balance of tribes. You wont get one elite tribe dominating the server from day 1 till the end.

This will also give dukes a chance to shine. Best mentors her will previal

Status
Not open for further replies.