Critique Thread

DeletedUser

1) I made that pattern :p (it's part of the tut)
2) I forgot about a focal, I still need to edit it all so I'll go back and work on that :)

tut

DeletedUser

This piece took me like 2h30m but it's finally ready,the background is made completely from duplicates of the render and smudging work...:)

lawtrapped.png

(it looks better on a darker background)

Here's the render:http://sneakybaron.com/albums/FTP_uploaded/Sensational_Spiderman_1.png

DeletedUser

nice amorphous purple blob you got yourself there
on a more caring note i can tell that you were completely tunnel visioned, try to avoid that

DeletedUser

@Law A little more blue would do well in this sig. Most of it is monotone at the moment.Other than that I quite like it.

@harb The focal point is way too big for this sig, it takes up most of it. You need to incorporate more of a person if you're going to get into the higher levels of sig making. Right now it has what we call "Floating Head syndrome".

@Nubz The tutorial maker is making you do stuff which isn't exactly right again Beckie. The clipping mask squares on the left side break up the flow and the colours of the render and the rest of the sig don't work well together.

DeletedUser

@Nubz The tutorial maker is making you do stuff which isn't exactly right again Beckie. The clipping mask squares on the left side break up the flow and the colours of the render and the rest of the sig don't work well together.

I disagree on both counts >< but thanks

DeletedUser

I posted this to Nubz on skype but I thought I may as well post it here as well, someone else may find it useful:

The main objective to flow is to lead the viewers eye into the sig, through the most important aspects of it, and then out again. Currently in your sig, we can see a clear upwards and outwards trend, which would generally work just fine, but the presence of the clipping mask boxes stops the viewers eyes from naturally flowing upwards and out of the sig. Our eyes automatically stop at these points. Breaking the flow can be used well, but it hasn't been here. You see, breaking flow creates conflict within the sig, and the eye is drawn to this because it is different. But, in your sig, the conflict is created in a fairly irrelevant part of the sig, away from the focal. So they would do well being replaced with something else.

DeletedUser

much better :)

Critique please? First tag in a while :D

MassEffects.png

V2
mass_fx_by_rockstarincorporated-d42pild.png

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser95815

Awesome as always. Funny, just been looking through your showroom)
Maybe add a bit more blending. :)

DeletedUser

apoc2.png

Anyone have any ideas for improvement? It needs something more, but I can't think of what.

DeletedUser

As you can probably guess, I'm new to Graphics :)
I made this piece using a tut..
[spoil]
vapourizewtext.jpg
[/spoil]
Any CnC?