Current and future state of Tribal Wars

c.a.l.m

Reaction score
Hello guys, so recently I have decided to start playing on w111. While waiting my start buildings to finish I wanted to see what high rank players are doing, interesting wars, forum posts and stuff.

It is really interesting that rank 1 there has double the points at this stage of the game. And the way he got there is not even by gifted villages,internaling or merging but purely nobling low points barbarian villages. How insane is that? First village over 1k points is his 40-th conquest. Now 1 might be anomaly, but there are more.

Rank 2 has 20 conquests being <1k points
Rank 3 has 22
Rank 4 has 13
Rank 5 has 37
Rank 6 has 30
etc.

Now some of these numbers may seem low, but this is new server that just opened.

w110 however, top5 have very low amount nobled <1k.
w109 then again, top players are barb nobling machines.
w108 low amount again.
Older worlds are past the point where it matters as much, so I will not be checking those.

What is making such difference between these worlds? Main difference I noticed is scavenging. For future of the game would it be better to remove or reduce amount of worlds with scavenging? Or perhaps tweak numbers so it's not the best option in ANY situation?

This is not only limited to scavenging, but other aspects of the game as well. Such as buildings, units and other options. Most of numbers are still the same even after adding so many new functions. While I agree that variety is necessary, there are more things to consider while adding them. For example Spears are much better in Scavenge worlds than others.

While it is somewhat of suggestion,there is nothing specific it's more of discussion of general direction where tribalwars are going and whether you are okay with it..So I have not posted it in suggestions section.

DeletedUser124150

Its scavenging that has most impact. Other setting are not so relevant.

Ragestyles

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
with premium in the game the top players will always be barb noblers or people that merge other players into their account.

True for any world. just because its the most efficient use of your ressources

c.a.l.m

Reaction score
with premium in the game the top players will always be barb noblers or people that merge other players into their account.

True for any world. just because its the most efficient use of your ressources
Yes, it is most efficient. That is what I personally think is not good direction for the game. You get to play defensive way which is almost risk-free and still get to be so far ahead of others.
Maybe I am only one and others feel differently?

busamad

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
For some reason the game has turned into a mind set that it has to end quickly.
Some players love start up but many others enjoy a real war.
If we had a packet world with scavenging maybe that would reduce some of the desire to noble substandard villages.

Morrigu

Reaction score
There was a time when the biggest problem plaguing TW was the infestation of family tribes. Those days seem so very long ago. Now, it seems pay to win and scavenging is the blight on TW. Unfortunately, I suspect Inno is too busy lining their pockets with all of that premium money to care much about re-balancing the game.

Deleted User - 11526901

Perhaps the idea of making a few worlds without a premium exchange might balance things out. The world would have no PP farmers, and no one could buy their way ahead.

Maybe even make it so only bought Premium Points (not farmed ones) can be used to purchase premium features. The same way only bought premium points can be transferred. I personally like the premium exchange, but this will also give members the opportunity to play on worlds without it. Effectively removing any Pay to Win complaint someone could make!

Aretas

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
worlds without a premium exchange are offered somewhat regularly (ie HP worlds) and so far all worlds with no premium exchange that people on the forums always ask for have been smaller worlds then normal ones. HP worlds are usually small, and w100 was also very small for a normal world. Thus its highly unlikely that Inno will make another general world without the premium exchange as it doesn't seem to bring in more players to worlds and they don't make the money they would from a regular world.

Deleted User - 11526901

The only problem with that, is that it would suggest more of their players and fan base like the premium exchange. In all honesty as much as it does provide a certain degree of "Pay to Win" it still is more balanced than most games out there. You can't pay for troops and thats what you really need to win.

One thing I personally would like to see is more speed rounds lasting no more than 4 hours with a 20 min break in the middle.

c.a.l.m

Reaction score
Perhaps the idea of making a few worlds without a premium exchange might balance things out. The world would have no PP farmers, and no one could buy their way ahead.

Maybe even make it so only bought Premium Points (not farmed ones) can be used to purchase premium features. The same way only bought premium points can be transferred. I personally like the premium exchange, but this will also give members the opportunity to play on worlds without it. Effectively removing any Pay to Win complaint someone could make!
It's too late to revert game back and expect players to come back and play it, it's not the same game. Many have moved on, for different reasons. Innogames had made changes and made it similar to popular "pay-to-win" mobile games, and thus current state of the game. Whether it would be better if they made different decisions, we can't know. It is what it is.

Right now most of community are used to these settings and changing it might turn some people off. While there is portion of people who would like it reverted to the old, we are not numerous enough to make a fun, big world which would attract more players.

Now we need to look at the future, and how to make game more balanced and fun for everyone.