Date of beta end

When do you want the main game to start?

• May 30th (Tuesday)

Votes: 28 75.7%
  • June 2nd (Friday)

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • June 3rd (Saturday)

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Friday or Saturday (june 2nd or 3rd)

Votes: 4 10.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser37

belly59 said:
cant you keep us all centred around one point like we are now but change our positions so that we are not near the people we currently are now?

can someone answer this plz!

DeletedUser2

The question isn't very clear, but I think I did.

When the game starts the world is empty. Everybody who logs in then gets a village. The positioning starts in the mittle and is then an expanding circle.
So the earlier you log in, the closer you are to the middle and to the real fight.

DeletedUser

Now, when i think that i'll have to start with a small village, game speed 10 times slower, comparing to what i have now, i don't want the game to restart at all:)

DeletedUser74

Aphrodite said:
what about increasing the speed still more until beta ends? :icon_biggrin:

I agree could we speed it up like on the last day of the beta? that would be a day of fun since its a holiday we can spend all day playing and then start over the next day. kind alike the last day of school.

DeletedUser2

well, there is nothing to say against that.
But I can't promise it.

Let's see that all problems are solved, then we can do that. I can't test anything with a too fast speed.

DeletedUser92

I don't think there's any question that, after Beta, things need to be wiped. That's how it is with these games.

Unfortunately the downside to this seems not to be lost work, but rather the time it takes to make it up. I get the feeling that a "combat" phase is going to take weeks to enter into, and that the promised "you'll thank us when you have 20 villiages to run" will come only after months of play.

Granted, me and my little tribe (We've recruited and will continue to do so; me and one of my pals are Utopia defectees) have played -maybe- 12 hours so far...But it seems like it will take forever to expand if things are five times as slow.

One possible solution would be a tax-fee building queue, sort of like in Civilization, so that you can set what buildings you want produced (buildings are put on hold until the necessary resources are acquired.) Perhaps you couldn't use this to build multiple levels of a building (Such as Iron 4, Iron 5, Iron 6) and could only use it to build one more level of every building while you're away? That way its not terribly abusable, but allows us to sleep. ;)

DeletedUser

I agree. Admittedly, we are probably suffering from a time compression syndrome, where the two days ago we started playing seem like an eternity. However, I really would like to see some debate on whether the server time should maybe be a little faster than one.

DeletedUser36

Illustrious said:
I agree. Admittedly, we are probably suffering from a time compression syndrome, where the two days ago we started playing seem like an eternity. However, I really would like to see some debate on whether the server time should maybe be a little faster than one.

Believe me, you don't want the server to run faster than with speed one. It's nearly impossible to play at a higher speed and live a normal life. It takes already at speed one enough time to manage everything.

DeletedUser92

Oh I understand the problems of addiction. Trusssttt me. As a long-time Utopia player, I have a dubious need to login every 6-8 hours (at most) to cast protection spells and put troops in training.

At a 5x reduced speed, however, buildings that take 10 minutes to build now will take nearly an hour. That means I have to login once an hour to develop at peak speeds. That gives an immesurable edge to people who spend time logged in and doing little more than idling, which will in turn cause the less-active (or those weak enough to need sleep. Sleep, psh.) players to lose every time, because they couldn't build more than one structure at a time.

With these speeds I can accomplish a lot with an hour of playing and feel good about leaving the game to rest. With an improved build queue system that has no/less penalties attached, I can set it to build and go to bed, waking up in the morning 8 hours later to find I've successfully kept pace with the rest of the world.

Of course, that brings about other problems I distinctly remember from Utopia...But not quite so many.

DeletedUser2

well, if you go to bed for 8 hours at speed 5, that's 40 hours in real time.
If can easily happen that you wake up and have nothing left to go back to. :)

DeletedUser92

I get the whole "long attack time," but if resource gathering and building construction take 5x as long, the early part of the game is going to be incredibly, incredibly slow.

I'd say re-balance the times so that attacking might take long, but construction can be done either in a relatively short spurt OR while not online.

DeletedUser74

after the "wipe" will we have to rejoin our tribes? or do we stay with our current tribe? I'm sorry if there has already been a discussion about this but can you please reiterate?

DeletedUser74

such as on the last day we speed things up (the server thingy which you explained is on 5 now) so we can get a chance to do everything before the "wipe"

Status
Not open for further replies.