Crunch Time

• Thread starter Dinosaurs go RARARA
  • Start date

DeletedUser

Not gonna argue but cats are second only to axes in defense.even lc is better.

A nuke can kill cats worth 50k troop count at wall 20.

Check simulator.

Cats have 100 def/50 calv def with 1 cat taking up 8 farms
Light Calv has 30 def/40 calv def with 1 lc taking up 4 farms

This is just simple math bud. Please stop trolling and actually do the math.

ashoka1

Where would I be without you? <3

On the rim.:lol:

Q. What comes under Offensive troops?
Ans. Axe, Light Cavalry, Mounted archer, Rams, Cats(Catapult)

Q. What comes under Defensive troops?
Ans. Spears, Swords, Archers, Heavy Cavalry

Q. I have seen People making lots of Cats for defensive villages. Why havent you added them in Defensive build?
Ans. Cats as Defensive units are only good in worlds where Paladin is available with Weapons. Paladin weapon increases the defensive power of cats by 10times(1000%) thereby making it a very good D troop. Without paladin with cat weapon, Cats is a shit D troop.

CATS has a general OFFENSE OF 100 and CAV DEFESE OF 50

SO a Full D village of CATS -2500 CATS will have either 250K general Def or 125K Cav Defense or a mix of two.

Spears on the other have general def of 15 and cav def of 45

thus 20K spears will have general def of 150K and cav def of 450 K .

A standard Nuke is 6500 AXE 3000 LC and 250 Rams

thus giving it general off of 40*6500 = 260K and CAV offense of 450 K.

Thus a Standard nuke can take out 5K cats at wall 20 without bonfire however only 18K spears can be killed by same nuke.

I know all of You are Pro and i am a Giant nub but check simulator.

Nuke 6500 Axe 3K LC 250 Ram

DEF
1) 5 K Cats at wall 20 = 40K population
2) 10 K LC at wall 20 = 40 K population
3) 40 K Axes at wall 20 = 40K population
4) 18K spears at wall 20 = 17 K population
5) 21K swords at wall 20 = 21 K population
6) 4400 HC at wall 20 = 26400 Population

all of them will give approx same result due to diff offensive strength of Attacking Units & higher proportion of LC in a standard Nuke.
Results dont change much if you include 260 MA instead of 300LC

Last edited:

Ripfin

to be honest with no hauls on this world LC are a fair waste of space, would rather have fewer HC then LC.

DeletedUser83995

to be honest with no hauls on this world LC are a fair waste of space, would rather have fewer HC then LC.

From my experience on W69 (limited experience and first limited/no haul world i played)

It is a waste to go for LC so early. I think i on W69 i went for LC around 26 mines (1 speed world tho)

Then i upped my troops 100/25 axes/lc for every set of mines (22/22 to 23/23 and so on)

It worked out well as i kept them going threw smithy rush also. It didnt set me back much ether compared to players in my area i was the first to acad still even though i did this. Ended up nobling my first target with 3500/1300 and being the second to noble in my 15x15 first was a tribe mate.

So it doesnt slow you down as much as people think it does.

DeletedUser

Cats are both offensive and defensive units. They are not efficient to build, but they are handy to add to your army when you are trying to quickly build up defenses.

DeletedUser

MS13Killah - you've got to stop making assumptions and implying when did I put a date on time on what I stated? Obviously pit whoring us the way. Stuff troops ... All about the level 30 mines.Spa.ag - Your the guy that makes premades? Alright do begin..? Ripfin - Yeah they are exteremly good at defending when they have B.o.n.f.i.r.e. Once again I'm not gonna sit there and just get catted. Don't forget militia..We'll see how this all pans out, only playing here with some mates for awhile.

Ripfin

From my experience on W69 (limited experience and first limited/no haul world i played)

It is a waste to go for LC so early. I think i on W69 i went for LC around 26 mines (1 speed world tho)

Then i upped my troops 100/25 axes/lc for every set of mines (22/22 to 23/23 and so on)

It worked out well as i kept them going threw smithy rush also. It didnt set me back much ether compared to players in my area i was the first to acad still even though i did this. Ended up nobling my first target with 3500/1300 and being the second to noble in my 15x15 first was a tribe mate.

So it doesnt slow you down as much as people think it does.

problem is in a no hauls world LC have no use. while HC have a duel purpose of attack and defense.

DeletedUser

problem is in a no hauls world LC have no use. while HC have a duel purpose of attack and defense.

So you are saying in late stage of the game (farming world) when no one farms you build HC instead of LC just because LC have no use? since farming isn't being done?

DeletedUser

People still farm in the late stages of a world, just not many and not to as extreme of a level.

Ripfin

So you are saying in late stage of the game (farming world) when no one farms you build HC instead of LC just because LC have no use? since farming isn't being done?

no because LC can still be used to farm the hell out of other players, so they can still do something, you send a bunch of LC at someone they go oh noes, here in a no hauls world you send LC at them they go oh well.

DeletedUser

here in a no hauls world you send LC at them they go oh well.

You are talking about LC being a waste in this world meaning you wouldn't be building them in a nuke so why talk about sending them alone to a player?

