Critique Thread

DeletedUser104802

While I'm here, let's show some of my latest tags :p

halokleinnnn.png

halflifeeditteeee.png

Theyre AWESOME!

DeletedUser99229

10pq5n7.png

I was going to use this for the SOTW 42 but, didn't think it fit the criteria, so I want some C n C please

DeletedUser

If your wanting to do a typo piece, make sure you do a lot of work on the text. Currently the text is the focal, but the bg is very busy and a bit random. If your doing typo, make sure you do something distinctive with the text not overwhelmed by the bg etc.

daftpunksmudge.png
daftpunksmudgebnw.png

Can't remember the last time I made a tag. Anyway, I decided bosh something together tonight, I'm pretty rusty :')

DeletedUser

If your wanting to do a typo piece, make sure you do a lot of work on the text. Currently the text is the focal, but the bg is very busy and a bit random. If your doing typo, make sure you do something distinctive with the text not overwhelmed by the bg etc.

daftpunksmudge.png
daftpunksmudgebnw.png

Can't remember the last time I made a tag. Anyway, I decided bosh something together tonight, I'm pretty rusty :')

Ohaider :3

I think the smudges are slightly too dark in the middle (that kind of... Gold/black colour). Just seems out of place with the colour-tone, but that could just be me. :icon_razz: Really like it though, creative.

animesig.png

A much less impressive smudging attempt of mine.

Edit: I also made a quick animated version of the process:

[SPOIL]
animesig.gif
[/SPOIL]

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I was just trying to contrast different smudge textures really :3 cheers harb :)
Your tag has potential man.. personally I think you should work from the point I see five frames in, neaten that up a lil' bit more and apply the adjustment layers or whatever you did on the 8th frame and it would look pretty sweet :) at the moment its cool, just you've undone a lot of our work by adding the rough smudges ontop, smudge tags tend to look nice with sharp definition; like you had before :) nice work bud :3

King Sean04

I created a new tag today :icon_razz: my inspiration came from a set of images I saw on Reddit

The one I used is the 13th one
http://imgur.com/a/ZTrBo

Smudged using my wacom tablet (I hadn't used it in nearly 2 years XD)

whaddupdawg.png

DeletedUser

Neither have you :p

And no good pre-mades, best to go it alone or with some friends if you want to play w63. good to see you haven't forgotten us ng :)

DeletedUser

hello TWGFX nerds! :p :D

i see you haven't learned how to make decent tags :p

is here any good premade for w63?

Master Of autoCAD makes a comeback eh?
emoticon-00102-bigsmile.gif

I think there's that 13 (filled with baddies :x) , and Aeon (doesn't have much leader experience but have a good member count). They've stopped recruiting though. Other than them no decent tribes going for 63.

DeletedUser

[SPOIL]
raul_marita_soccer_wallpaper_by_raulyneo-d4zwenm.jpg
[/SPOIL]

the blur around him is really distracting. I would say this is the main problem with it (for me, it's hard to focus on anything else, messes with my eyes). Good start though, needs a bit more tweaking. :icon_razz:

I tried a bit of a different style than smudging:

animesigd.png

Yay? Nay?

DeletedUser

The lighting is what is bugging me the most, as the cut-out's lighting comes from the top, whilst your lighting comes from the bottom, putting the two in conflict. A nice concept though :)

DeletedUser106013

Can I get some Criticism?
I'm new to these forums , but I am also an old graphics artist so I decided to join in and try and restart my graphics career. Since this is my first 'signature' in quite some time, all constructive criticism is appreciated as I would like to know my flaws. As I mentioned, it's been a while since I've done any work so I'm starting of doing only small projects.

[spoil]
loadingsiggy.jpg
[/spoil]

Obviously there is quite a few flaws with this image, but I'd like to know more tips for lighting, smudging, and blending. If anyone has any helpful tips for that, it's greatly appreciated, thanks .

- Loading .

DeletedUser

using a white background isn't a good idea when you have a white foreground image (the painted face).

DeletedUser

The arm is way too dark and contrasts too much with the background (which is too plain) the text also isn't very fitting. "Focal" is also mainly the same color as the background which doesnt place emphasis on it.

DeletedUser

sigblackfriday.png

No proper lightings, not much depth. I was just happy with the outcome. ^^ It was pleasing to look at.