Continental Discussion

• Thread starter xXx Nithgor xXx
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Top K55

4 .Random: Good tribe of course. About to loose its number one spot to PoP!. Random is invading from the North West with little resistance so far. They will have a reality check once they go farther south east.

-Angel

If they was to knock Random off the spot, id be very very brief, as well as very very unlikely :icon_smile:

Gruenhagen

4 . About to loose its number one spot to PoP!.
-Angel

Just my thoughts and I could be wrong but I think he was going off over all points on the rankings where Random and POP are very close, but as it goes by points of top 40 members, POP still has a long way to go.

DeletedUser

lol I am going by ranking. POP! and Random! are getting very very close in the rankings, however if PoP! does take random's spot, it will be very brief indeed. I think Random will be in the top spot, or top two at least, for a very long time.

DeletedUser

Overall, PoP! have over 100 more villages than Random do. But I doubt PoP! will catch Random as Random have more large members and will keep the first spot with the "Points of the best 40 player". PoP! have lots of average sized members.

For K55 and K54, I think Random will grow there in the near future. But then Random seem to be expanding in all directions without any problems :)

DeletedUser

Overall, PoP! have over 100 more villages than Random do. But I doubt PoP! will catch Random as Random have more large members and will keep the first spot with the "Points of the best 40 player". PoP! have lots of average sized members.

For K55 and K54, I think Random will grow there in the near future. But then Random seem to be expanding in all directions without any problems :)
That's not necessarily a bad thing. If at all possible, you would like to have a lot of members around your tribe's average points per player. It means that everyone, or mostly everyone, is active and growing like they should. You don't want a tribe where you have a few super high point players while the rest are all relatively low. That normally points out an inactive tribe (And no, I'm not calling Random inactive.)

Also, it has a psychological effect that many people don't realize. It's a game, and games bring out the competetive side in people. I know I'm always looking at the ranking list saying "I want to be ranked "__" and get above "________," but I also don't want "_______" to pass me in ranking. A lot of players do that, and it motivates them to work harder.

But it can also have a negative effect on tribes with a large range between high and low players. The low players start looking at the already fairly high rated players and sometimes thing "Wow...I'm never going to be able to catch them. I might as well quit and join a new world." On the flip side, it also has a negative effect on big players. Sometimes some players just get so high in points above everyone else, they start to lose interest because there is little or no competition.

So what started as a simple idea for me turned into two paragraphs. Sorry about that :icon_confused:

DeletedUser

That's not necessarily a bad thing.

Agreed, except that having small players quiting means the larger players get even larger by nobling them and the tribe is able to recruit more large and very active players. Just my opinion.

On the flip side, it also has a negative effect on big players. Sometimes some players just get so high in points above everyone else, they start to lose interest because there is little or no competition.

At this stage in a world, there is still plenty of competition for even the best players. The only time I start to lose interest is when I get over about 2 million and its just too easy to stack. Then it just depends how many fakes you can send and how willing your tribe is to stack frontline villages.

I prefer sniping :)

shagohad

Jaigosian where have you gotten your info thus far? Cave has been dealt no real damage at all. As far as I know a total of 1 member has been cleared. Also we've wiped a good few of their members and without the need of any coordinated attacks.

from wut i gather jai seems to think hes god

DeletedUser

from wut i gather jai seems to think hes god

Thanks for replying to a month old quote....

Lol, when did you come to this conclusion?
Before or after you had to beg me to 'allow' you to to noble a T.D player?

I can remember you saying something like:

"Please Jai, let me noble LadyK, because my tribe's leaders are giving me hassle, and i cant attack her, because you'll rim me.... :icon_sad:"

If you actually read my posts, you'll see that even though im a little opinionated (maybe too much), i try to be as honest as i can, and generally say what i think is right.

If im wrong, and i usually am, ill be the first guy to hold me hands up.
Is that acting Goldly?

Ill let you decide Shag. :icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser

Thanks for replying to a month old quote....

Lol, when did you come to this conclusion?
Before or after you had to beg me to 'allow' you to to noble a T.D player?

I can remember you saying something like:

"Please Jai, let me noble LadyK, because my tribe's leaders are giving me hassle, and i cant attack her, because you'll rim me.... :icon_sad:"

If you actually read my posts, you'll see that even though im a little opinionated (maybe too much), i try to be as honest as i can, and generally say what i think is right.

If im wrong, and i usually am, ill be the first guy to hold me hands up.
Is that acting Goldly?

Ill let you decide Shag. :icon_rolleyes:

I nobled ladyK before she ended up near you :D. Shes a very good player.

DeletedUser

I nobled ladyK before she ended up near you :D. Shes a very good player.

Oh? Lol.

I wondered who did that :)

Shes a real nice lady, we got on pretty good.
I kinda looked after her, and stopped anyone from attacking her, till she could stand on her own feet.

DeletedUser

Agreed, except that having small players quiting means the larger players get even larger by nobling them and the tribe is able to recruit more large and very active players. Just my opinion.

At this stage in a world, there is still plenty of competition for even the best players. The only time I start to lose interest is when I get over about 2 million and its just too easy to stack. Then it just depends how many fakes you can send and how willing your tribe is to stack frontline villages.

I prefer sniping :)
A few days later I'm back :icon_rolleyes:

For your first point, yes, players will get bigger when they eat inactives. That usually does tend to happen, unless the TWstaff gets bored and feels like screwing with someone that day (I actually had a guy on W41 trying to tell me that TW erased his OD score. I nobled him, but I digress). But again, unless its a very inactive tribe, those villages usually get distributed amongst many players, not just a select few, causing all active members to grow at a roughly even rate, and keeping them around the same size.

For your second point, I'm a current W16 player, and one of the highest ranked ones at that, so my viewpoint was coming mainly from that experience. I still think it applies here, but it isn't seen as much since there are so many other players still in this world, and still joining.

DeletedUser

Can I just point out, this has kind of gone completely off-topic.

I would quite like to hear some more about the Northwestern and Southeastern continents, as there isn't much being said about these areas on the externals :)

DeletedUser

Can I just point out, this has kind of gone completely off-topic.

I would quite like to hear some more about the Northwestern and Southeastern continents, as there isn't much being said about these areas on the externals :)

Northwest part isnt that much alive and interesting. Jokez>> recruited some few Ex-E.P members, in k24 like, Butcherknife and others.

I dont know about Southeast.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Hmmm... i think North-West parts are interesting if you take a look, some wars are being fought at the moment and some interesting merges did take place. If you take one look and cant see differents with one second then that does not mean that nothing is happening :)

Cheers.

DeletedUser

RX4U is in war with Excaliber2, Excaliber and Blood Thirsty. Its has lasted few weeks already. Its war in legal terms (one tribe is fighting with another) but in truth its more like eradication because it seems that they are not fighting back. RX4U is just taking their K under their control :)

DeletedUser

Is this happening in k32? Correct me if I'm wrong

Nothing special about it, just clearing noob tribes in your domain.

We want to see your tribe (RX4U) in real action, perhaps a real war. :icon_wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.