Critique Thread

DeletedUser

savetheducks.png

:icon_cool:

DeletedUser

Har, might wanna flip the duck because right now it reads 'save the bucks'

Jussayin.

Other thank that it is an interesting piece that I like.

Good Work.

DeletedUser81336

D:
Good point myname (love that name btw). :p
Also if possible sharpen it a bit?

DeletedUser

RuSerious - not bad for your first/early one imo mate. quality of the images is good. Multiple focals and text placing though makes your eyes leap all over the place - its not really clear whats the main bit. Perhaps stick with the eye or stick with the blue girl and go from there....

trying something re smudging which i've never really done before. But i want to get away from the cartoony cut outs i've been using a lot recently. CnC please

smudgegirlpublish1.png

Completely out of the blue but i was just looking around this forum and spotted this and i think it would look really good if you put her infront of a long corridor if you can kinda understand what im saying? (btw i know nothing...)

DeletedUser

The BG is pretty epic but I think a more fitting render should be used. The render with the BG just doesn't work for me.

DeletedUser

Do something to the layer where you just used the pick tool.

Use another effect or smudge it so it flows with your C4Ds

DeletedUser100345

render is centered andbg is imo to blurred/smudged
kick font and think about a concept for your effectstocks

genebad71c22png.png

DeletedUser101662

Thats what I thought to :icon_cool:
I just did'nt wana say anything in case I was wrong :icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser100345

At the top of her forehead something is out of place.

Thats what I thought to :icon_cool:
I just did'nt wana say anything in case I was wrong :icon_rolleyes:
k, thx i think you mean the horizontal cut
thats ART!!! :icon_twisted:
i thought nobody would recognice, but ok the devil is in the detail
it is something different, so what is your whole impression? :icon_surprised:

DeletedUser

The centered render doesn't particularly bother me but I'm sure the other will give you crap for it.

Now, it's not terrible overall, veyr simple and very clean - the best kinds of tags are always so. However, I think what you've done in the background is too obvious - the focal is just the resized background render ? So, try smudging the background (before blurring) a little more and you'll have something that looks much nicer. Maybe stick some text in there too. :) With regards to the color tone, overall, it feels unfinished. Try messing around with gradient maps and sources of lighting till you get something nice.

Overall though, not bad. :)

DeletedUser

yeah the BG is just the render smudged then blurred i put one on 1 side and flipped the other hoeizantolly which gave me the hair again then i just use the gradient and blurred the sides of the reder for it to blend with the BG