Congratulations to STD - Winners of World 87

DeletedUser

Good Afternoon,

For those of you who don't know me for whatever reason, allow me to introduce myself. I am Nemesis., the leader and founder of STD. It is my absolute honour and pleasure today to write a short statement today with regards to the tribe and its impending 100% victory on W87.

The original STD was a premade that I started around a year ago with some prompting from a few people. It consisted mainly of people who were online at the time on my skype who I contacted asking if they wanted to join. The tribe eventually got thrown together that way, there wasn't a name at the time so it also was made up based on a placeholder which became the actual name. In many ways, Stopped Trying to Decide was a good name for the tribe, what made STD great was the relaxed nature of the tribe and that everyone was just out there to enjoy themselves (for the most part) and get the victory. No bullshit, no drama, W87, despite the lack of competition was a good laugh.

I'll put a special shoutout to those accounts who have been in STD from day 1:

Hells Toy Master
Erig
Slap and Tickle
Elstone
Roavak
Two Girls One Up
Kong Bangebuks
Ashoka1
WINCHEN
Hörsing
ChipOnShoulder
Najushua

and myself Nemesis.

As for everyone else who we have met on the way, it has been my pleasure to meet and lead you for the short time that I have. I hope you continue to have success either in future worlds or in your personal life. I consider all of you to be my friends and if you are ever in trouble, you know where to find me. We have showed without a doubt that we are the best tribe ever to grace this world, eclipsing every single tribe by a multiple of ten in the war statistics when it came to conquers, it was not even close. We performed the cleanest operations seen either in this world or I'd argue any of the recent worlds, we had not a single player break in our midgame or endgame wars, we did this without any diplomacy or major mergers, the only merger being STD and S3XY earlygame. All this was done with no fuss by a group of players who would grace any team, making my job extremely easy which I was thankful for.

In 10 days, the world will close with STD being the sole tribe remaining. Nothing makes me happier than to see this, no other group of players from this world were close to worthy.

Dylan

Prometheus

In-Game Staff
Tribal Wars Team
Team
Reaction score
I'm not trying to take away from your world win, but I thought that I should add some perspective into this.

Yes, STD was a great tribe that had great players - but time and time again I felt like they recruited a lot. (Not saying that this isn't a bad thing, in fact, its common nowadays in TW). Saying that STD had a lack of competition makes sense because a lot of the competition was recruited into STD.

When Mutiny crumbled, instead of nobling out our players, STD resorted to recruiting them for an easy world win. It would have been cool for STD to test themselves and try to noble out the players one by one - like the war faring tribe that they showed themselves as on externals.

The OPs on Mutiny weren't really "OPs" - STD really didn't need to OP us because we weren't a great tribe player wise on the STD front with many players who ended up being all talk and quitting at the first sight of incomings. Finishing out Mutiny would have been a great way to test themselves and at least challenge themselves... Maybe i'm being too cynical, I don't know.

Just to put this into perspective for anyone looking at this post from the outside:

STD recruited most of Wett (instead of nobling them when they internalled a ton and would be easy targets), they also recruited S3XY, and finally some of Mutiny. Yes, some people want a fast world win, but complaining of lack of competition is again STD's fault by recruiting most of the good players. The world was small and didn't have many great players.

Again, I have nothing against STD. Mutiny was outplayed - we overestimated the skills of our players and ended up losing.

Great job winning the world, well deserved. STD was the best tribe in World 87.

DeletedUser

I'm not trying to take away from your world win, but I thought that I should add some perspective into this.

Yes, STD was a great tribe that had great players - but time and time again I felt like they recruited a lot. (Not saying that this isn't a bad thing, in fact, its common nowadays in TW). Saying that STD had a lack of competition makes sense because a lot of the competition was recruited into STD.

When Mutiny crumbled, instead of nobling out our players, STD resorted to recruiting them for an easy world win. It would have been cool for STD to test themselves and try to noble out the players one by one - like the war faring tribe that they showed themselves as on externals.

The OPs on Mutiny weren't really "OPs" - STD really didn't need to OP us because we weren't a great tribe player wise on the STD front with many players who ended up being all talk and quitting at the first sight of incomings. Finishing out Mutiny would have been a great way to test themselves and at least challenge themselves... Maybe i'm being too cynical, I don't know.

Just to put this into perspective for anyone looking at this post from the outside:

STD recruited most of Wett (instead of nobling them when they internalled a ton and would be easy targets), they also recruited S3XY, and finally some of Mutiny. Yes, some people want a fast world win, but complaining of lack of competition is again STD's fault by recruiting most of the good players. The world was small and didn't have many great players.

Again, I have nothing against STD. Mutiny was outplayed - we overestimated the skills of our players and ended up losing.

I would disagree with your assertions. What the world did not have was great leaders.

Yes we could have easily nobled out Wett who you call easy targets. We instead took in those easy targets and those easy targets beat Mutiny without us losing a single frontliner. We could have nobled out the entirety of Mutiny just like we did to P.T.G, ABC and Ban, but it was more of a case of people having friends and it being a bit of a timesaver when people were bored of mediocre wars against tribes with shitty leaderships. Standard chomping gets a bit boring and at that point we wanted to go for 70/100% at a relatively quick pace.

Regardless, allow me to discuss a little bit in retrospect about our preparation for Mutiny and perhaps it shall shed light on my perspective. STD, at least before we broke P.T.G and therefore won the world was quite a discipline oriented tribe, we actually largely won our wars through superior teamwork and preparation rather than individual skill I started planning for the Mutiny war when I had a good idea that Rage was going to fall.

As soon as it was clear that Rage was not going to be a threat to STD, we moved our stacks from that front and began to stack versus P.T.G as well as slowly move players to that front to mitigate the worst scenario, which was the gang bang and have more offensive pressure against P.T.G in case of that war. The prediction at the time was, at least in my mind, that STD would eventually end up getting some of the Rage players, those who were loyal to Boris basically and Mutiny would get those in the East. From there we would be in pole position and have to contend with being gangbanged by Mutiny and P.T.G since we didn't work with other tribes. Wett would eventually be formed, which we would recruit. This was not because I wanted an easy ride or wanted to win, these things were irrelevant. It would have been easy regardless which I will explain why later, though would have taken longer due to logistical issues. It was I and several other members of the tribe enjoyed their company. G.E.K was originally part of the package, but it was rather fortunate that he joined Mutiny as he was one I was personally iffy on.

From that point, players were moved to the front, the front itself was analysed so that on all three major parts of the front we went even or had the advantage. I never assumed that our front was stronger than Mutiny's player for player since that was simply not true. For example, where there were 1v1 situations such as in the north where Exigenn held a front versus G.E.K, I told him the goal was not to win, but to go even. Our priority as STD was not to individually outplay your front, but through relocation and placement of villages create situations where nearly every Mutiny player on the front was in a 5v1 and 10v1 situation. I personally sat and assigned out player's troops to be sent, checked every single frontline account to make sure the troops were in the places they needed to be in the right quantities.

At a certain part in the war, STD even had a rule of nobling only enemy villages unless permission was given otherwise, something that was similarly instated at the start of the P.T.G war and earlier in the world. I made sure personally that every player sent fakes, sent nukes with the knowledge that it was mandatory. That was how committed we were to beating you, that was our discipline, our effort. That's why we beat Mutiny by a multiple of ten when it came to caps. It was not because the players were better. We simply weren't better by that much, but because the team was better. We at STD could have done great things with your front liners and back-liners, a lot of whom we ended up rimming. Mutiny leadership for whatever reason decided not to show up and individual players without leadership are nothing. Does not matter how skilled they are, many of the players who lost in this world won past worlds and now are going on to win other worlds. We will break them down as a team and in most cases it took a matter of days. Individual players are not and were not ever a test for STD.

At the end of the day, that mindset is why Mutiny failed, so much to the point that you as an ex-Mutiny player do not even understand why you lost.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Do you disagree with his assertion that STD was the best tribe in world? That was pretty nice of him to say that to you guys. Say ggwp or something to him, gosh darn it!

DeletedUser

Do you disagree with his assertion that STD was the best tribe in world? That was pretty nice of him to say that to you guys. Say ggwp or something to him, gosh darn it!

Of course I wish him and anyone else who played W87 the best and ggwp :p and I don't need to be told we were the best, there was literally no-one close.

ampac

Contributing Poster
Reaction score

Realizing that your against a tactician who calculated moves 5 steps ahead with factors including recruitment i think Nemesis did a good job.

Its really all about the win, even with the number of players its all about how you plan on winning the game with less stress less time, Nemesis in my opinion respected each tribe as a threat to STD existence and factored that and stacked frontlines and organized opps. The sad thing about this is no enemy leader tried to stop him with his strategies.

Lol, I played only for a short time and help mates fight frontlines, Im glad that i fought again with Nemesis.

Cheers Boss!!!

DeletedUser94626

I dont post on these externals very often, but I just wanted to give a HUGE shout out to all of our STD family.

You guys and girls Rock! Congrats on the win folks! <3

To all the fans (otherwise known as the W87 Salt-miners) .....Try harder next time.
;)

Prometheus

In-Game Staff
Tribal Wars Team
Team
Reaction score
Nemesis. I think your missing my point entirely. Mutiny wasn't a great tribe. I agree with you on that, but not all of the blame should be on leadership. There's nothing I can personally do when two of my main frontline players (Navarian and Sentient Watermelon) decide to quit because they are overwhelmed with incomings (when they did have decent stacks (condolences did not, however)) - they were the two main players in the front and once they quit/I couldn't find enough people willing to sit their accounts to help out 24/7.

I don't remember what happened in the world exactly, but I do remember that we were being attacked by all sides and (PTG and STD), so we were very strapped for defense. Not to mention that STD had a much larger player base than us and had more defense to spare.

Yes, part of the blame is on me for not planning ahead and allowing it to happen, but that doesn't take away from the fact that STD recruited much more than us and if they REALLY wanted a harder time winning, then they could have decided to not recruit and war the people that they recruited.

Your message complained at the lack of competition and my message was a direct response to that, nothing more.

In regards to this:

STD recruited most of Wett (instead of nobling them when they internalled a ton and would be easy targets)

STD would have had no problem defeating Wett by themselves since they outnumbered and were more organized than Wett, thus I said that they would be easy targets.

ampac

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
You see that's the point, now that you realized what realized that's the plan all along, i fought Navarian, Nemesis well he realized that the players you mentioned are what you call.....players that couldn't be recruited but must be eliminated...Players that must be destroyed to make a point...

I don't think that your ideas if factored with the mind of Nemesis will factor on the decision making on what the world is supposed to be is exactly the opposite.

While i admit that clearing the world of all the players and a group of players fighting for one tribe is awesome, strategic wise it's a waste of time.

make use of what the world offered to u as a weapon and learn how to use it. I guess being proud is common trait of every great player.

DeletedUser

I just think you shirk responsibility and place it on sentient watermelon/navarian. You left Navarian to die in an awful blunder where he was fighting alone and you failed to secure diplomacy with P.T.G in what was an obvious 2v1 situation which was your main way of winning the world considering we were the best tribe in the world at the time.

DeletedUser120765

It's worth noting here that I was only on the Navarian account during the first 2-3 days of attacks from STD. (The time in which 'EVERY' Noble was sniped, and no villages were lost.. worth noting)
I had a family holiday planned which I had no interest in cancelling as I rarely see them all.

After I had left for the holiday the account was left in Mutiny hands under the assumption that I would regain control when I was back, though of course, that was impossible upon my return due to their being no account at that time.

~Navarian

DeletedUser120765

Okay well, either you're not counting all the ex-Wett members attacks as STD attacks, or you're full of shit.

ashoka1

Congrats to DA/Nemesis. for yet another world win.

Congrats to All STD members past & present who contributed to the win.I had to leave in November due to real life but it was great fighting alongside some of my friends from w60/73 & the new ones i made here in 87.

DeletedUser115077

Okay well, either you're not counting all the ex-Wett members attacks as STD attacks, or you're full of shit.
I think you sniped 1 out of 5/6 we sent originally, after that it was pretty straight forward.

Just talking personally from the S&T account and we were one of I think 3 of us to attack you maybe 4 if you count granny

DeletedUser120765

We didn't receive any attacks from S&T for the first week or so from what I remember, It was all ex-wett members and the account sits that STD had in QT.

DeletedUser

All of the STD members started attacking at the same time though.

DeletedUser88324

Congrats STD, and congrats to you, Dylan, for yet another world win. Respect.