Countdown to the end of the world

DeletedUser

weekly updates of how many players & tribes in world 47...

currently there are:

Number of players: 1.608
Number of tribes: 162

on February 8th there were:

1,632 players (-24 players)
164 tribes (-2 tribes)

DeletedUser

weekly updates of how many players & tribes in world 47...

currently there are:

14 Feb. 2011

Number of players: 1.608
Number of tribes: 162

Today:

1,587 players (-21 players)
167 tribes (+5 tribes)

DeletedUser92671

no we tell people to make new tribes to make our enemy list look hencher ...

Juslukin

Alternate definition for end of the world?

This world is not at this stage, but what happens if a world becomes very stagnant and no one has achieved the dominance necessary to declare a winner? Should there be some sort of measure of activity level which would be used as an alternative measure/means for determining the end of a world (with no declared winner?).

For example, (admittedly an extreme one);

What if there are still 1000 players still registered as playing the game but only one person has had any change in village points or OD or XXX for weeks. Yet that person only just joined and is the lowest level player by any measure that is used. Do you keep the world going until the other 999 players go inactive?

What if one of the other players bought a whole bunch of points at the Xmas sale and has auto renew turned on? The game could continue for months or years with only a single person playing sim village.

I think that the game should be stopped at that point. If people agree to that, then it only makes sense to have some measure of activity which, when it goes too low, would define the end of the world with no declared winner.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

1,510 players (-38 players)
168 tribes

1,480 players (-30 players)
155 tribes (-13 tribes)

This number doesn't include those players that Juslukin has a good point about (players that are/could be inactive)... at last count, there were approximately 170 players with 116 points or less on the stats list.

I truly don't believe this world will ever get to the point of inactivity like Juslukin said, especially since it is open to joining still. But the problem with joining might be... they join this world, look at the map, say "ohhhhh sh*t", and never come back ;)

DeletedUser

Does anybody have any idea why tribes might be being formed?

DeletedUser92671

larger tribes disbanding,
people making one man band tribes,
new players joining (but obvs less than are quitting) and making themselves a tribe at 116 points like many people do,

i dunno just some suggestions

DeletedUser

11 of the top 20 tribes have 4 or fewer players... many players (i think) are somewhat isolated, and form their own tribe. Several tribes have disbanned also, and fractioned off into several smaller tribes. Not sure if it would help for them to all ban together... would make things more interesting i believe though.

DeletedUser

Not sure if it would help for them to all ban together... would make things more interesting i believe though.

Pretty sure i recently got flamed by you saying that LAP was a pointless war an no one cared. I doubt any new resistance would be *more* interesting than LAP's insurrection. To each their own opinion i guess.

DeletedUser

I'm (almost) positive I've never flamed you or anyone for the LAP war. If and when I've flamed, it was for constantly waving the "they hugged and we won't take it" flag in everyone's face. Then people patting themselves on the back for putting up a fight.

I believe at this stage, no one cares regardless... your opinion is well noted and agreed upon.

DeletedUser

I'm (almost) positive I've never flamed you or anyone for the LAP war. If and when I've flamed, it was for constantly waving the "they hugged and we won't take it" flag in everyone's face. Then people patting themselves on the back for putting up a fight.

I believe at this stage, no one cares regardless... your opinion is well noted and agreed upon.

no, you're right. i was thinking of imsureidontlike or something of the sort. Sorry ;.;

@SD i'm unsure *shrug* you used the wrong thread :p

Social Disorder

1.338 players (-58 players)
151 tribes (-6 tribes)

Extra:
579 players are tribeless
184 players have 116 or less points
842 players have less than 5k points