Closed Discussion Community Improvement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinko to Kuma

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
I would say that would be a hell of a world to play in!
It would also be the end of Tribal wars.

I was by no means implying all players in net employ such tactics! Simply that these tactics are much more commonly implemented.
Whereby using spies or fake diplomacy would be regarded negatively elsewhere, in net. it would very much be regarded as 'smart'.

Something which stuck to me was seeing war announcements posted on external forums with 1 week warning instead of breaking alliances overnight and starting attacks.

I think you need to get out of your PT bubble, PT isn't any more special than any other server. There are good and bad sides in every community.
Bringing all the servers together is inevitable, and is a great way to bring new life into the game. Right now the worlds are too small which makes the premades super strong and often worlds are already decided when they get started. Bringing in new communities will bring more premades like we got with the Swedes, Norwegians, especially since they merged into .net. Bringing strong competitors from all over the world together is simply far superior then letting a small minority stomp every world in their own tiny community.

Not only that, it would allow for UNIFIED rules, both game related, and script related, so we wouldn't have to deal with resources being split between markets = more efficient moderating since more moderators for the same version, more player interaction of support/CM, and especially being able to use every script that is approved no matter where. Right now, as a scripter, I have to submit my scripts to every. single. market. it's a huge waste of resources on innos side, and also a huge timewaste on mine. But we have to do it if we don't want people to get banned for using something that is popular in one server on a server its not yet approved on. I don't get how you can't see all the pros for merging all the servers. Are there cons? maybe, cultural differences might cause friction, however I also think cultural difference might be enriching for a community.

Deleted User - 11549951

Of course this game was better in the past but there is nothing you can do to chase the past.

The best that can be achieved is a better future.

Nonetheless, i havent played a world in PT in 8 years nor am i sure what you mean by PT bubble?
There arent much excuses you will find to discredit my point of view.

Anything anyone is saying here is hypothetical.
In my opinion, your idea is regressionary rather than progressive.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shinko to Kuma

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
Havent played a world in PT in 8 years.
There arent much excuses you will find to discredit my point of view.

Anything anyone is saying here is hypothetical.
In my opinion, your idea is regressionary rather than progressive.

I read that as 'your opinion is worthless, my opinion is the only non-hypothetical one', and every other post you made thus far is instantly invalidated. You didn't even have the time to properly read my post let alone think about what I said, and you instantly jumped to discrediting me. Just go troll another forum

Deleted User - 11549951

No, your opinion isn't worthless.
As for the cultural differences,
Let me state that I am Portuguese and i can also send you screenshots of players sending me racist messages thinking im from Mozambique (my first villages are named Maputo)

You can't chase the past. all you can do is learn from it.
A regressionary idea is one which attempts to depict things the way they previously were ( you want more people in one world instantly )
You can write scripts for other games.
No need for this ideal server with 1 rule for scripts so you can get creative .... This is innogames job and so let them pay people to do it, in every server.

Its a good idea but try not to impose it upon people because you dont know what the results will be of merging all servers nor is it something which would be reversed once done.
Maybe do a census so you can get empirical data on the users of any given server. This way you would get to know what people actually think rather than call them trolls because they burst your "Anime bubble".

Have a nice day Sophie.

world8vet

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
Sure would be nice if all servers/sites were merged into one, but people would still find something to complain about. Like every server having 100k players and lasting 10+ years lol. people would eventually start getting bored and mass deleting accounts.

Have you played the game when worlds where very large? Worlds didn't last 10 years, sure you had people that didn't like how long worlds lasted, they would just quit and start a new world. You also had players that did want to win a world, so worlds ending in mass deletion due to boredum/frustration wasn't a thing.

Either way an important aspect of keeping players/worlds engaged is the pace at which worlds get added. In the past you would have 2 new worlds a month and that was way too much. Obviously the world pacing would have to be done right, given the experience of the team it wouldn't be hard to do.

world8vet

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
I would say that would be a hell of a world to play in!
It would also be the end of Tribal wars.

I was by no means implying all players in net employ such tactics! Simply that these tactics are much more commonly implemented.
Whereby using spies or fake diplomacy would be regarded negatively elsewhere, in net. it would very much be regarded as 'smart'.

Something which stuck to me was seeing war announcements posted on external forums with 1 week warning instead of breaking alliances overnight and starting attacks.

Personally speaking i first started the game in around 2007 when you didn't have subsites like the Turkish site and so on, and it wasn't the end of tribal wars at all. Certain communities did their own thing, Turkish players were known for having massive family tribes on the rim, they didn't disrupt the flow of the game, nor did they have a bad time.

The game needs multiple communities, it adds a different dynamic to worlds.

Deleted User - 11549951

The players im speaking to from different servers dont want this to happen.
Anyone from anywhere can already join the net if they want to - no need to force them.

One of the spanish players made a joke i will say here on external forum though:

would the net players like to go join the es server n you can delete net?

JawJaw

Awesomest CM Ever
Reaction score
This discussion is kind of getting side-tracked. Please refrain from discussing server mergers etc and stick to actually improving the game for new players. This does not include "keep the game as it is, just make it bigger by merging markets".

Further posts continuing on this track will be removed. Please stay on topic ;)
We are specifically looking for how to get new players involved in the community, have them join and work with tribes, etc.

Thank you.

