Countdown!

MichielK

World 16 is closed for new members, so let's start a countdown!

28,063 players left
26,860 players with points left

2,871 tribes left
2,839 tribes with points left

This could take a while! :icon_eek:

DeletedUser

Of course the Librarian (cough cough old man cough) would jump at the chance to post this.

But yes I do believe it'll take a while.

DeletedUser

It will be interesting to see one of these from the start.

DeletedUser

Blitzen09 said:
304,848 villages
wait, the number of villages won't change.....the number of player held villages and abandoned will change....but not overall villages...

DeletedUser

wait, the number of villages won't change.....the number of player held villages and abandoned will change....but not overall villages...

That's wrong. Players inside the world can still restart thus creating more villages.

DeletedUser

so even when the world is closed players can still restart....what happens when there is literally NO more room at all....

DeletedUser

so even when the world is closed players can still restart....what happens when there is literally NO more room at all....

The amount of players that restart is literally tiny. It never happens :)

DeletedUser

thats pretty much my point then....why count the total amount of villages if it barely goes up at all!

MichielK

That's actually where I got the idea. Your numbers are off from mine though (the players actually increased)...are you using TW Stats? I'm using the in-game rankings.

As Trop said, it may be interesting to see one of these countdowns from the moment the world closes to new players...may be just my obsession with statistics though :icon_wink:

28,002 players (down 61)
2,871 tribes (unchanged)

DeletedUser

going by the rankings in game now there are 26,851 players with points and 2844 tribes with points now.

DeletedUser

The amount of players that restart is literally tiny. It never happens :)

actually if you check the first documented village amount for w2 to the present you will see there is a significant change, and it effects you in the long run.

Current w2- 273,527 villages
19 May 2008- 271,950 villages

As you will notice that is a difference of 1577 now anyone that knows what that means point wise that is about 15 million points sitting out there, a player just taking the new villages around the rim that appeared in 193 days time can be the biggest player in the world. So think about that in terms to how many villages can be going to your enemy if they are the one next to those re starters that only change a little as was put.

DeletedUser

the final countdown time to wipe some players (looks around see 3000 point barbs:icon_eek:) shame there's heaps of barbs around that are better targets then the players:icon_rolleyes:

do you really think that a player on the rim stands a chance against a core player?:icon_eek:

:icon_twisted:I sure hope so:icon_twisted:

MichielK

If the rim player is skilled, why not? I imagine the truly skilled players would thrive no matter what their position on the map is.

The rim player can focus fully on expansion, while the core player probably has very little interest in the rim player due to morale/distance/other issues begging for his or her attention. In addition, the rim player has better farming, more expansion room, less competition, etc.

Just my thoughts though, and this is my first world so I'm sure others know better :icon_wink:

Anyway, back to the countdown:

Total players: 27,525 (down 477)
Players with points: 26,384 (down 467)

Total tribes: 2,837 (down 34)
Tribes with points: 2,808 (down 36)

DeletedUser

the final countdown time to wipe some players (looks around see 3000 point barbs:icon_eek:) shame there's heaps of barbs around that are better targets then the players:icon_rolleyes:

do you really think that a player on the rim stands a chance against a core player?:icon_eek:

:icon_twisted:I sure hope so:icon_twisted:

Yeah some of the larger accounts that exist in the other worlds are players that start late next to the wall on the rim. and they are some of the most deadly.

It is just most core players do not get to meet rim players till later when both are huge and all over the map. So their origin is forgotten.

DeletedUser

actually if you check the first documented village amount for w2 to the present you will see there is a significant change, and it effects you in the long run.

Current w2- 273,527 villages
19 May 2008- 271,950 villages

As you will notice that is a difference of 1577 now anyone that knows what that means point wise that is about 15 million points sitting out there, a player just taking the new villages around the rim that appeared in 193 days time can be the biggest player in the world. So think about that in terms to how many villages can be going to your enemy if they are the one next to those re starters that only change a little as was put.

By tiny, I meant percentage wise compared to the overall amount. That is less than 0.5? of the worlds total mass. You are right though, to someone who lives on the rim, thats alot of potential food.

DeletedUser

By tiny, I meant percentage wise compared to the overall amount. That is less than 0.5? of the worlds total mass. You are right though, to someone who lives on the rim, thats alot of potential food.

That is why it still is interesting, also it shows how many people are rimmed just in the time period that has passed between posts and than restarted. :icon_razz:

DeletedUser

Yeah some of the larger accounts that exist in the other worlds are players that start late next to the wall on the rim. and they are some of the most deadly.

It is just most core players do not get to meet rim players till later when both are huge and all over the map. So their origin is forgotten.

Hmmmm..... (looks around to find the nearest edge) :icon_cool: sweet i stand a chance and could be one of those deadly players :icon_twisted:

anyway I completely nobled my first player :icon_twisted:

and the stats are

27,524 players, (Down 1)
26,348 players with points (unchanged)

305,539 villages, (Up 691)

2,835 tribes (Down 2)
2,807 tribes with points (Down 1)

and another one bites the dust :icon_biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator:

MichielK

This is actually going faster than I thought so far, we're losing 1% per day.

Total players: 26,856 (down 668)
Players with points: 25,784 (down 600)

Total tribes: 2,776 (down 59)
Tribes with points: 2,746 (down 61)