Create your own custom overview

Do you like this idea?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ULTRAFUSE

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Hello,

I want to suggest a possibility where we create our own custom overview.
In this overview we should be able to select various of things, but of course it is required to have villages names there.

So if I want to have an overview like this:
Village name - Points - Resources - Spears - Swords - Axe - Archers - Flag

I would be able to make my custom overview display those things for each individual village.
Making it look like this:
kR3Nh8R.png

Apologies for my poor inspect element.

This would be improving playing quality a lot.

saad749

Reaction score
I hope it gets added rather quickly. Many a times I want to assign flag based on pop used, but there is no pop column in research overview. similarly I cant see warehouse in combined overview.

One Last Shot...

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
I've voted no for now more because it isn't a fully fleshed out idea and because of that I have concerns about the potential complexity.

Would love to see more details behind the idea. How would it impact on / improve gameplay significantly from current overviews? What would be the customizable elements and the parts that should be restricted the?

Deleted User - 11549951

Great idea!

Just a quick question, as this is something i've wanted to do since the i first got given 200pp to activate premium account back in 2009:

could this measure include the ability to merge 2 dynamic groups as to create a point of a+b rather than a & b so as to make organizing hundreds, thousands or tens of thousands of villages, much easier, for example:

villages with 300k wood + and 300k iron + could both be in the same group rather than having 3 identical groups for a different resource.
the same would apply with farming groups, organizing under-developed villages ( i don't like and see it as a waste of money to activate account manager ), troop models, etc etc

SwedishBlueCheese

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Great idea!

Just a quick question, as this is something i've wanted to do since the i first got given 200pp to activate premium account back in 2009:

could this measure include the ability to merge 2 dynamic groups as to create a point of a+b rather than a & b so as to make organizing hundreds, thousands or tens of thousands of villages, much easier, for example:

villages with 300k wood + and 300k iron + could both be in the same group rather than having 3 identical groups for a different resource.
the same would apply with farming groups, organizing under-developed villages ( i don't like and see it as a waste of money to activate account manager ), troop models, etc etc

This is already possible. Go to the bottom and >> edit combinations on a dynamic group

57dcd65cde12b0996744e19b816cc2a0.png

Deleted User - 11549951

it doesnt work properly

even for 3 resource groups it fails.
the troops grouping works even worse :(

Annotation 2020-08-29 142932.png

Deleted User - 11549951

so for example, a line in the middle of the page
separating all villages who have population used >20000 and contains building: farm = level 30
on the other side, all those villages, minus all the villages who dont have axeman belonging to the village > 5500

i don't want to get too much into maths ( AuB, A B , A B C, A B u C, ETC ) are important calculations.
but it doesn't allow to make full computations, comparisons, without having to make groups i delete immediately after.

ULTRAFUSE

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
I've voted no for now more because it isn't a fully fleshed out idea and because of that I have concerns about the potential complexity.

Would love to see more details behind the idea. How would it impact on / improve gameplay significantly from current overviews? What would be the customizable elements and the parts that should be restricted the?

Hi,

I am not a developer and thus can't go into extreme depth to what is possible and what isn't. I believe it makes the gameplay more accessible and can assist in getting the most out of the game.

One Last Shot...

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Hi,

I am not a developer and thus can't go into extreme depth to what is possible and what isn't. I believe it makes the gameplay more accessible and can assist in getting the most out of the game.

Very politician-esque answer as it isn't giving any extra detail :p

How would it make the game more accessible for the majority of the player base?
How would it assist in getting more out of the game that you can't already do from the current overviews?

Not asking to be difficult, just that I don't understand why this would improve the game as the various overviews already show all this information, and combined with dynamic groups that already covers all of the benefits so far as I can see...so am just asking for more detail to show why it would actually improve gameplay :)

ULTRAFUSE

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Very politician-esque answer as it isn't giving any extra detail :p

How would it make the game more accessible for the majority of the player base?
How would it assist in getting more out of the game that you can't already do from the current overviews?

Not asking to be difficult, just that I don't understand why this would improve the game as the various overviews already show all this information, and combined with dynamic groups that already covers all of the benefits so far as I can see...so am just asking for more detail to show why it would actually improve gameplay :)

Hi,

As to your first question, you're taking away the extra step users have to do in order to complete their desired action. As an user above gave as an example, he would like to use population flags and look at the population of a certain village at the same time. Unless going back and forward between overviews over and over again, this would directly solve that.

Secondly, perhaps the many overviews providing various of different segments is too overwhelming for some players. It is a lot of information, thus, one is more likely to oversee functions/options. Being able to organise your own overview ensures a custom and tailored experience to what you need.

Additionally I have to say, if for all overviews I would resort to using dynamic groups, it would be a chaos. Right now I have 15ish groups and it's already a bit chaotic for my liking.

lodi94

Reaction score
It seems to be a nice small qol update but really really hard to implement. Probably not worth the work.

it doesnt work properly

even for 3 resource groups it fails.
the troops grouping works even worse :(

View attachment 5530

Sorry for the ot but ofc this way doesn't work. You have to drag inside the box the elements you want to combine using the "OR". If you just add an empty OR box it will do nothing. It may be anti-intuitive at a first glance, but if you get used to it you will discover that it works perfectly fine.

Deleted User - 11549951

I'm not sure these things are supposed to be easy