Last edited:

Deleted User - 11549951

I like the idea of doing fixed tribes in the beggining of a world, i.e. first 3 months ( so experienced players get to meet new players n perhaps make friends etc) however since a lot of players dont like playing them, I will discuss a range of potential options ( any of which with their flaws and downsides):

1. Create a team of experienced players in each server willing to teach new players in exchange for pps for example.
- new accounts would be shown a page asking if they have played before and would like to be apart of a mentorship system.
- individual players could create small tribes on the rim with the simple objective of giving new players a fair amount of knowledge.
2. Create an "easy"world for new players with extended tutorials whereby experienced players don't go and take the piss.
3. Invest heavily on experimenting with tutorial systems and which work better at introducing new players to the game.
4. Create simple (under 1 minute) youtube tutorials on all the basics: i.e. troops, scripts, sniping, back timing, reconquering, sprints etc and provide the links accessibly.
5. Limit the pp system so as to give old accounts less of an advantage compared to a complete newbie. ( the resources market is overkill for experienced players just like the popular premium option to have +50% merchant capacity [although not common in net.] ) = impose a limit on resources that can be bought for an x amount of time depending on the age of the world ( upward trend ).
6. Raise the ratio of players to barbs artificially high on some worlds for long term players for example - if you want to play large worlds.
(Gives you some time to notice attacks and raises incentive to farm and mind your own business - i dont think casual is doing it for those guys xD)
--> takes away incentive for multis to make worlds artificially higher ( i know right who has the time lol).

7. Given some adaptation, this game could be used as an educational tool and thus be provided for free once profits originate from usage contracts.

I welcome criticism.
Im not perfect xD

world8vet

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
I like the idea of doing fixed tribes in the beggining of a world, i.e. first 3 months ( so experienced players get to meet new players n perhaps make friends etc) however since a lot of players dont like playing them, I will discuss a range of potential options ( any of which with their flaws and downsides):

5. Limit the pp system so as to give old accounts less of an advantage compared to a complete newbie. ( the resources market is overkill for experienced players just like the popular premium option to have +50% merchant capacity [although not common in net.] ) = impose a limit on resources that can be bought for an x amount of time depending on the age of the world ( upward trend ).

I agree with this, the last thing a new player needs, is good player forming a cluster near them on the rim, and god knows everyone has a cluster these days.

New players need "safe spaces" filled with other new players so they can experience the game. Which is what the rim is supposed to do.

Maybe even put in game objectives so premades have incentives to fight each other in the 4 main continents instead of going to the rim.

Deleted User - 10368546

Have you played the game when worlds where very large? Worlds didn't last 10 years, sure you had people that didn't like how long worlds lasted, they would just quit and start a new world. You also had players that did want to win a world, so worlds ending in mass deletion due to boredum/frustration wasn't a thing.

Either way an important aspect of keeping players/worlds engaged is the pace at which worlds get added. In the past you would have 2 new worlds a month and that was way too much. Obviously the world pacing would have to be done right, given the experience of the team it wouldn't be hard to do.

I did play on large worlds and I prefer it that way. When I play actively I play 1 world at time (and prefer it to last longer), and not like 5 worlds at once like most people. All I am saying is people would still find something to bitch about regardless.

Deleted User - 11549951

large worlds are fun but you cant force everyone to play them.
perhaps playing with the settings to introduce new worlds would bring back more players such as what casual did initially ( before they got bored once more)

Stewinthepot

blocked
Reaction score
This discussion is kind of getting side-tracked. Please refrain from discussing server mergers etc and stick to actually improving the game for new players. This does not include "keep the game as it is, just make it bigger by merging markets".

Further posts continuing on this track will be removed. Please stay on topic ;)
We are specifically looking for how to get new players involved in the community, have them join and work with tribes, etc.

Thank you.

If you are truly trying to make this game still playable for new players putting out worlds with no outside tribe support seems very counter productive. New players generally will not be invited to premades and lack skill so they make up for it by making family tribes, worlds with no outside support is essentially best premade wins new players likely wont even make it out of the 1-5 village stage.

also consider revamping the mentoring system? the idea is fine but it works more of a time commitment and punishment to the mentor with no benefit (an achievement and 10 res i think)

also jawjaw you're still a clown.

Deleted User - 11549951

I understand my suggestions may have come across as rather hypothetical.
Perhaps, the BETA server could be used to test whichever variations of any ideas discussed here to see how well it would work.

ReD KhaN

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Forum names should be related to those in the game. So that there are no hidden trolls.

AuroraMoon

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Forum names should be related to those in the game. So that there are no hidden trolls.

think they aligned them not to long ago (hence all the deleted accounts)
but seems to of been a influx of accounts being made on externals since then (750-1000 new external accounts so far this year - rough guess)

Deleted User - 11549951

you could all login through the same account n just a comment with your username signed at the bottom.
given you trust each other and know your limits, this could even be feasible for a forum moderator.

Jirki88

Administrator
Tribal Wars Team
Community Management
Reaction score
you could all login through the same account n just a comment with your username signed at the bottom.
given you trust each other and know your limits, this could even be feasible for a forum moderator.
No, not on the moderator account. That would never be allowed.

Deleted User - 11549951

Perhaps you have gotten more strict over the past 7 years,

Status
Not open for further replies.