Countdown.

DeletedUser

Starting a thread for players at W40 to share opinions about how things at W40 in general is developing (wars, strategies, relations, activity and other game related issues). Clearing the air and laughing a bit hopefully without too much spam, bias or grumpy negativism/critisizm.

Please do ad/share/answer (with rather a bit humour).

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I don't think relations are very good between the KATAF. and NMSF. which to me is kind of a shame. Yeah we're meant to be enemies and all but there seems to be too much dislike of each other tribe in the air. I don't know any of the KATA guys and I'm sure their all good guys (or girls). So relationship wise I think its decreasing but within the families I think it is getting stronger as we begin to know more about the people we are playing with.

DeletedUser

Well i can sort of see where your coming from Rup but to be honest i don't dislike anyone in NMS F. There are those who vex me at times and those who i don't exactly see eye to eye with but nobody that i dislike with any greatness. Prehaps the solution lies in a World 40 Chat room, a place where both people from NMS and Kata can relax and chat about anything, argue all night long if needed; but it would get some people on speaking terms and make some realize were not all that different. I agree with the idea that although we are fighting each other we should not take it personally and this doesn't mean i want Tribal Hugs, im happy growing off and fighting NMS but some respect wouldn't go amiss.. :icon_rolleyes:

Meh just my 2 cents :)

DeletedUser

:) W40 chat room. Sounds fun but I can see 2k posts a day flooding my skype. I could never do any work then

DeletedUser

lol

Kata & NMS used to talk quite a bit & although there were tensions we accepted that we were more like 2 competing sporting teams - no need for malice, hate etc.

I know, like & respect a number of players that are still in NMS & speak with a few, although less than I used to before this war started.

It seems likely that if we play another world after this one, that we'll be on the same side one day - unless I'm too much of a noob of course :)

DeletedUser

LOL! You never know, new world, same tribe, probably a good possibility.

Severin and I have been friends since early world 40, the war hasn't changed anything.

DeletedUser

send yer parrot up fer me on that one lyonene!

on-topic: since good parts o' kata and nms be actually made up o' tribes that broke into 2 different groups mainly due tae geography, would expect they both have friends and foes alike.

DeletedUser

Goodness, call it a day, start a spam room, give each other a hug and we'll all play on 57.

DeletedUser

Ugh don't listen to scabbie lol. he took 3 days to think up that comment. and about fin i'll ask him when he's coming down next time we speak :)

Whats your skype thelastfight?

DeletedUser

send yer parrot up fer me on that one lyonene!

on-topic: since good parts o' kata and nms be actually made up o' tribes that broke into 2 different groups mainly due tae geography, would expect they both have friends and foes alike.

I wouldn't count on him, Nik. He bailed on me in W50. Also Luke prefers trying to talk his opponents to death instead of actually fighting them. :icon_wink:

I started this world with a small pre-made tribe made up of both tribemates & opponents from W30. It's sad only a couple are left - but we had a lot of fun & I'd try it again.
The support setting here makes it especially challenging & I've met some amazing players & learned a lot :)

DeletedUser

Yes I agree that the settings on this world have made it a real challenge.
The combination of no outside tribe support, tribe limit 60, church; & fake limit do make this world harder than average.
Of course folks from other worlds might say that simple tech system & coins make it easier than their worlds, but recaps do seem to be more common here, mostly due to the support rule I believe.

DeletedUser

I wouldn't count on him, Nik. He bailed on me in W50. Also Luke prefers trying to talk his opponents to death instead of actually fighting them. :icon_wink:

I started this world with a small pre-made tribe made up of both tribemates & opponents from W30. It's sad only a couple are left - but we had a lot of fun & I'd try it again.
The support setting here makes it especially challenging & I've met some amazing players & learned a lot :)

well ye know how da pen be sharper than da blade or w/e dat sayin be!!!

and w50 sucked
piratetongueor4.gif

DeletedUser

...and w50 sucked
piratetongueor4.gif

Yeah it did- was brutal - the only thing I miss about a 2X speed world with no church & no morale is the troop rebuild speed...lol
Nasty as it was I still took away a few things. From Hazad I learned lots of things especially how to snipe really well, & this was before the snipe script. From schoolofishes (Tracey) I learned the importance of coordinated tribal support. From Lakewind acct- who used to play here w/KATA, the value of dedicated farming. And from some of my cannibalistic tribemates to be more careful where I placed my trust.

Sorry- off topic a little there...lol The point is that it's not just the world settings that make the game, it's the players - opponents & tribemates. I value both.

W40 is completely different from my other two worlds. It seems to be moving much faster than W30 & I feel like it might even end earlier.
Can anyone who's been thru end game care to comment?

DeletedUser

Well i occasionally pick up Late game Accounts and help co-play them for the short term when friends ask me to help out. But i do have to say out of most late game wars despite the settings World 40 is moving very fast and unless we all suddenly stop caring and go inactive i can't see the trend dropping off. :icon_neutral:

Its the combination of the players, determination of some and the attitudes that for me have kept World 40 interesting and have driven me personally onto carrying on playing this game albeit in semi-retirement. :icon_wink:

I do think after World 40 ends if not too many people have hung up their boots we should go onto whatever newer world arises both friend and foe alike. No matter who you ask you will hear the same story, World 40 has certainly been unique and far away from any other world i have played either in the late game or even in start-ups. It has been a pleasure to fight with and against many people on this world. And NO im not going soft! :icon_biggrin:

DeletedUser

Kachine, are you gonna play at any level again on any account here in W40? Care to share what is up with you nowadays or are you gonna keep it private?

me be plannin on drinkin rum at a moonlit shore, with a wench by me side and a cannon pointed at da bastards whom granted me breathin holes in me back with'em sharp tipped knives, them, along foes dat me promised tae face at one point in time!

only thing that be stoppin in me way, be a certain scallywag who be sober when me be drunk!

@cally, ye would've learnt all that if'n ye accepted me offer all them months ago back in TN days
zix0tl.gif
, we had a beast o' TW on deck that hated't when folks yell... a matey that me'll nevarrr ferget and still wait upon his return!

35se

so going back to this boring forum to find something to occupy my time. and since there is nothing here i figured i would go spam the market to get the guru award.

i hope the NMS players i picked filter the market reports :p

DeletedUser

At the moment:
4260 players registered..
4111 players with points more than 0 (lol)
487 players over 100K points
264 players over 1mil points..