Countdown to the End of the World

deadsocks

There's always a lot of quitters at the start of new academic years. I'm aware this isn't the same for every country, but a lot of us start anew in Autumn.
There's also a big war going on, which maybe encourages people to delete and spite their enemy rather than to "fade out, fade in" like happens in "peacetime" (if there is such a thing in this game).
I am completely sure this is a seasonal matter rather than a general trend for W24, however a few more "seasons" like this and we won't have anyone left to play :p

DeletedUser

Excellent post and I wholeheartedly agree - especially with point 1

I had only played W5 before this world and it was just too complicated with all the extra units and Paladins for a noob to get their head around quickly enough to be active - plus it was just too slow to rebuild and attack over distances so people just turtled

I did join the odd world between 6 and 14 ang again just ended up being unlucky enough to end up in the wrong place on the map, but nothing in the settings (especially tech levels which are just a waste of time as EVERYONE ends up with max levels so whats the point after a month or two) excited me

W24 to me is the stripped out basics of how it should be - minimum buildings, no complicated tech or research, basic troops (though I did miss the little tactical advantage of paladins), no church and fast enough to be interesting but not so fast as to make the newbs give up

This will probably be my last world unless the planned "no farming" one comes out or another identical settings world shows up

=RedFox=

On Jan 17th
409 players - MINUS 93
49 tribes - MINUS 6
294,919 villages - plus 7

Dropping like flies (and I'm betting that there are less than 100 people left who play "seriously" i.e logging in every day)

Down to 300 players

deadsocks

Already just 230 non-rimmed players, 248 including the 0-pointers. Minus 70 or minus 52... since April. Which kinda blows my mind a bit.

Also, 27 tribes with points, 37 including 10 without. Minus 12 from Glyn's update.
294,946 villages, or plus 37(!) Since Glyn's update.

Also, I just noticed there's a "newest player" feature on 24, even though we're a closed world... congratulations tgruenheit for being the last ever to join :')

DeletedUser

I used to play this world a long time ago as the original holder of the Forkrul account, then I quit, then I came back for a little bit and then quit again. I quit TW for good about 5 months ago and won't be coming back. I couldn't remember the pass on my old forum account so I used an alias to post here. Anyway, just wanted to say congrats to everyone and good luck in whatever you go onto. I'm not sure how many of you are still around from when I was here or are even still playing but no world after this one was ever as good.

DeletedUser100593

i loved this world.. well thought sep 20th it ends and had a hope that i would atleast will stay with one village.. seems my hopes got shattered..100% dominance has been introduced....:(

lars

Still many familiar names:icon_biggrin:

Good luck finishing up this world

DeletedUser

I love you forkrul <3

You refused my FB request so I hate you instead :D

DeletedUser94483

Sad...barry chuckle booted me from this world after a small battle against him.....all those forums i couldnt download :(