Ripfin

You are talking about LC being a waste in this world meaning you wouldn't be building them in a nuke so why talk about sending them alone to a player?

I'm done with you troll since its obvious you have no skills whatsoever in basic tactics.

DeletedUser83995

Cats are both offensive and defensive units. They are not efficient to build, but they are handy to add to your army when you are trying to quickly build up defenses.

Cats are not a very good defensive unit on a world with out pally weapons in my opinion and the amount of res it takes up it would be pretty much pointless to build for defensive purposes on a no haul world. Only good they will do in my opinion is to cat other players mines down. Even then only effective to a degree and players like myself deem it not worth going after.

Still disagree with you

on a no haul/limited haul world If your going offensive LC is still better then HC during start up.

Your mines are generally (for me anyways) wood and clay above iron (right now im at 22/22/17)

Which means im getting almost 1000 more res per an hour in wood and clay.

LC cost 125/100/250
HC cost 200/150/600

So if your getting less iron/hour then what makes you think it would be more cost efficient to build HC over LC? I get why you would think it because you cant farm but LC is also stronger in offense. Only way you should build HC is if your planning to go all out Defense first village otherwise you should rethink your start up.

Ripfin

Cats are not a very good defensive unit on a world with out pally weapons in my opinion and the amount of res it takes up it would be pretty much pointless to build for defensive purposes on a no haul world. Only good they will do in my opinion is to cat other players mines down. Even then only effective to a degree and players like myself deem it not worth going after.

Still disagree with you

on a no haul/limited haul world If your going offensive LC is still better then HC during start up.

Your mines are generally (for me anyways) wood and clay above iron (right now im at 22/22/17)

Which means im getting almost 1000 more res per an hour in wood and clay.

LC cost 125/100/250
HC cost 200/150/600

So if your getting less iron/hour then what makes you think it would be more cost efficient to build HC over LC? I get why you would think it because you cant farm but LC is also stronger in offense. Only way you should build HC is if your planning to go all out Defense first village otherwise you should rethink your start up.

first off, my first village is always defensive, also you've never played with the coin system have you? you might want to get your iron up soon, if you plan on building nobles that is. also when it comes to overall offense of 1HC to 1 LC the HC has more offense strength then the LC. the only reason people in hauls worlds build LC is cause they take up 2 less spaces and can farm more, but I think those 2 spaces are worth it for a unit that has both offensive and defensive capabilities, so instead of having an offensive unit, I now have an offensive and defensive unit.

DeletedUser103944

Im with ripfin, HC nukes should be the norm on a no hauls world, imo.

For the first village, if your going offensive, LC will be more common because of the fact when you start your smithy rush, you can keep your axes and LC production going 24/7 assuming your mines are high enough, this might not be possible if you want to build HC instead of LC while starting your smithy rush because of the cost.

To each their own though, do what you think is best.

DeletedUser83995

first off, my first village is always defensive, also you've never played with the coin system have you? you might want to get your iron up soon, if you plan on building nobles that is. also when it comes to overall offense of 1HC to 1 LC the HC has more offense strength then the LC. the only reason people in hauls worlds build LC is cause they take up 2 less spaces and can farm more, but I think those 2 spaces are worth it for a unit that has both offensive and defensive capabilities, so instead of having an offensive unit, I now have an offensive and defensive unit.

Well i was gonna leave it at that but sense your questioning my intelligence about coin worlds and offensive unit power i guess ill have to make you look stupid......

LC Offensive strength

[SPOIL] [/SPOIL]

HC offensive strength

[SPOIL] [/SPOIL]

Cost as said above

LC
125/100/250

HC
200/150/600

So by these numbers you are correct that HC is stronger then LC as ONE unit however when have you only attacked with one unit against one unit? So why even bring up that HC is overall stronger as one unit as it will never play a role in this game. When you do the overall picture including pop space LC is better.

HC build using OE HC offensive guide

Time it takes to build and res you spend building it
Then the second photo is the attack strength.

[SPOIL]
Screen_Shot_2013_09_20_at_12_30_56_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2013_09_20_at_12_31_05_PM.png
[/SPOIL]

Now offense with LC based on my offensive builds (everyones will be different)

[SPOIL]

[/SPOIL]

Which of course in your first nuke your not gonna have 3100 LC it would be a waste of resources, as stated above i had 3400/1200 on W69 which i could do the math for you but 3400/1200 LC is cheaper then 3400/1200 HC :p

This math is based on you saying HC is stronger then LC

Now that we have the simple math down we can put it threw the simulator and see how they do? :)

[SPOIL]

Nuke LC #1

Nuke LC #2

Nuke HC #1

Nuke HC #2

[/SPOIL]

Now I dont know about you but i dont know how much id trust that HC nuke :p
HC nukes are designed for one thing and one things only late game front lines even then on a simple tech world like this i personally wouldnt use it. Its really only good on 15 tech worlds and late game front lines.

as for your claim that "you've never played with the coin system before have you"

You caught me im an utter noob and have no idea what im doing can you please teach me a thing or two about this game called tribalwars? :icon_rolleyes: