Cursum perficio

Colossus_of_VA

Well, I hate that you feel that way.

Nothing but respect for you buddy but I have to tell you, correct me if I am wrong, you seem to be saying that you are the only one that can do the job right. That, to me, is a little self centered and not fair to everyone else.

I have been around for awhile and I know that you done a good job but I also know that you didnt do it alone.

To imply that no one can do it and that your just going to leave before we fall is not the comments of the leader I once knew and respected.

Good luck to you, may your future endeavors be kind to you!

I appointed two of the last 5 HOT commanders, I didn't appoint them thinking they would fail, I had nothing but great hope for them as I have hope for Steve... but I'm a realist, the odds are that most people cant do the job, this doesn't make me a better person it just means that I have a talent in one area much like I could never match Highborn in attacking and defending.

Steve may well be another person with this talent but the odds are against him, hopefully he will beat those odds.

DeletedUser22874

First and foremost I fail to see how anyone could question Colossus moral compass. In all of my dealing with him, both in game and out. He has been a man that has an ingrained code of honor and honesty above reproach. If you disagree with my statement, it would be you that needs to question your motivation to pitch stones.
He always has treated me with decency and respect, even when we disagreed. HOT is losing a great friend and defender with his departure.

With great humility I am honored to count myself in the ranks of his friends.

Joey, best of whatever the world has to offer my friend!

Good Luck and God speed

Honor above all,

Neo

DeletedUser

Read again my friend! No one is questioning what Collossus has done for HOT. Like I said, I have nothing but respect for him. I just disagree with the fact that he would publicly state that he thinks HOT will fail without him.

That is his opinion and its just that, an opinion.

Once again, for the record, I think Joey is a class act and the best HOT leader the world has ever known!

Does that clear it up for you?

Colossus_of_VA

First and foremost I fail to see how anyone could question Colossus moral compass. In all of my dealing with him, both in game and out. He has been a man that has an ingrained code of honor and honesty above reproach. If you disagree with my statement, it would be you that needs to question your motivation to pitch stones.
He always has treated me with decency and respect, even when we disagreed. HOT is losing a great friend and defender with his departure.

With great humility I am honored to count myself in the ranks of his friends.

Joey, best of whatever the world has to offer my friend!

Good Luck and God speed

Honor above all,

Neo

Neo... your military background has always given you a clearer idea of what I'm thinking and why then most, I know that many do not comprehend the importance of honor and duty that you learn with military service and Ive always taken great comfort in dealing with another service member.

keep up the good fight my friend.. honor above all.

Colossus_of_VA

Read again my friend! No one is questioning what Collossus has done for HOT. Like I said, I have nothing but respect for him. I just disagree with the fact that he would publicly state that he thinks HOT will fail without him.

That is his opinion and its just that, an opinion.

Once again, for the record, I think Joey is a class act and the best HOT leader the world has ever known!

Does that clear it up for you?

I DO NOT think I'm the only one able to run HOT, there where better commanders in the past (Jester was unmatched) and with any luck there will be better ones in the future. my only reservation is that I think its more likely that one will not be found in time to save HOT.

DeletedUser5436

/sigh

as always i barely keep a tab on things here, but me and you bro, we go way back, it was always going to come to this. i remember the countless time we stayed up all night on vent trying to decide the course of this world, some very good times, especially when things went our way. you are the most honourable player to have ever played this world, PERIOD. people can say what they want but they do not know how many times you refused to attack for the sake of war, you held to your word. now some may say, that you have manipulated and gone back on your word, to that i would simply say, he played the game how it is meant to be played with intellect and understanding, he manipulated those he needed to and NEVER broke his word, albeit he did sometimes find loopholes as we all did.

i wish HOT all the best, but from what i can see this world is dying out as the last great leaders begin to depart this world. i could go on and on and on, but i see no point, it would only sadden me to think of all the good times and how i can not relive certain events or moments in this game again. Col i hope to see you around bro, you did good in this world under a ridiculous amount of pressure, not many can understand how hard it is to lead a dominant family such as HOT and to lead it at a time were great leaders and players played, but you my friend, and i am glad i can call you that, did it as good as anyone( yes even me :p)

all the best bro, you know where i am if you want to chat some more :)

Soldier Ex-Leader of XIG

Brothers in arms always : Colossus,Mantho,Soldier(aka Nez)

DeletedUser5436

im on hot vent for a bit i hope u can jump on if not hop in game and send me a tell.

DeletedUser7126

I DO NOT think I'm the only one able to run HOT, there where better commanders in the past (Jester was unmatched) and with any luck there will be better ones in the future. my only reservation is that I think its more likely that one will not be found in time to save HOT.

