Concentration of power

DeletedUser

Well we still have to wait on MK to clear this up, but I still think its my reasoning. Like Shadow said, if it were your reasoning Savik, then the nobles would be counted twice. Mine was the only one I could come up with that might be seperated into a completely different section.

u6 - there's also already a percentage for tribeless players.

You were correct. It serves me right for not looking at the actual percentages in the charts before posting!

MichielK

Just realised that for some reason my post didn't go through :icon_surprised: Luckily I saved a copy!

[FONT=&quot]W16 update[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

Points-based:
C4: 80.10 (+ 0.48%)
HHI: 17.03% (+ 0.08%)
TE: 5.87

Village-based:
C4: 78.55% (+ 0.48%)
HHI: 16.46% (+ 0.09%)
TE: 6.08

By popular demand:
Number of players that could be a top 20 tribe: 159 (-75)
Number of players that could be a top 15 tribe: 66 (-25)

Discussion
A slow week from a CoP perspective, and it suddenly got tougher to be a top 15/20 tribe. The reason for this is that Ad Inf lost about a third of their members to two new tribes. Not really noteworthy, but it ruins the comparison with last week.

I've also introduced a new variable: tribal equivalent, or TE for short. This variable tells us how many equal-sized tribes would be equivalent to what we have from a CoP point of view.

In other words, our TE of 6 means that a world with only 6 tribes (all the same size) would be just as concentrated as W16.

(For those of you calculating along: it's the inverse of HHI.)

[/FONT]
No project this week due to St Nicholas.

AxlTheCat

Slightly off topic, but didn't think it warranted a new thread. Was just checking out tribes on twstats, and was surprised at how much the server has slowed down in the past 2 months. The big C2 vs. LSHRV war increased activity levels, but they are again dropping...

A simple count of players with zero ODA increase in the past week gives a sense of activity...

inactives.jpg

Would be interesting to more carefully analyze the activity/growth of the top 4 tribes. Will the infusion of new players into LSHRV from Sunny actually increase their activity level. Where will the other tribes turn to next to replace their growing # of inactives?

MichielK

Slightly off topic, but didn't think it warranted a new thread. Was just checking out tribes on twstats, and was surprised at how much the server has slowed down in the past 2 months. The big C2 vs. LSHRV war increased activity levels, but they are again dropping...

A simple count of players with zero ODA increase in the past week gives a sense of activity...

inactives.jpg

Would be interesting to more carefully analyze the activity/growth of the top 4 tribes. Will the infusion of new players into LSHRV from Sunny actually increase their activity level. Where will the other tribes turn to next to replace their growing # of inactives?

I actually have stats like that, and have been colllecting them for a while. The only reason I haven't posted them is because I want this thread to be purely factual, and I don't want my posts to be questioned because "you're in C², of course you'll post things that make them look good".

Up to you, really. I'm willing to share the data, if you adopt the "don't kill the messenger" protocol :icon_wink: I've worked too long and hard on this thread to see it closed because people think I'm biased.

DeletedUser

I actually have stats like that, and have been colllecting them for a while. The only reason I haven't posted them is because I want this thread to be purely factual, and I don't want my posts to be questioned because "you're in C², of course you'll post things that make them look good".

Up to you, really. I'm willing to share the data, if you adopt the "don't kill the messenger" protocol :icon_wink: I've worked too long and hard on this thread to see it closed because people think I'm biased.

Post away.

DeletedUser

wouldnt it be better to base the inactivity on players who havent grownin a week or so or those being eaten by own tribe rather than increase in oda

DeletedUser

wouldnt it be better to base the inactivity on players who havent grownin a week or so or those being eaten by own tribe rather than increase in oda

If you're not actively attacking people, could that really be considered being active? :lol: I see your point though.

DeletedUser

If you're not actively attacking people, could that really be considered being active? :lol: I see your point though.

its a good point, people might want to take a break from fighting to rebuild their forces/noble packages.... thats not being inactive, its just not fighting lol

DeletedUser

Perhaps the best way of categorizing inactivity would be accounts with BOTH zero point growth and zero ODA growth? Looks like we might be going off topic. I look forward to see any changes in stats due to the LSHRV/ Sunny merge.

Last edited by a moderator:

MichielK

Perhaps the best way of categorizing inactivity would be accounts with BOTH zero point growth and zero ODA growth?

The best way of categorising inactivity is one that doesn't cost me a ton of time :icon_wink:

Looks like we might be going off topic. I look forward to see any changes in stats due to the LSHRV/ Sunny merge.

You will, but not until next weekend. Too much movement still going on, so I'm skipping a week to ensure that the stats are accurate.

DeletedUser

Everybody loves an outlier though :(

Even if it is miles out at least we would have a record for this week MK. It doesn't necessarily need to be included in any total or group analyst you may do.

DeletedUser

I think he means that he is busy and doesn't have time to do it right.

jakeeboy

*looks at watch* I am still waiting MK :| I am not even on the world, but I really want to read what you have to say :p

ravensbane3468

well, I think no ODA increase in a week is very misleading at this point. I know I am at least 3 K's from the front - so, round trip for my nukes is measured in weeks - i.e. I can't land a round of nukes every week. But, I am active - eating tribe inactives, making defense, sitting accounts, etc.

So, I'd say the REAL factor is points well, BOTH - if you are not taking inactives, AND you are not having ODA increases at least once a month, then I'd say you are inactive.

MichielK

I'll try to make a new post this weekend. Sorry for the long wait, everyone!

DeletedUser

I'll try to make a new post this weekend. Sorry for the long wait, everyone!

I think it is a tribute to how well you analyze and explain the numbers that we all have a hard time waiting for the next round...thanks again for all the time you put in on this!