Concepts to help gameplay

DeletedUser

I've been thinking a bit lately. (Ok don't act so surprised.) With the game world coming to a close I thought it'd be a good idea to get the remaining players in the world or at least the remaining players that come to this forum to put their two cents in as far as key concepts people can add into their gameplay.

Goals be they strategic, tactical, or even just personal. It helps a lot to have them. Desire to be number one, to take a certain village, to defeat a certain tribe. Those are all goals I think one should play for entertainment and set themselves long, medium and short term goals.

Define conditions of victory: in this one lol just achieving a goal can be a condition of victory in the achievement of a set goal. This should answer what one sets as a goal and how to tell once that is achieved.

Mobility: This is a major one in this game. For me a mobile def not necessarily the best def (best def being conditional on circumstances anyways.) But mobility of my def troops thus high in sp and hc, add in ar (same speed as sp) and my def is as fast and mobile as I can make it.

Mobility: Also encompasses keeping my troops overall moving, nuking vills and keeping people cleared so that one can keep taking vills and keep moving the front lines.

Initiative: Get the initiative and keep the initiative, mix it up as needed, and flow around obstacles that are too tough, then come back and take those obstacles as the opportunity strikes.

Speed: Speed of recruit, speed of troops. speed of ability to get and keep taking vills.

What are the key concepts that y'all value and why?

DeletedUser

A good group of people to work with: For me this is key in this game. The most important aspect of TW for me is the people involved. Not only do they make the game fun, but working with a good crew will improve your gameplay a lot. A few people you can depend on, who will have your back.

Goals: Any kind of goal, and once they are achieved they should be renewed. Something to keep you aiming higher and higher. It can be points, ODA, villages, inhabited continents, anything. But as long as you have goals you will keep your interest in the game. Of course these goals must be within reach. An impossible goal is discouraging. I think small goals are the way to go. A big long term goal divided into smaller goals, so you can reach one every so often. For example, if you're #80 in ODA and want to make it to the top 10, start with aiming for top 50, then top 20, and so on.

Scripts: Knowledge of scripts is fundamental to do anything in TW.

Basic concepts: The basic tactics are a must: Sniping, sub-second trains, dodging, how to successfully mark 2000 attacks in 30 minutes, how to attack and time.

Troops: Like Rashelle said, you need to identify which build is right for you. For me speed is everything, the fastest builds, and the speed at which they move. But if you're a clustered player who won't go to more than a couple of continents, maybe my build isn't ideal.

Keeping up with the frontlines: Location, location, location. Always stay on the move, follow the wars wherever they take you, next door or to a continent on the other side of the world.

Laugh: Never forget to laugh, specially at your mistakes, no matter how noobish they are. For example, I noticed that Wolfwanderer took a new barb today, so I claimed it and send some attacks at it. And muppet me, I forgot that it was a new village and the loyalty will be around 30 when my nobles hit, and I sent 5 fangs (cause I may have bad luck). So now I'll probably kill 3 fangs and noble myself a few times.

DeletedUser

People who are helpful and who challenge you that you can play with. I made friends. The best players I knew could take care of themselves but would help their friends when needed. I was at my best when i was competing with others.

If you have ever read anything I said about defense you will know I like mobility as well. I dont see how you can look at the HC and not use it but thats just me. I know that sword/spear/archer is insane strength but to each his own I take mobility.

Enemies that are worth competing with.

I have no knowledge of scripts lol but I think each person should consider the rules of any game they play. I generally keep an advantage in almost all games i play vs general public. I found many people who thought more than me on here was nice.

Agression...did anyonelse find it shocking how bad people were when you finally attacked them? I found I seldom bit off more than I could chew. When i was attacked agressively though thats when I found my brink. Dont be scared of losing, take precautions but attack alot of times people suck or arent paying attention. Troops rebuild.
Obviously I believe in some other things I've talked about in the past but...I dont think they are required for good play.

DeletedUser

well since I dont play anymore why not...lol

IMO...

1) dont make mixed off-def villas! I cant believe I have to say that but I was always shocked to see it. more so in later stages of the game.

