CORP Declares - And a Message

TheBarbarian

Today is a very special day, as I lose my external forum virginity. I wish it was under better circumstances but this is going to be a bit of a rant, so strap yourselves in.

I'll start off with a little bit of background for those who don't know me. My name is Karl, and I'm a member of the tribe Infamous Glory. I'm by no means a big or important member, but today - something had me a little rattled.

A lot has been said over the past few weeks and months about lack of external activity, and quite frankly, it's hard to disagree. The TW community appears to have dwindled down to almost nothing in comparison to what it used to be, so much so that the rim on a world only 3.5 months old hasn't grown in nearly a month. It's almost as if TW has lost its charm.

And it's not hard to see why.

Back in the glory days there was plenty of PnP to keep you on your toes, along with declarations that turned into essays, which were well thought out and written and being done so every week. Arguments would be fierce and raging, and tensions would rise faster than when your best mate pulled your crush at your first house party. I'm not the kind of guy to wallow in sadness, but these are times long gone by and it IS sad.
What can be said nowadays? None of the above I can tell you that much.
Tribes are cockier and have devious tactics with not a set of b*llocks about it. In truth, I don't mind this at all. It has always been the way of the game. What I can no longer stand is the lack of respect and as such, we end up with this:

---------------

Ally Infamous Glory
Enemy Marvel/DC Corporation
Title Honorable to Intolerable
Start today at 11:33:03
End ---
Duration 3:53:45
Forum thread
Explanation
Nothing Personal just business.

I hope you was not expecting a decent PnP.

---------------

War was coming. I knew that. CORP knew that. Anyone with half a brain knew that.
Anyone can look at the layout of the world and see that InFame was the weaker of the main rim tribes - what can be expected? We're only the 3rd tribe CORP has declared war on in under 2 months that happens to be less than 1/4 their size. And with that, the 3rd tribe to have received a similar boring explanation, "just business".

It isn't the war that bothers me, like I said, anyone with half a brain knew it was coming.
What gets to me is the manor in which it was declared.

In response to the declaration, CORP: no, we didn't expect any decent PnP. And therein lies the point. Instead you recruited our 2 biggest players before declaring war. What a way to reduce the threat of embarrassment, eh? Classy, real classy.
The real shame is that is what is to be expected nowadays. Your lack of class in the past is the reason for the bad image you guys are presenting us with now, which is a big shame considering the scope of talent in the ranks.

But I digress. I'm not here to have a go at CORP, I'm here to have an overall rant.
I'd therefore like to give you all a little something to think about.
Below is something taken from another thread in this forum:

---------------

W91 Predictions.
Discussion in 'World 91' started by Incoming impact, Wednesday at 11:07 PM.

Hello Tw community.

I have been reading the W91 externals and they seem to be so boring and this is my attempt to try and make them a little bit more exciting.

---------------

We can put the blame on the TW Team all we want about why this game is slowing down, whether it be the overuse of PP or the lack of advertisement outside of the game. Perhaps it was the loss of the speed worlds on the .NET server. We may never get a chance to know before they shut it down for good!
What is my viewpoint? That half-arsed attitudes, as shown on occasion by Sam for example, has sucked the life out of the game. Yet people want the externals to be a little more "exciting"??????????????
How is an external forum meant to be exciting with THAT declaration? How is the game meant to get back to its former glory when its own players can't be bothered to have a little bit of fun?
"We want war because we can have war and are likely to win the war but we aren't going to make a proper declaration because you aren't worth it" is essentially the message that CORP have just sent. Safe to say that my 5 year old niece could've written it with more intelligence and respect. I can give you her contact details if you need them?

The main point of this thread really is not to bad-mouth anyone in particular. I apologise to Sam for singling him out but that's just the way it fell and it is purely for the sake of an example - I mean no disrespect. At the end of the day, everyone is doing it and that is just another contributing factor as to why this game has become boring.
This is the first world that I've played since early 2012 and it didn't exactly take long to see how everything went to sh*t.

On the bright-side though, this world is about to liven up for us guys. Good luck to CORP, but we aren't going down without swinging.

Karl, The Barbarian.

*edit*
It took all of 15 minutes to write this whilst I ate. Point is it isn't hard to write a decent piece for the forums.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Well done! CORP and Sam in particular really have no class or shame. Remember my prediction in my top K analysis, for the K65 player it was "Future may be in question due to CORP probably coming down south, bah, who am I kidding CORP only knows how to recruit players."

Its pathetic, CORP recruits refugees from wars and then recruits the top players of Rim tribes before declaring war.... I know that I'm hoping for a chance to give Sam the rimming he deserves with his poor leadership and overall lack of enthusiasm for playing the game with any semblance of honor.

Last edited by a moderator:

Incoming impact

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
No offence was intended when I typed up that declaration.

I just do not see the point in me Typing one up for my Wonderful fan club to hate on it ;)

Sam

TheBarbarian

No offence was intended when I typed up that declaration.

I just do not see the point in me Typing one up for my Wonderful fan club to hate on it ;)

Sam

And again, you highlight the problem perfectly.
You want the forums to be more exciting, but are contributing nothing to it. In the past tribes would posts PnP just for the sake of it, and nowadays there is nothing because you simply "do not see the point". It's lazy, and borderline arrogant. If you want the externals to be more exciting, then be the leader for it and set an example - just as you do in the game.
The hate is what you're supposed to be attracting. Where else would all the "fun" come from?

Karl.

ToPaT

I guess if Sam was successful in his recruitment attempt of Apathy members then this would of played out differently.
wonder.gif

But instead he recruited from Infame and then warred them I guess.
laugh.gif

DeletedUser

I guess if Sam was successful in his recruitment attempt of Apathy members then this would of played out differently.
wonder.gif

But instead he recruited from Infame and then warred them I guess.
laugh.gif

So I was right? :O

Anaconda

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
I am in the process of rebuilding the forum guides, including the PnP area. I am monitoring W91 for some good grist to add to the guide. Lets see what all you have!

Last edited:

ToPaT

So basically, how to PnP is this but less words as people have short attention spans. How not to PnP, just read incoming impacts previous posts...

Michael Corleone.

Hahahahaha Sam has to steal war titles from other worlds.

Tyrell Wellick

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Pretty crazy so far.

Side 1:
Tribes: CORP
Side 2:
Tribes: Infame
Timeframe: Last week
Total conquers against opposite side:
Side 1:
Side 2: 0
Difference: 2
chart

Points value of total conquers against opposite side:
Side 1:
Side 2: 0
Difference: 18,693
chart

DeletedUser

When are you gonna recruit Apathy members and declare on someone your own size Sam?

DeletedUser116879

IMO Corp were not in the wrong to recruit those 2 players nor how they declared war. the only people who were in the wrong are those who left. I liked it when tw players had some loyalty. a lot less players have that attribute now then there used to be which is a shame. GL Corp and Infame.

DeletedUser120151

Love these stats, don't you? :)

Side 1:
Players: ciuciulete
Side 2:
Tribes: CORP

Timeframe: Forever

Total conquers against opposite side:

Side 1: 3
Side 2: 1
Difference: 2

chart

Points value of total conquers against opposite side:

Side 1: 18,879
Side 2: 6,977
Difference: 11,902

chart

grave maker

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
It doesnt really matter that corp recruited them or not... isnt that strategy? Break down your opponent before the fighting actually starts? Not like infame would have stood a great chance against corp either way. When corp faces an equal opponent who won't have people leaving their tribe, then it will be interesting. But this thread seems like it was posted mainly due to saltiness anyway. Besides, recruiting enemy flakes can be a good and bad thing. Sometimes you get a loyal member, and sometimes you'll get someone who will just hop to the next best opportunity that comes to them like they did before.

aquilon

It doesnt really matter that corp recruited them or not... isnt that strategy? Break down your opponent before the fighting actually starts? Not like infame would have stood a great chance against corp either way. When corp faces an equal opponent who won't have people leaving their tribe, then it will be interesting. But this thread seems like it was posted mainly due to saltiness anyway. Besides, recruiting enemy flakes can be a good and bad thing. Sometimes you get a loyal member, and sometimes you'll get someone who will just hop to the next best opportunity that comes to them like they did before.

Which is why you crush them first beforw recruiting the best members, that way you know you are getting quality rather than running the possibility of getting crap