Controversial Topics in your country

DeletedUser79686

walshaw00;5374301]Ok as its ALL the americans VS DD here.
not the case, I'm just posting on what i know and feel about what happened on 9-11.

walshaw00; Right where do we start here, because of what 15-20 men decided to commit a single attack on American Millions of muslims must suffer. If you actually look across the world you will see there are actually more terriost attacks EVERY where else. Even the UK got hit a few years after 9/11. Are we banning mosque's no.
It was more then just 15-20 men involved in this, and many months of planning. there is terriost attacks everywhere, thats a fact. ppl are allowed to build where ever and what ever they want in the USA as long as it meets that states building codes. most dont care if they build it its just the place they chose to do so. It can be built many different places within New York City. It the principal behind it.... There is many mosque's threw out the USA. and for that fact New York. its not funny thinking the US could use another fitness club....that was a very shallow statement. And this is not any nicer...:icon_sad:
walshaw00; Yet we have Kfc, mcdonalds and burger king, all places of the worship of the obese America
Now im having a Big Mac Attack, Yummy!!!! lol I have not insulted either of you's nor told anyone they couldnt post. Im pretty opened minded and laid back about the whole thing.

the Native Americans had just as much mischief as the white man (who was funded) by the Queen at that time, ... so we (USA Citizens) in fact are part of you in England and other countries that came over here. My descendants are from England, so yah I'm part Britt. and my husband is a little less then 1/4 American Indian and that makes my children part American Indian. So again, dont call me prejudice or being bias. as a matter of a fact Im a mutt and damn proud of my roots. :) Really, they dont need that particular lot to build on, its a burial site to many who have nothing left of their loved ones from what happened that day. its where they can go and pay their respects as that is where they have all been buried, and having a mosque built a hop, skip and a jump from there is not sitting well with them and that should be easy enough understood.

DeletedUser91043

Ok as its ALL the americans VS DD here.

Right where do we start here, because of what 15-20 men decided to commit a single attack on American Millions of muslims must suffer. If you actually look across the world you will see there are actually more terriost attacks EVERY where else. Even the UK got hit a few years after 9/11. Are we banning mosque's no.

In fact I will give all you americans a history lesson. There is a country called northern Ireland. They were not happy that us English actually ruled them. So spent 100 years fighting for their freedom. They spent 30 years bombing and killing innocent people. They even tried to blow up the prime minister at the time. Soldiers were killed in high numbers and so were their families. I grew up on an army base abroad and had to do a 10 min check of my car every time we left it for a bomb in or on the vehicle. My father lost many friends, my classmates lost their fathers, many inncoent people were killed in relentless bombing campaigns in Ireland, England, and in english bases in Germany. I have personally seen their devastation up hand, My dad actually has a medal from his tour in Ireland, thats how serious it was. Even now there is high tension still. One of the escalating factors is religion. Do they ban churches over this, NO.

However my point of all this is, we the english nation have suffered a hell of a lot over terrorism, Do we persecute the Irish? NO, do we persecute the Catholics? No, do we persecute the protestants? No. The only people we dont like are the people that funded them during this entire campaign. And guess who that is, you guessed it :icon_wink: America, so please dont come on here stating muslims have no right over a mosque, look back ay your history of funding terriosim first. Yet we have Kfc, mcdonalds and burger king, all places of the worship of the obese America and quite a few in spitting distance of places the American funded IRA attacked in 30 years of terror against the English nation.

That has to be the biggest crock of sh*t you have ever posted.

What about what the English done to the Irish.The English terrorized the Irish as much as we did them.

English soldiers gunning down innocent Irish. Blood Sunday to name one.

Now I don't agree with the bombing etc but it just wasn't just the Irish doing it.Passing blame to one side will only keep the divide strong.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser80269

Walsh the reason you suffer for terrorism is your own countries ignorance, if you were to just let Northern Ireland join the rest of Ireland there wouldn't be these issues about how they are stuck under your control (yes they are protestant but doesnt mean they have to be under the UK's control)... History lessons you will find that England wasn't exactly the nicest nation in the world.... IE: Celts, America (taxation without representation), India... etc...

I have no issues with the United Kingdom, just saying that your arguements for how everything is against the UK is total bs and you know it is... it isnt always the other persons fault maybe some blame should be put on your own country as well

DeletedUser

My point being that America funded the IRA for 30 + years, they therefore encouraged terrorist acts. That was my point. I could list many reasons why the east wanted events like 9/11 to happen. All I was stating that other countries have been through a hell of a lot more and not had the prejudice that America shows to muslims over a single incident.

And where did I say everything was against the UK. Why go back centuries, I'm just looking at the last decade and two. And to put this into context. We had 7/7. I bet most of you lot have never heard of it, when our public transport was targeted and many were killed. Next day it was back to business. Its the english mentality, like the blitz. But do we ask to persecute germans over hitler or irish over IRA or Muslims over 7/7, now, but there are several americans with that attitude on here for 9/11

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser80269

9/11 was such a larger impact though... not trying to downplay anything that has happened in other countries because none of it is good, but this was the destruction of 2 famous buildings with many people in it.... what would it be like if big ben was destroyed with hundreds of thousands in it and thousands more were killed trying to rescue people out of it or had rocks and rubble in their lungs from the collapse.... a bomb blowing up a car (i remember that happening multiple times in france) is just a different magnitude compared to the blowing up of buildings... especially the way they were taken down

DeletedUser

but this was the destruction of 2 famous buildings with many people in it.... what would it be like if big ben was destroyed with hundreds of thousands in it and thousands more were killed trying to rescue people out of it or had rocks and rubble in their lungs from the collapse....

So an attack on america with 4-5,000 causualties is like an attack on other countries thats like hundreds of thousands!!!!! ok :icon_eek: This type of exaggerating is why so many people are prejudice to america. YOU had one unfortunate attack on the country, that is it, so have many other countries over recent years. How many Iraq's and Afghan's have now died at the US hands, for example of the bombing of civilian buildings, dont get me started on the number of UK soldiers lives you took too.

Look up Al-Qaeda and you discover that they looked at targeting the US after the US invaded Muslim states and killed Muslims. If you didnt do that 9/11 would never of happened.

DeletedUser

9/11 was only the largest lost of life and two of the worlds tallest buildings. The U.S has had alot of attacks from terrorist over the past few decades.Our citizens have been held hostage, planes hijacked, government buildings blown up, and anthrax mailed to officials. Since 9/11 20 attemps have been made to blow up airliners and public places. Not all of these have been done by Muslims, but most have been. Our government just finally decided to try and put a stop to it. It is kind of hard to not kill Muslims when trying to kill Muslim terrorist since they themselves are Muslim. The terrorist and insurgent in Iraq hide in the homes, schools, hospitals and Mosque because they know that we will think twice or not attack at all.
The real fact of Iraq is we should have taken Saddam out of power in 1990, not waited 12 years and then don it. Also there have been more civilians killed by the insurgents than by the American solders.

DeletedUser74857

im by no means racist, nor do i judge people by religion, however from a security point of view, stereotyping is a valid technique. Is eveey muslim a terrorist? No. Is every terrorist a muslim? No. But in the case of a suspected suicide bomb for instance, who is more likely to be the culprit? Not many religions and cultures give men that kind of will power. But as i said earlier with the mosque, all you have to do is follow the money. If it leads back to the Ronald McDonald foundation, no
big deal. But if it leads back to a person of interest to terroristic prevention enforcement, it can be a fair assumption that the mosque is a monument to the radical muslims of 9/11. Following the money. Also ill add, with NYC's zoning laws, they could have avoided this whole issue

DeletedUser

So an attack on america with 4-5,000 causualties is like an attack on other countries thats like hundreds of thousands!!!!! ok :icon_eek: This type of exaggerating is why so many people are prejudice to america. YOU had one unfortunate attack on the country, that is it, so have many other countries over recent years. How many Iraq's and Afghan's have now died at the US hands, for example of the bombing of civilian buildings, dont get me started on the number of UK soldiers lives you took too.

Look up Al-Qaeda and you discover that they looked at targeting the US after the US invaded Muslim states and killed Muslims. If you didnt do that 9/11 would never of happened.

Typical Walsh statement here. lets see let me name the attacks on USA you forgot about. Pearl Harbor, USS Cole, Oklahoma Bombing. I am sorry loses happen in war we all know this Walsh. War is ugly I understand that first hand but if you only knew the bad what about all the good we have done there? I came name more than the bad that has happen. Wait we invaded Muslim state we were asked to set up in Saudi is what ticked them off. Instead of going after there own government. Oh wait what about Prince over there that wanted to give every solider 10k worth in american money for our deeds over there. that what pissed them off. If you want to debate this please feel free but state actual facts please thanks.

shatine

usav.jpg

DeletedUser89665

Thought I would share one of the most controversial topics in Indian History.
The Ayodhya Debate goes down as one of the biggest socio-relgious debate in the history of India.

The emergence of the Mughal Dynasty in India in the 16th Century saw the establishment of the Babri Mosque in Ayodhya(The birthplace of Rama,Hindu God).
The Hindus in India saw this as a direct Shame and debated this for several years and on December 6,1992 1,50,000 Karsevaks(Hindu Nationalists) Demolished the mosque.
This lead to riots and this went to court.
The verdict still has not been given but it is scheduled next week.

It is also believed that Mughals demolished a Hindu temple to build the Mosque.

DeletedUser79686

Why do so many ppl want to come to America and live, if were so hated?

Jonu36

You mean mexicans? Lol, don't have much of a choice. :D I don't have anything against America but i think theres a lot of countries that takes much better care of unfortunate folks then America does.

DeletedUser

There are a lot more than just Mexicans coming to our borders. Brits, Muslims and others are included. Probably that Social Medicine you all have. And that our idiot president wants us all to pay. No Thanks. As for us being ignorant that maybe true but Walsh seems like he hates Americans anyway. Yes I heard of your attacks in Great Britain. We should just turn our back on next time you need our help to bail you out of. It is funny how America this is bad and this is bad. Can we borow money or technology to build planes. Or hey can you come help defend us. Like I always said is what we should do. Close the borders shoot on sight anyone and everything that comes close. Care for our own and see what happens then to your countries when the biggest trade country in the world ends all trades. UMMM don't be so naive people more than meets the eye. Oh wait here the kicker folks I hope your country is friends with Chile as they are the only other country that can turn Crude Oil into use able oil if we close up shop huh. So walsh don't be so one sided all the time look at the bigger picture. You may hate us for what we have or what ever but sooner or later you will need us.

DeletedUser

I couldnt be bothered replying to the drivel first time around, and then you want to single me out again.

Maybe you should get your facts right first Dave. Yes every country in the world asks america for their technology. This is the ignorance that the rest of the world hates. I would prefer to go and ask japan for their technology as they are alot more advanced than yourselves, who would of thought that after you dropped the atom bomb on them. But hey killing tens of thousands of women and children is ok as it was "war". Name a conflict America hasnt killed women or children, or even their own side.

This thread was started about terroism, but you bring up attacks on the military. Cause only an american would class pearl harbour as a terroist attack. That suprise attack on the USA two years into a global war :icon_rolleyes:

And of course Britain NEEDS USA, thats why Blair went to afganistan and Iraq as Bush begged him too. So much there is huge uproar as we were not attacked internally till we went, and we didnt gain anything from it, except losing many lives at muslim and American hands(friendly fire yet again).

I guess America dont need to trade as they attack a country because of 9/11. 9/11 involved every middle eastern nationallity except iraqi's, so who do america invade in the war against terroism. Thats right Iraq :icon_surprised: Who is getting all those OIL rights. I wonder.

Its the ignorance and we are better than everyone atitude that is why America is probably the most hated country in the world. I may just be posting, but trust me you are :icon_wink: And your answer is why do so many people want to go there. Yeah cause only America has immigration :icon_confused:

DeletedUser

As Jack Nicholson says.......

Why can't we all just get along?

There's a hell of a lot of stereotyping going on here. Terrorism is terrorism. Nobody should be arguing over whose got the Top Trump of terrorist attacks. If a nailbomb kills just one person it's an action that should never have happened.
There's no need to be hating on an entire country just because of the actions of some individuals. I'm not pretending the UK is holier than thou. I'm ashamed of the things we have done in the past and, to some degree, what we do now. I feel a lot less patriotic than I used to years ago. We have our own migrant issues which is spiralling out of control but I hold no malice towards them, they're just trying to earn a living.

Dave, I was looking into moving myself and my family to the USA at the start of this year. If this is the welcome I'd get then I may have to reconsider. Yes, I was looking forward to a better life, mainly because I have a lot of US friends and like the general outlook most of them have. Nothing to do with Social Medicine. With regards to members of the UK, we can't get into the USA via the green card lottery. We must have sponsorship from a US company and a degree or work based equivalent (in addition to proving the position is in an area of which there are a shortage of American workers) so it really isn't that easy. This also brings extra revenue into your country when you look into the finer details of the process.

Sahil, I haven't disregarded your post, to be honest I hadn't heard about it but I will follow the link.