HOT is fine. Why does HOT need saving? HOT goes through their troubles just like every tribe in every world of this game. How about we give little ole me a chance? To say a leader wont be found is a little disrespectful i must say but im not worried about. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Let me just say that HOT HAS found a leader. A leader that will not make any haste decisions. A leader that will do whats best for the tribe as a whole and not just a single branch or player. A leader who knows that he will not please everyone with every decision. It is up to tribe members to realize that. I will not be perfect in any shape, form or fashion but that is ok. As a tribe we will get through it and support each member that makes mistakes. We will help each other. A leader that will be here until they shut this world down. A leader that will work very closely with allies. A leader that will be knocking down the doors of enemies. Joey, I respect you a great deal and always have. I never said i didnt want your input. I am always willing to listen to what you have to say. If you want to talk about issues that cant be discussed here then write me in game and we will talk.

I have hated to see so many leaders leave the past few months and that all stops here. That is a promise!

Joey, lets talk! write me

Colossus_of_VA

/sigh

as always i barely keep a tab on things here, but me and you bro, we go way back, it was always going to come to this. i remember the countless time we stayed up all night on vent trying to decide the course of this world, some very good times, especially when things went our way. you are the most honourable player to have ever played this world, PERIOD. people can say what they want but they do not know how many times you refused to attack for the sake of war, you held to your word. now some may say, that you have manipulated and gone back on your word, to that i would simply say, he played the game how it is meant to be played with intellect and understanding, he manipulated those he needed to and NEVER broke his word, albeit he did sometimes find loopholes as we all did.

i wish HOT all the best, but from what i can see this world is dying out as the last great leaders begin to depart this world. i could go on and on and on, but i see no point, it would only sadden me to think of all the good times and how i can not relive certain events or moments in this game again. Col i hope to see you around bro, you did good in this world under a ridiculous amount of pressure, not many can understand how hard it is to lead a dominant family such as HOT and to lead it at a time were great leaders and players played, but you my friend, and i am glad i can call you that, did it as good as anyone( yes even me :p)

all the best bro, you know where i am if you want to chat some more :)

Soldier Ex-Leader of XIG

Brothers in arms always : Colossus,Mantho,Soldier(aka Nez)

Soldier... we are friends, I never told you this but it always impressed me that you where one of the few people that did not bend to my arguments, your a good friend and a good person, we shall see each other down the road.

DeletedUser

Well said Steve and i wish you all the luck in leading HOT,Joey mail the man:))

Mikey

HOT is fine. Why does HOT need saving? HOT goes through their troubles just like every tribe in every world of this game. How about we give little ole me a chance? To say a leader wont be found is a little disrespectful i must say but im not worried about. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Let me just say that HOT HAS found a leader. A leader that will not make any haste decisions. A leader that will do whats best for the tribe as a whole and not just a single branch or player. A leader who knows that he will not please everyone with every decision. It is up to tribe members to realize that. I will not be perfect in any shape, form or fashion but that is ok. As a tribe we will get through it and support each member that makes mistakes. We will help each other. A leader that will be here until they shut this world down. A leader that will work very closely with allies. A leader that will be knocking down the doors of enemies. Joey, I respect you a great deal and always have. I never said i didnt want your input. I am always willing to listen to what you have to say. If you want to talk about issues that cant be discussed here then write me in game and we will talk.

I have hated to see so many leaders leave the past few months and that all stops here. That is a promise!

DeletedUser5436

Soldier... we are friends, I never told you this but it always impressed me that you where one of the few people that did not bend to my arguments, your a good friend and a good person, we shall see each other down the road.

in this game i am drawn to those who have the intellect and common sense to be able to formulate arguments and then convey those points in an eloquent manner, you perhaps more then anyone could verbally destroy me on your day, it was a challenge to be able to try and persuade you or even to proof you wrong. But i digress of the original point of this thread, just get in game, i tried to hop in HOT vent but im globally muted so not much i can do.

and to steve, here is my two cents. i am sure you have your tribes best wishes at heart, sincerely i understand your thirst to do the best you can, but as you will soon see, no matter how much time you have, decisions are hard, you need to think several steps ahead, your members need to be active but at the end of the day, EVERYTHING falls squarely on your shoulders, you need to motivate them, give them hope and above all, take a step back and look at the battlefield, and do not strike, but begin to formulate NON-AGGRESSIVE solutions, strength in arms can only take you so far, if you want to be victorious...then destroy the enemies will to fight, this advice goes to all leaders in this game, either take heed or simply discard what i have said, the choice is yours. While it is slightly generalized, i hope you understand the key message embedded in what i just said, if you do then you will be remembered as a great leader, just like joey, he realized this and was able attain victory without sending an attack in many cases. if you need me to be specific i can, but not here.i wish you all the best.

Last edited by a moderator:

Colossus_of_VA

Steve... I know you are dedicated to HOT, I know you have worked hard in the past and I trust that you will work hard at this, unfortunately hard work is often not enough, leading hundreds of people in one directions is not something you simply decide to do one day, it takes training, talent, hard work, stubborn will power, ethics that others can respect and follow and a very large helping of luck.

You may have all these things and I certainly hope you do, Ive made no claim that I know you will fail, only that the odds are against you, its unfortunate that the current climate of W2 makes it even HARDER to lead then it once was.

Finally... anyone that know me will know that I'm unable to play "second fiddle" to another leader, yes this is a character flaw of my own and for that I'm sorry.

Good luck dude.... I mean it.

DeletedUser5436

hmmm strange that me and joey tried to convey the same message on leadership...i wonder if by chance that there is some wisdom to our words, hell i thin combined we have lead a tribe for well over three years...well im all fixed on vent so i can talk to you there sometime, ill pop on occasionally, take it easy.

side note: sup mikey, hopes everything is ok, also steve if mikey can lead so can you :p

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Actually, Ternith...I was told by some people in Aten a couple of days ago that Jonesi is gone, Steve has been afk on and off for awhile, and Red814(aka Debs) has been attempting to run things with Dragons (into the ground, sounds like the whole Keil issue all over again). Steve isn't gonna be around long, I'm betting. If he is, Red is going to become Co-Commander, Dragons is going to assume Vice Commander, and then watch it slide. You know you're gonna be one of the first ones out, with as much as they hate you. All this is "speculation" of course, but the guys that told me this are rarely wrong, and have only been wrong once in all the time they've passed me info. Whoops..I'm wrong..they've been right EVERY TIME... I, however, have no worries. I deleted my account after seeing how things were going, and have a much more free feeling since that time. I wish HOT members all the luck. With the way leadership is setting up, you're gonna need it. I also wish my TW guys luck and expect them and Aten to start having all kinds of fun soon. Steve..if I get this wrong...Congrats. However...I'm thinking it's gonna happen.

junkmonger

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Gunbound]SS[;2349839 said:
It's ok Joey.

I'm like Costco, I give ass kickings in bulk.

And like Depends, you can hold a lot?

Seriously, it's been a pleasure joey. Sometimes you drove me crazy. I never once doubted your integrity, but you always decided what was right for HOT. In the end, your decisions had to be pretty good. Look where I ended up.

If you want to sign up on another world down the road, let me know.

DeletedUser5436

damn patti, what a downer...sheesh i wont go as far to say it is all doom and gloom, hell when i took over people were in complete awe, they could not believe it, 1 year down the line XIG was rebuilt, powerful and united, i leave then it all falls like a deck of cards, if you want to do this steve im serious when i say, you NEED to dedicate 12 hours a day, you need to be in constant motion, explore EVERY avenue i could go on and on but i dont want to reveal a few trade secrets if you will. if anything, take all this criticism, and please for the love of god, make sure you take it as criticism, and feed of it, prove them all wrong, i dont know you but i believe given the right core of trusted officers, or in my case friends hell even family ( GO GO MANTHO,COL, McMommy and Merlin) anything can be done :)

DeletedUser

Actually, Ternith...I was told by some people in Aten a couple of days ago that Jonesi is gone, Steve has been afk on and off for awhile, and Red814(aka Debs) has been attempting to run things with Dragons (into the ground, sounds like the whole Keil issue all over again). Steve isn't gonna be around long, I'm betting. If he is, Red is going to become Co-Commander, Dragons is going to assume Vice Commander, and then watch it slide. You know you're gonna be one of the first ones out, with as much as they hate you. All this is "speculation" of course, but the guys that told me this are rarely wrong, and have only been wrong once in all the time they've passed me info. Whoops..I'm wrong..they've been right EVERY TIME... I, however, have no worries. I deleted my account after seeing how things were going, and have a much more free feeling since that time. I wish HOT members all the luck. With the way leadership is setting up, you're gonna need it. I also wish my TW guys luck and expect them and Aten to start having all kinds of fun soon. Steve..if I get this wrong...Congrats. However...I'm thinking it's gonna happen.

Why the hell are you so down on HOT?
Are you implying that TW and Aten will go against HOT?
Steve is always on TW and barring an accident will always be on.

DeletedUser

Byeeeee

Hey Joey..

I will always remember the day you visited my little branch.. how awe inspiring it was.. you had such great plans.. I emailed offering any service I could.. you accepted and look what we built :D

Wish you hadn't left in the first place.. but things move on..

Be good stay in touch..

*salute*

cooled ice

how about we all be patient and see how things turn out to be ;) i am sure results may be surprising for some and for others not so much..