[Contest] Good designers ask "Why?"

DeletedUser

Oops, I forgot about statistics like that because I was focused on the votes, but you do bring a good point. To justify my answer I would have to say that those last ten votes had nothing to do with the abstains since they could have been posted a vote and then abstain on the other one...

i voted on both, but abstain on one.

Even with people having a chance to post twice, that is still a lot of people viewing the graphics section. Just by using the brackets that were set up, at least 8 people came to vote which is a lot for this section in the last hour and half. Normally this section of the forum doesn't attract people who aren't interested in graphics...

I'm not accusing you of cheating...

nightblade.greyswandir

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
ok, but who are you? i didn't notice you before this contest!?! you didn't make any sigs, you have just few posts, did you come to vote for somebody special maybe? but that one didn't get enough votes...
i am not accusing you of having favorites!

and, just in this threat there is more people then voted, and i voted twice (how many more did???)

DeletedUser51929

I abstained in both and for the result got no votes B) dahm you RW I was well owning these graphic nubz T_T

DeletedUser

ok, but who are you? i didn't notice you before this contest!?! you didn't make any sigs, you have just few posts, did you come to vote for somebody special maybe? but that one didn't get enough votes...
i am not accusing you of having favorites!

and, just in this threat there is more people then voted, and i voted twice (how many more did???)
I am entry 2 and I haven't voted nor do I intend to. I have no intent of calling my tribe and the people I know to vote and support me. With my previous posts and my views on the mass votes, I don't have a favorite.

nightblade.greyswandir

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
dude=dude123526...
my fault, sorry.
i wish that this vote was legal and last day or two, that way we could see real situation. i hope that you will be on next contest, and that next time there would be no voting problems!

DeletedUser

Meh, jury vote sounds better to me anyway. The idea was not purely on the prettiness of what was made, but also on the quality of the explanation, and why people did what they did. Not going to throw accusations around "well he did this, such and such way", I don't care either way. The point is, average forum poster will simply not read the explanations and vote for what they think looks coolest/prettiest/whateverest. The explanations should be weighted with the final products equally, as that is why this whole contest was thought up as far as I am aware? Atleast now we know the people judging will actually know what they're talking about, that they already signed up to do it, and there won't be any issue of ignorance in the voting populace, which is why I believe the jury system was setup from the get-go.

I personally do not post on the graphic forums because nine times out of ten I get flamed for breaking all your guy's rules of pretty. (Not necessarily here, I haven't used .net since this Graphics forum was opened, moreso .uk where I've been spending most of my time) The fact of the matter is, outside of here, people care so much less about the actual prettiness of a picture, and more about what it says about the person(s) using it. I've tried the route of supaw srs CoA, I've tried the lol CoA. The lol CoAs get much more attention than the pretty ones. It's simply how the average forum goer/TW player thinks. While there are a select few who appreciate nice looking, but also cool CoAs, the large bulk of players dont care how rough something is, they just want a laugh. Contests and CnCs shouldn't be taken so seriously. This is a forum for a game. There's no reason to freak out and murder each other over silly little things. I am aware there are rules in the Graphics world, but being friends with a lot of people requesting the siggies, they simply turn around and ask a friend who doesnt care about the different rules to do them. They avoid all the hassle of dealing with arguments over who did what better, and they still get their siggy. Use these things as learning experiences if nothing else. Don't just get upset because somebody didn't like yours because it had too much blue, or too much green. Or because the flow disrupted the color complementing (? Is that possible? :O). Keep making your stuff in your style. Some people will like it, others will not. Most people will not care, the only person whose opinion really matters is the person using it.

Anyway, last but not least... Good luck people :) May the best man, woman, child, or furry critter win.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

The results

The jury members have made their decisions known.
The results are as follows:

1st place (30PP): nightblade.greyswandir with 148%

2nd place (15PP): Willovain with 105%

3rd place (5PP): zhu ge liang with 100%

Thanks to everyone who participated.

Also thanks to jury members who agreed to devote their time evaluating the entries.

Winners please contact me with the account name you wish your prize sent to

nightblade.greyswandir

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
fireworks.gif

mattoematt

Congrats, considering the prize the entries were pretty LQ but good work :icon_razz: