Contests for Halloween plus August Winners!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser15106

Hi everyone!

We're back with two shiny new contests for you this month - design a Halloween forum banner and another random prize draw. We can also announce the winners from last month's contests.

Halloween contest - Design a forum banner for Halloween New!
Closing date: - End of October 14th.

The Halloween contest is going to be slightly shorter than the others to allow time for voting. We would like you to design a forum banner with a Halloween theme. The winner will see their banner being used to decorate the forum this Halloween, so we hope you participate!

How to enter:
  • Create a banner in .png or .jpg format with dimensions of 560x110px. Your banner should include the text "Tribal Wars Forum" and be suitable for use as a forum banner for Halloween.
  • After you have finished making your entry, upload it then create a new topic in this forum. Include your uploaded image in the post, then check it over one last time to make sure it's correct, then submit your entry. Note: after you have submitted your topic, you will not see it appear in the forum, as it will only be visible to staff
  • After the contest has closed, judges from the staff will vote on each entry to decide the winners, which will be announced once the judging is finished.

Prizes:
1st prize: 1000 premium points PLUS your banner will be used as the forum banner this Halloween.
2nd prize: 600 premium points
3rd prize: 400 premium points
Plus, 2 further runners up will win 200 premium points each.

Contest rules:
  • One entry per person. Multiple entries from the same person will be excluded.
  • Your entry must comply with forum rules (ie. nothing too gory please!)
  • You must be currently playing a world to receive a prize.
  • Forum and ingame staff are not permitted to enter.
  • The banner must be 560px wide and 110px tall. Anything other than this size will be impossible to use as a forum banner and will therefore be excluded.

October prize draw New!
Closing date: End of October 31st, 2011.
Prizes: Each of the 10 winners will receive 200 premium points each.

How to enter: Submit your entry by visiting http://prizedraw.twstats.com/. You will need to log in using your TribalWars account name and password. Once you have done this, you will be automatically entered into the draw. When the contest closes, 10 winners will be selected at random for a prize.

Prize draw rules:
  • One entry per person. Multiple entries from the same person will be excluded from the draw.
  • You must be currently playing a world to receive a prize.
  • Forum and ingame staff are not permitted to enter.

Winners - August prize draw
Thank you to everyone who participated in August's prize draw. can now tell you who's won!

Six lucky winners this month receive 200 premium points each, chosen at random from our entries. The winners are:

• agilo
  • cablaz
  • Alligatorblood
  • john9842021
  • dragonfire9833
  • DeadlyAssassin92

Winners - Funny story contest
Thank you to everyone who participated in the contest. Once again we received some fantastic entries, and again some of the voting was very close (click the winner's name to view the entry).

Runners up - 200pp each

Thank you again to all who took part in the contests - we hope you enjoyed it and will participate in the next ones!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser15106

1st prize - Wallam

"Roflolmao, i sniped your train"
The noob said, but i was in considerable pain..
Another village not conquered, another battle lost
Another train wasted that had a high resource cost
Another small muppet thinking he was the best..
Another failed answer in the Tribal wars test....
Another incoming now headed my way.
Oh no what shall i do, i had to say.

My tribe leader stated why haven't you asked for support?
Its the bread and butter basics in protecting your fort.
So I took out the butter and opened the lid..
And soon there was butter all over the cid*!
"Stop purposefully wasting time and start being serious..
With all your insanity you make me delirious!"
My tribe leader cried his eyes all ablaze.
So shocking those eyes, that i could not meet his gaze.

Tell me you have premium he pleaded with despair
For there are a lot more functions, you can make use of there
I replied that i had through a random prize draw
But unluckily for me, his pride was still sore..
"This support request, you've made it?" he exclaimed with a cry.
But when i answered in the negative I thought I would die..
"Good gods man" he shouted with a gleam in his eye
"You'll be catapulted I swear it!" unless you say why!

I puzzled for an answer but my brain was pickled!
My curiosity aroused, my intellect tickled..
I had to reply that I had not a clue..
For indeed it was the obvious thing i should do!
Use your imagination he shouted at me..
Send back some fakes.. its easy to see..
The actions to be taken in this kind of mess..
And its STILL NOT MY ELEPHANT! but alas I digress..

And carefully - very carefully thus so I wrote..
The request that in theory should save my moat.
That moat with the algae, green, slimy and rife.
But what does it matter? If the moat saves my life!
So I waited and waited till the end of the day..
And sure enough soon there was support on the way..
Fluffy-Wuffy had sent 10 cats and a pally.
And I was sure they'd be useful camped down in my rally.

The attack force drew nearer with each passing hour.
And soon they could be spotted from the village watchtower.
The axes so proud marching in their tight rank
The cavalry resplendent trotting down the right flank
The siege weapons oiled to a fine precision.
The battleground set, now time for decision
A morning assault was then deemed the best.
The attacking force charged, it was time for the test!

The defending village walls were like made of cheese
So weak their construction, they crumpled with ease.
The lookouts view from the watchtower ever more sour
And thus they parachuted from the top of the tower...
Down to the action, the glory and strife...
Trying to defend this rural village life.
"We may just be scouts" they cried with a roar.
"But we'll show them what we can do in this small war!!"

But alas for them glory was not to be.
Their heads torn off, placed for all to see..
Their village massacred, no troops left at all
Bodies placed on the burning remains of the wall.
Thus comes to a close this small tale of woe..
And a lesson to be learned and it is as so..
When you attack, be prepared to defend..
Or like this example, you will meet your end

* the cid happens to be my paladin... a reference to el cid, however this one is an upgraded version and thus is THE cid.

DeletedUser15106

2nd prize - Miller d

Noodle was a strange name for a young turtle, but the parents of noodle loved noodles, and therefore noodle has his name. One day when noodle was having a dip in his pool which wasn’t a pool, but instead an abandoned bowl left by the humans which had filled with rain water... a flying lobster emerged from the ground waving around a pink fluffy-wuffy elephant.
“OI!!!” screamed the flying lobster. “OI! Stop leaving your pink elephants around”
“not my elephant” exclaimed noodle.
“humph, well if isn’t your elephants and it isn’t my elephant then I’m leaving here to rot” The flying lobster threw the pink fluffy-wuffy elephant on to the road and flew away in haste.
Noodle climbed out of the pool as it had already passed mid day. As noodle climbed of the pool a green, slimy and mushy pea rolled into his leg.
“Oh sorreh lad, am in an eck of a hurreh” The pea said and a panicky tone.
“whatever is the matter?”
“well you see lad, I’m a tribe leader in Tribal Wars and it’s my turn to hold a random prize draw”
“mmmk” noodle said as he began to waddle away.
“wait a sec lad, I’m a bit of a pickled situation ere. You see, I ay got no premium prizes to give to the contestents” the Green, slimy and mushy pea said in a sad tone.
Noodle thought long and heard on what he could do to try and get out of this situation. Noodle knew that the pea would try and guilt trip him into helping him.
The pea watched noodle as he sat a thought what do? When he was able to squeeze out a tear.
“oh okay I’ll help, you muppet!” noodle said angrily!
“oh no you don’t have to.... oh you want to? Ah ok then!!”
Noodle just wanted a peaceful swim and to return home, instead he bumped into a flying lobster and a silly pea which asked for support.
“so what kind of prizes have you got in mind?” said noodle.
“well, you do have a nice shell. We could put butter all over the-“
“wait... I don’t like where this is going, I am not buttering up” noodle said getting annoyed.
“oh come on!, use your imagination a little” the pea said playfully.
“ok, I’m out” and noodle began to walk away.
Noodle began to walk home when out of nowhere a giant jelly emerge from a nearby water fountain. The jelly embrace noodle and bounced in the a nearby tree.
“hahahaha, I’v conquered you!” blubbled the jelly.
“oh for ..” yelled noodle.
Noodle was in a predicament, but as he was angry and felt as if people were purposefully wasting time, he decided to just eat the jelly. The jelly was quit scrumptious and turned out to just be like bubble gum.
Noodle then parachuted from the top of the tree using leaves as a parachute. Luckily the wind had drifted him home. But he had forgot his key to his shell. So he made a catapult which was made of cheese. He then catapulted himself back into the tree... but wait! He didn’t move! Making it out of cheese was silly. Then the damn fluffy wuffy pink elephant came along and ate the cheese catapuplt.
“Damn pink elephants messing up my day” yelled noodle.
noodle then decided to check his ebay where he had been sniped a numorous amount of times that day by a username under fluffywuffypinkelephant.
“damn pink elephants”
After an hour noodle was getting tired o being sniped. And finally was able to purchase some sort of secret treasure in an old container. After weeks of waiting the package finally arrived and noodle opened the lid to a surprise. Inside was the fluffy pink elephant which a huge grin when he extended his trunk and made a weird noise into his face. Noodle took this chance and carefully – very carefully – decided to fill the contained with oil and set the container on fire.
A few days late a hoard of pink elephants had invaded his privacy and annoyed him until he couldn’t take it anymore. He tried as hard as possible and strained load but after much pushing he had finaly been able to grow a stache. A stache of lightning and thunder. He spent the rest of his life as happy as a clam farting rainbows and mowing down pink elephants with his might stache of destruction.
Later that day he has gone to far and destroyed a beautifully designed magnet. And by doing this he thought himself of some sort of god. And thus thought he could defied by zero. He was wrong and the world imploded into a marshmallow which was then cooked and eaten by the sun. End.

DeletedUser15106

3rd prize - kid-darkness

Every hair sings the song
Every nerve tingles along
Every name sounds the same
Tribal Wars is my game

Oh what did I do then?
What do I do now?
I asked for support on dime
Now purposefully wasting time

They catapulted my hold
Parachuted from the top of the world
Leaving bits 'n pieces shiny and gray
My tribe leader was the muppet of the day

A day I thought I conquered
A day I thought I sniped
But today I dont know why
The axes have left me to die

Its been far since I did a line
I write what I feel, I feel what I write
Green, slimy and a tad too bright
Made of cheese and time to fight

I took the pot and opened the lid
and carefully - very carefully - moved it aside
The cavalry were pickled
And the spears were blunt

When I started this journey
The fluffy-wuffy baby
would slip and drool,
butter all over the floor

Years passed by, version seven'oh three
Tribal Wars still top the tree
Joy of life she gave
Premium all over the game

But some always complain
Not my elephant, but my dame
What does she know?
This is my game.

Now you my foe open the gate
Use your imagination and leave the date
The random prize draw is the bait
All for glory till this date.

DeletedUser15106

Runner-up - ravenj

"Honey…?"

"Not now! I just conquered a village, and I have incomings. I sniped the train, but there's more nukes en route, and..."

"Well, will you take out the garbage when you're done? It's green, slimy, and smelling up the porch!"

"Yes, Dear. I'll take it out once I've asked for support. Really."

"You know, this Tribal Wars habit of yours has gotten -"

"I know! I know! But believe me, I never asked to be tribe leader. It just happened! The old duke was so drunk I swear he was pickled, and the tribe knew I'd take my responsibilities seriously. The took a vote, and next thing I knew..."

"You're not a muppet, you know. Just tell them you don't have the time. You don't have to dance to their tune."

"But this promotion catapulted me into the bigger game! It opened the lid on new diplomatic opportunities! New doors are opening every day. One more war, and we can consolidate all of the NorthWest!"

"Listen, honey. I don't care if you parachuted from the top of the map and landed on the enemy's headquarters to steal their prize-winning elephant. It's still not my elephant. I want you here, paying attention to me, not winning battles in some fantasy realm! Think about your responsibilities in the real world, for a change."

…And with that, she walked out of the room.

So, after she'd left, he took out the garbage, washed up the dishes, cleaned the spot on the floor where the toast fell and got butter all over the carpet. He took Fluffy-Wuffy for a walk. A long walk, past the premium jewelry shops. Past the bakery where they sold a layered confection made of cheese cake. Past the travel agency where he ignored the offer of a random prize draw for a trip to Mexico, and instead asked an agent about the Caribbean cruises. He stayed out almost long enough that she would accuse him of purposefully wasting time… but when he returned, he was happy to discover the door to the bathroom closed, and the sound of her running water for a bubble bath.

He let Fluffy loose in the back yard, and unloaded his purchases on the table: The cake box, the envelope, and carefully - very carefully - the tiny jewelry box, balancing it on top of the cake ornament. Because when it came down to it, she was right. He had responsibilities. And they were to the one he loved, in the real world.

Her bath lasted longer than he expected, so by the time she came out, he'd already run his recruits and balanced resources. He had nothing to distract him from that moment where she walked into the dining room and saw the cake, the cruise tickets, and the ring.

Her kisses covered his smiling mouth, and I'll let you use your imagination about what happened next, but it was a long time before he returned to the computer. Once he did, he wasted no time planning for the next war.

After all, he was a man with responsibilities. And he did take them seriously.

DeletedUser15106

Runner-up - R1ch4

There was once this elephant, but it was not my elephant; we were just friends. There’s no denying that he was a bit of a muppet, but he was definitely the fuffy-wuffy type of elephant, who’d happily snuggle down and watch TV with a nice cup of hot chocolate - with a layer of butter all over the top. Not much personal preference, but hey!

One day he asked for support from me. I asked him what for, but he wouldn’t say. Naturally, I was a bit confused, but he wasn’t giving in. The next morning when I woke up, I put on TW News, and the next thing I know he’d be catapulted to the top of a cliff made from cheese. I rushed there, and he said by doing what he had planned, the world of Tribal Wars would never be the same. He said he would be promoted to tribal leader and have free premium forever. He was going to jump. I started purposefully wasting time, in a futile attempt of him having a last second realisation of sense. It didn’t work. He got strapped into a harness, and carefully - very carefully - walked toward the edge of the cheese cliff.

The elephant parachuted from the top of the highest cheese mountain in the world of Tribal Wards. He was all going so well, until something happened which will haunt me for the rest of my life. The smile on the parachuting elephants face disappeared, as did the rest of his head. He has been sniped. We had been conquered. He went from gracefully gliding to practically plummeting. When he hit the ground it was as though something had been pickled. The aftermath was green, slimy and...Uh! You’ll have to use your imagination.

There was nothing else we could do now, so we cracked out the Pringles, opened the lid, and tucked into a new delicious dip. I’ll be honest, it wasn’t actually that bad. Apparently, what’s left of our good old friend is planned to be the first prize of the next random prize draw. Good luck to everyone, because that is one fantastic dip that you won't want to miss out on.

Status
Not open for further replies.