2) make the right amounts and types of groups in your overview so that your account is easy to navigate for yourself and any sitters you may have. I always had off groups, def groups and of course OP groups so that I can properly plan which villas to use in an attack and which will support after. That also makes sure that I dont use the wrong villa by mistake when I had incoming.

3) make an attack plan and stick to it! I used my notebook for this. it is also the only thing I use my notebook for. Also when you make a plan use BB codes people! on a side note... I have no idea how many times I have said I wish there were 3 or 4 pages in the notebook. I wonder how many people feel the same way. IMO would be a huge enhancement to the game if that ever came to be.

4) keep your nukes moving. we all get upset when a nuke gets caught at home. total waste of 3 weeks... if they are always marching they are doing what they were made for.

5) and I cant stress this enough... mark your incoming! I know when I would sit an account with loads of incoming and not one attack marked that I would just throw my hands up and say well if you couldn't be bothered then why should I...lol marking incoming isn't the time consuming event some people make it and can actually be done quite quickly.

I chose to go this route since Nat pretty much said it all in her post with regard to conditions to play under. at the risk of looking soft... well HERE HERE to Nats post...lol

DeletedUser

One other thing that I did that I dont recall others doing.

I had defensive villages near the front lines so it was more practical but...I stacked villages rather than say 4 full villages it was 30 partial villages.

What this did is allow my defensive villages to be constantly building troops. There is also a series of other things it accomplishes which worked but its too much work to explain.

People might think its stupid but I found it affective. While you dont mind losing a whole nuke losing a whole defensive village has a dramatic affect on your stacks...that just didnt happen to me for quite sometime until an unfortunate string of events.

DeletedUser

No, its a good technique if you don't mind the time cost. (and have those extra villages in range)
And ignoring the extra time it should always be used. Spread the damage across as many villages as you can

DeletedUser

well since I dont play anymore why not...lol

IMO...

1) dont make mixed off-def villas! I cant believe I have to say that but I was always shocked to see it. more so in later stages of the game.

2) make the right amounts and types of groups in your overview so that your account is easy to navigate for yourself and any sitters you may have. I always had off groups, def groups and of course OP groups so that I can properly plan which villas to use in an attack and which will support after. That also makes sure that I dont use the wrong villa by mistake when I had incoming.

3) make an attack plan and stick to it! I used my notebook for this. it is also the only thing I use my notebook for. Also when you make a plan use BB codes people! on a side note... I have no idea how many times I have said I wish there were 3 or 4 pages in the notebook. I wonder how many people feel the same way. IMO would be a huge enhancement to the game if that ever came to be.

4) keep your nukes moving. we all get upset when a nuke gets caught at home. total waste of 3 weeks... if they are always marching they are doing what they were made for.

5) and I cant stress this enough... mark your incoming! I know when I would sit an account with loads of incoming and not one attack marked that I would just throw my hands up and say well if you couldn't be bothered then why should I...lol marking incoming isn't the time consuming event some people make it and can actually be done quite quickly.

I chose to go this route since Nat pretty much said it all in her post with regard to conditions to play under. at the risk of looking soft... well HERE HERE to Nats post...lol

6) Don't let Plarin sit you.

DeletedUser

I did that myself Martin only it was less then 30 vills. Spreads my losses and time to recoup losses becomes very fast. 1k sp does not take long to rebuild in a distant village.

I agree Nat a good group to work with makes the game worthwhile. And people need to remember it IS a game. (I know that is blasphemy to some.)

Lord Bad that is another thing I agree with people doing making groups so that sitters may comprehend the account. LOL and people tag your incomings before asking for a sitter.

DeletedUser

Well there are a few things

1)activity
2)map making and ops
3) change stragety dont use the same method for every player (players are different)
4) long range nukes are key
5) Tribes that are loyal are good tribes to be in. The winning tribe is not always predictable the best way to win is to communicate with your tribe members
6)Dont put all your villages in one place but put a good cluster in two places because the front line can move two ways.

if you do this and other things like use premium... you should do well

Last edited by a moderator: