Date of beta end

When do you want the main game to start?

• May 30th (Tuesday)

Votes: 28 75.7%
  • June 2nd (Friday)

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • June 3rd (Saturday)

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Friday or Saturday (june 2nd or 3rd)

Votes: 4 10.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

hey, hoodoo

monday the 29th is a major holiday in the united states. major. everything closes and many people do not work. the next day, tuesday the 29th may be a difficult time for those that play from work. you know, clearing up the piles of work that they blew off on friday and trying to catch up after thr holiday. just fyi. Moses.

DeletedUser

I was all for June 2nd but I guess im a loser :icon_neutral:

DeletedUser27

hoodoo said:
Everybody will keep their accounts, but you will get a new small village.

Can you expand on this statement a little more. Will we just one day have brand new villages, or are we going to have to apply for them.

Reason I ask is that the tribe was going to all apply together so as to get the villages close together, but from what I understand here, you are just going to one day give us all new villages. Does that happen in alphabetical order, or joined date or what ?

DeletedUser

what about increasing the speed still more until beta ends? :icon_biggrin:

DeletedUser2

it's the joining date that counts.

as for the holiday, I forgot about that, but it schouldn't be a problem. First, the speed is at 1, so on the first day there is not soo much to do yet. And if you can't play at all just wait until after work to log in, you'll be a little more outside and a little out of the melting pot.

DeletedUser27

hoodoo said:
it's the joining date that counts.

as for the holiday, I forgot about that, but it schouldn't be a problem. First, the speed is at 1, so on the first day there is not soo much to do yet. And if you can't play at all just wait until after work to log in, you'll be a little more outside and a little out of the melting pot.

OK So we will be given a new village when we login ??

DeletedUser

Is there any chance you could alter the placement of villages algorythmn (sp?) so that players who join first don't begin right in the middle of an ever expanding circle?

DeletedUser27

Illustrious said:
Is there any chance you could alter the placement of villages algorythmn (sp?) so that players who join first don't begin right in the middle of an ever expanding circle?

Why? That is the whole point. You want to have similar points places to attack instead of being spread out accross the whole map - it would take ages to get from 1 side to the other if the population was random.

Also in that fashion the tribes in the midlle will be bigger and the noobs on the outside of the circle have protection because of distance and the fact that everybody around them is also a noob.

Also remember that the spped will be back to normal post beta, so things will take even longer and distances will be expanded

DeletedUser27

Illustrious said:
I don't understand. What speed are we on currently?

Um something rediculous like 5 times

Yeah just checked - server speed is 5

DeletedUser

Server speed is 5 times normal? Crap. I like it at this speed!

DeletedUser37

cant you keep us all centred around one point like we are now but change our positions so that we are not near the people we currently are now?

DeletedUser

Just to re-iterate, I hope that they don't take the speed down too much. I think it is great fun at this speed, and if it is taken down by five times, I think the game will be less engaging.

DeletedUser2

the speed will go down to 1. That is the base speed for the server.
Speed 5 is fun right now, you are right, but

1. you will be working hard on your villages. You want some chance to fight for it. If you are gone to bed at speed 5 your village is gone when you wake up. With speed one you have time to react.

2. The game is in a very very early phase. Once you have a few villages you would hate that speed, because you didn't have a free minute anymore.

DeletedUser

at newbie level it seems fine but i must say that it is getting alittle taxing now, and i can't imagine 5x speed with many villages.

DeletedUser27

Illustrious said:
Just to re-iterate, I hope that they don't take the speed down too much. I think it is great fun at this speed, and if it is taken down by five times, I think the game will be less engaging.

We have had this discussion before. The server speed will go back to 1 when the game goes live.

I agree it will be something to get used to, but then I also agree they should have turned it up for beta so we could test everything.

I think you joined after they put the speed up to 5. It was 2 previously and that also seemed fast enough at the time.

If you think about it though, its like most things in life. You will start off small and very slowly build yourself up over time. Thats why tribes will be so important. Eventually you will have more than 1 village, maybe more than 10 or 100 and there will be so many things to do in each village etc that you will thank the stars that its so slow. We just have to get over that 1st bump of it being slow and things will be fine.

EDIT: Beaten to it by both Hoodoo and thepordage - Im slacking off

DeletedUser

I hadn't thought about the implications of having more than one village. However, even so, for people so hooked, to cut the speed by five times is like heresy :icon_eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.