Critique Thread

DeletedUser

CnC?

ipcn5k.png

DeletedUser92094

Hummer, you're making your signatures too wide, and slightly too high.
The whole render does not have to fit the signature either.
I know you are new to the art of GFX, so i advise following a few tutorials.

image.png

image2.png

Some serious CnC please?!

DeletedUser

Im out of ideas what can i add to this :

[spoil]
suublc.png
[/spoil]

What I like: Not much sorry.
What needs improving: Firstly, as normy said cut the size down, big isn't better because it stretches the eyes too far, and you have mostly just empty space there. Try to fit the size of the canvas to the render, not fit the render to the size of the canvas. Try pasting in a c4d or background picture behind, and definitely read and follow some tutorials, you can find them in the tutorial section here. Before you try getting creative, you should first learn the tools and what they do, how to use them all :)

Hummer, you're making your signatures too wide, and slightly too high.
The whole render does not have to fit the signature either.
I know you are new to the art of GFX, so i advise following a few tutorials.

image.png

image2.png

Some serious CnC please?!

What I like: The lighting, colour and the text surprisingly works.
What needs improving: I think you have darkened the right side of her face a tiny bit too much, and that blue smudge coming from her earing seems out of place and very "anti-flow". Also, the black in the top right is just pure black, not just darkened, I think it would be better to have some kind of background there, but darkened. It's particularly noticeable as-well because of the direct white stripe next to it in the bottom right. Against the pure black as-well you can see that it is a render pasted in, the left side has depth however the right side feels unfinished.

smoodge.png

Also some proper CnC please? :icon_razz:

DeletedUser92094

What I like: The lighting, colour and the text surprisingly works.
What needs improving: I think you have darkened the right side of her face a tiny bit too much, and that blue smudge coming from her earing seems out of place and very "anti-flow". Also, the black in the top right is just pure black, not just darkened, I think it would be better to have some kind of background there, but darkened. It's particularly noticeable as-well because of the direct white stripe next to it in the bottom right. Against the pure black as-well you can see that it is a render pasted in, the left side has depth however the right side feels unfinished.

Thanks Harb.
but the blue smudge, is part of the render. :icon_neutral:
And the black, is the back ground. :icon_razz:
thanks for the CnC though, i'll see what i can do to improve it.

smoodge.png

I do like this, a lot.
but what is ruining it, is.. the image is almost square, and i find square to be ugly in my taste. :\
Also, the colour tone is nice, but maybe a little too much?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

What I like: The splatter effects. Very good blending, it really fits well.
What needs improving: A more clearly defined focal, I was confused about where I was supposed to be looking, which is especially bad with a vertical sig, also the background seems quite plain, it's just a gradient. It all feels quite unfinished. Also more defined lighting, it's not really good to have black in the middle like that, and the outsides lightened, it automatically splits focal.

forkala.png

Did it for my gf :icon_razz:

DeletedUser56488

What I like: The splatter effects. Very good blending, it really fits well.
What needs improving: A more clearly defined focal, I was confused about where I was supposed to be looking, which is especially bad with a vertical sig, also the background seems quite plain, it's just a gradient. It all feels quite unfinished. Also more defined lighting, it's not really good to have black in the middle like that, and the outsides lightened, it automatically splits focal.

forkala.png

Did it for my gf :icon_razz:

Im not really good at CnC but ill have a shot
Good lighting and nice flow
But I think the left side looks too smudged and than their's that random bit that isn't
Also think it would look nice with a border

lavegas2_by_usey11-d47oqcn.png

any better?

Tried to make my other sig BIG
[spoil]
large_sig_by_usey11-d47puyd.png
[/spoil]

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

What i like : lighting and how you made blue and green blend with the render
What needs improving: I myself need improving :D

DeletedUser

Could i get some CnC on my sig please. Its one of my first with Photoshop =L

DeletedUser92094

Blazeofglory2.png

Would love some serious CnC on this one, my favourite i've made for a looooooooong time.